It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Since when is comfortability a right? Never.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think people get a little crazy about this.

We're not talking about a guy that wants to wear women's panties but still like's women.

We're talking about a woman that feels like she is trapped in the wrong body. She is emotionally and mentally a woman, who probably likes men.

There's really nothing to freak out about, here.

We let actual gay men use the men's restrooms and we let lesbians use the women's locker rooms. Shouldn't you guys be more upset about that? LOL

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Domo1

I'm not dismissing anyone or denying it's truth.

You're painting rape victims with a broad brush, assuming they all must have some kind of horrible stress disorder triggered at the sight of male genitalia.

I don't think you give women enough credit.

Well, kind of common sense. If a male rapes you, they have a penis, penis probably not bringing out good feelings. Could have girls sexually abused at home, same thing.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Personally, I think there should be separate bathrooms/showers/dressing rooms for each individual student, with completely enclosed rooms - not stalls. But schools won't pay to build those because most people don't want their taxes to go up in order to pay for that.

Damn right, we have 2,000 students in our high school (my former hometown had twice that). Building them each a private bathroom is about as absurd as it gets.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sounds like she needed counseling. What happened to her was terrible, but retroactively finding all men guilty of the assault is borderline psychotic.

link   

originally posted by: amazing
I think people get a little crazy about this.

We're not talking about a guy that wants to wear women's panties but still like's women.

We're talking about a woman that feels like she is trapped in the wrong body. She is emotionally and mentally a woman, who probably likes men.

There's really nothing to freak out about, here.

We let actual gay men use the men's restrooms and we let lesbians use the women's locker rooms. Shouldn't you guys be more upset about that? LOL

How do you know? Ms. Jenner says she still likes women. There might have been a lesbian trapped in that man's body.
edit on 1-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I get the feeling rape victims would be equally upset, if not more, about a dude in the women's locker room

I don't think you are a woman. The 2 things are totally different.

link   

Well yeah, but again not as uncomfortable as they would be with male genitalia flapping around.

A locker room is regarded as a safe place for those people, a place where they don't have to worry about men or male genitalia. Taking that away so one person doesn't feel different (but is very very different) is completely unfair.

Transgender people that think it's OK to just make everyone uncomfortable because they get more special points are terrible. They do a disservice to themselves, all the other people struggling with the same issues, and people they make uncomfortable.

Lesbian groups and feminists can be very uncomfortable with transgender people, because at the end of the day the transgender person may still have a penis, probably grew up with a penis, and because they don't have the same experiences being born as a woman would give them.

It really sucks for the transgender person, no doubt. That doesn't give them a right to make so many others with valid feelings and concerns and issues uncomfortable.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Since when is comfortability a right? Never.

Since when is not feeling isolated, different, or offended a right?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Is that a rhetorical question? The answer is never, and it never should be.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I get the feeling rape victims would be equally upset, if not more, about a dude in the women's locker room

No but considering how the average rape victim will act around males after rape.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Does it matter if I'm a woman or not?

Also I think you misunderstand. I'm not saying a man in the women's locker room is as bad as a rape. I'm saying someone who was raped would be more upset about the same man being in there than another un-raped woman.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Is that a rhetorical question? The answer is never, and it never should be.

But that's the base of this argument. This person feeling isolated, whatever or the girls who would be uncomfortable. What takes priority? Some say the individual, some say the group.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

We could just call it what it is - selfishness.

In this case, Lila doesn't want to feel different, so Lila thinks her feelings are the only ones that matters. I understand that Lila feels strange about using a separate facility, but maybe ought to consider why that is. Maybe one of the best ways for Lila to do that would be to ponder how she would feel about being forced to use the boys' locker room, and the realize that's how her presence is making all those girls feel.

Then she ought to decide which is more important in the grand scheme - Her (Lila's personal comfort which is being addressed by having her own space) or the comfort of all those girls which will be over if Lila chooses to force them to accommodate her?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You're painting rape victims with a broad brush, assuming they all must have some kind of horrible stress disorder triggered at the sight of male genitalia.

I'm sorry if you read it that way. I was saying that many women are raped, and that can certainly cause PTSD, and that seeing a penis in the locker room is a trigger. I don't know how common this is, but I guarantee it's more common than someone being transgender.

I don't think you give women enough credit.

I don't think anything I've said gives you a reason to think that. I have a profound respect for women. I respect them enough that I think they're allowed to voice it when uncomfortable with a certain situation.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

No but considering how the average rape victim will act around males after rape.

Maybe right after. It also depends on the person how long it will take to not be generally in fear..of being alone, of walking after dark, of going on a date. However, the vast majority do not remain fearful of men or scared of male genitalia for the rest of their lives. Rape is about power, not sex or parts.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Come college, she will probably be allowed to use the female facilities. Maybe the other girls should get used to it now.

Seriously? I don't think women would ever get used to showering next to someone that has a penis nor do I think we should ever have to. My opinion is if someone truly identifies with being a woman, the last thing on earth they would do would be to expose their male genitalia to anyone and that they should have more respect for the feelings of those that are female.

This is male privilege, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We could just call it what it is - selfishness.

In this case, Lila doesn't want to feel different, so Lila thinks her feelings are the only ones that matters. I understand that Lila feels strange about using a separate facility, but maybe ought to consider why that is. Maybe one of the best ways for Lila to do that would be to ponder how she would feel about being forced to use the boys' locker room, and the realize that's how her presence is making all those girls feel.

Then she ought to decide which is more important in the grand scheme - Her (Lila's personal comfort which is being addressed by having her own space) or the comfort of all those girls which will be over if Lila chooses to force them to accommodate her?

That's a very good summation. Lila thinks she matters more because she's got more special points.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe one of the best ways for Lila to do that would be to ponder how she would feel about being forced to use the boys' locker room, and the realize that's how her presence is making all those girls feel.

But that is completely different. As one poster pointed out the danger of violence in boys locker room is real and palpable. Where's the danger in girl's locker room?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EKron

Wait so the reason men can say they are women now and use the women's locker room in high school is because of male privilege?

So it's like, men have a penis and can decide wether or not they want to identify with it, but women don;t have one and have to be women. Is that the male privilege?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join