It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You nailed it there for me. Maybe not in the way you intended though.

The key is they need therapy or something to come to terms with the fact that they are in fact the gender they were born into.

It's not a societal issue where we ALL have to accept that this man is a woman.

It's like you said, they need to learn to accept themselves and their bodies

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

guess what, when future archaeologists dig up bruce jenners bones he will be sorted in the male pile.

LOL you think you're cute.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I might do a thread on that as a separate issue... I would want to get my buddies input on the thing, maybe do a video or something... I don't know when of course, because there's lots in the pipes just at the moment that I have to concentrate on just now. Good call though!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Why would it make others confused? Why do you think she is confused? It is still not clear if the faculty restroom has a shower. Also, the faculty restroom is gender neutral- with ADULT males using it. There is an entirely different kind of uncomfortable there.

Confused as to why the groups right to not be forced to change/shower with a male was not protected. But hey what does it matter. We are now a society trying to promote and support the most deprived and ill among us.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

guess what, when future archaeologists dig up bruce jenners bones he will be sorted in the male pile.

Yet amazingly accurate. Go figure. It is in the DNA my friend. Just because his brain is jacked up thinking it is a woman doesn't mean that he isn't a man. Get tits and ooooh I am a woman!!! I know alot of fat man that have tits. Yet they are are still men.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
For a shelter, you are right. Homeless females have been through hell. A women's shelter should be a women's shelter. You can't actually tell a homeless woman to find another shelter if they don't like it, there may not be a bed available anywhere else in the city. In this case, this is one's home, such as it is and there is nowhere else to go.

These are 2 different cases.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Like I said earlier -- people with allergies make everyone else's lives around them uncomfortable and more difficult.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EKron

Waggling your male parts around in a protected woman's space is a complete disrespect for the comfort levels of female bodied women that I find almost inconceivable from someone claiming woman identity. It is absolutely alpha male privileged behaviour no ifs ands or buts.

I would argue it's not much a privilege to have genitalia on the outside of the body.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom

Why would it make others confused? Why do you think she is confused? It is still not clear if the faculty restroom has a shower. Also, the faculty restroom is gender neutral- with ADULT males using it. There is an entirely different kind of uncomfortable there.

Confused as to why the groups right to not be forced to change/shower with a male was not protected. But hey what does it matter. We are now a society trying to promote and support the most deprived and ill among us.

Well, the ill and deprived should be supported! Or did you mean depraved? I am thinking that's what you meant.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

The key is they need therapy or something to come to terms with the fact that they are in fact the gender they were born into.

They can't anymore than counsel gay people to be attracted to people of opposite sex.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: EKron

Waggling your male parts around in a protected woman's space is a complete disrespect for the comfort levels of female bodied women that I find almost inconceivable from someone claiming woman identity. It is absolutely alpha male privileged behaviour no ifs ands or buts.

I would argue it's not much a privilege to have genitalia on the outside of the body.

I would be terrified of bumping into things. That has crossed my mind that it is probably not so much of a priviledge in many cases. LOL

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

You nailed it there for me. Maybe not in the way you intended though.

It's not a societal issue where we ALL have to accept that this man is a woman.

Let's try to stay on topic and not disparage the psychology or motivations of transgender and transsexual people, which aren't necessarily the same thing.

FWIW and I'm sure the OP will say the same thing, we were indeed born into the gender we are and have always been. There's no amount of therapy on the planet that can change that. Could you change yours?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Like I said earlier -- people with allergies make everyone else's lives around them uncomfortable and more difficult.

I do the same thing and have no excuse.

Hey, sorry I thought you were making a joke about women that suffer from PTSD and it rubbed me the wrong way. If it helps I was really surprised.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

Yet amazingly accurate. Go figure. It is in the DNA my friend.

And if one day the technology is advanced enough to alter one's DNA so that transgirl is fully transformed into a fully female body, then what?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Probably easier to handle, but that's about the only privilege I can think of. Sitting down can be treacherous sometimes. There's lots of sharp things moving in the world; even the fly zipper is deadly.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It seems the "it makes me uncomfortable" people are also the people that complain about PC folks. These same people think they should be able to say whatever hateful/hurtful things they want without repercussion -- and that the people it offends need to "toughen up". Yet these same people also claim that it's OK for them to be made uncomfortable in a locker room?

I see a double standard here developing...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

No worries, I dated a woman that was raped once. She was very resilient and worked by herself to overcome any kind of issues she had.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
It seems the "it makes me uncomfortable" people are also the people that complain about PC folks. These same people think they should be able to say whatever hateful/hurtful things they want without repercussion -- and that the people it offends need to "toughen up". Yet these same people also claim that it's OK for them to be made uncomfortable in a locker room?

I see a double standard here developing...

I wish I had more than just one star to give.

link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I think it's more complicated than that. I'm not sure, but think that there is some real weird stuff going on where the brain is expecting the body to be female, and that it isn't screw with things. So often it's said that the genitalia is like a birth defect. So you may be born with a tail (surprisingly common) but you certainly don't want to go wagging that around either.

I think the best thing to do is to try and understand, be compassionate and realize no one would choose to have these issues (well, I take that back I think some weirdos are doing it for attention because of other issues). If having gender reassignment surgery helps some of the pain, I'm all for it. I think things would be a lot different if society was different, but until we get to that point live and let live, just stay out of my shower and I'm not calling you Xer.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

But not inaccurate. It's true. Between skeletal structure and DNA, that's where they'll put him absent any other clues. There simply is no other way for them to know.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join