It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
How has everyone in this thread missed the part where the tranny already had a private facility where she could be comfortable, the males could be comfortable, and the females were all comfortable?

If she decided NOT to use those facilities provided to her/him then CLEARLY this person is seeking attention AND thats where this all goes sideways. There was a solution in place that addressed everyones concerns and the attention seeker did what they always do best and make waves so that they can be a news story. Shame.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: phishfriar47
How has everyone in this thread missed the part where the tranny already had a private facility where she could be comfortable, the males could be comfortable, and the females were all comfortable?

Tranny is an insulting slang word.

Lila by law has the right to use the girls locker room.

She can not be forced to use a gender-neutral separate room.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What law is that? Wouldn't she have to have the genitalia issue addressed for a corresponding law to apply? Or can one simply say they are transgender and that's all it takes?
edit on 1-9-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: new_here
The debate is whether or not there should be a penis in the girls' locker room/showers, since many of them are uncomfortable with the situation (just as the trans person was uncomfortable changing in a room full of penises.) Ironic when you think about it.

The state laws says yes.

Student is allowed to use the facility they identify with. By law.

Got a link? The only law I saw in this state pertained to public restrooms. Considering the high school would not be for public use during school hours and locker room probably not defined as a restroom because of the inclusion of shower facilities. What law are you referring to?

link   

originally posted by: introvert

What law is that? Wouldn't she have to have the genitalia issue addressed for a corresponding law to apply? Or can one simply say they are transgender and that's all it takes?

NO.

Transgenders are not defined by their physical genitalia. And not all transgenders choose surgery.

She identified as a gay male since about 13 (I think), then in January (I think) as transgender.

That is not particularly unusual. Chaz Bono went through his recognition years too - - trying to figure out what was right for him.

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
And I thought you could still have male genitalia and be considered trans.

Did someone say you couldn't? Other then in the article?

Not all transgenders have surgery.

no they don't and very few at this age

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah, but lesbians and homosexuals still have the same plumbing. It doesn't make people of the same sex uncomfortable sharing utilities when their physical traits are the same. However, when it's clearly apparent a person still has the plumbing of the opposite sex, it's not only startling and uncomfortable, but they can also feel their privacy is compromised and feel vulnerable.

I understand this girl may feel she's no threat to the other girls, but these girls cannot read or anticipate what's on this girl's mind. I doubt many girls dressing in front of a girl who still had male parts would be able to accept this.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

The debate is whether or not there should be a penis in the girls' locker room/showers, since many of them are uncomfortable with the situation (just as the trans person was uncomfortable changing in a room full of penises.) Ironic when you think about it.

The state laws says yes.

Got a link? The only law I saw in this state pertained to public restrooms. Considering the high school would not be for public use during school hours and locker room probably not defined as a restroom because of the inclusion of shower facilities. What law are you referring to?

I did read it in one of the several articles I read. I don't just read the OP link.

Gonna have to research it.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

NO.

Transgenders are not defined by their physical genitalia. And not all transgenders choose surgery.

She identified as a gay male since about 13 (I think), then in January (I think) as transgender.

That is not particularly unusual. Chaz Bono went through his recognition years too - - trying to figure out what was right for him.

I believe you are referring to the law on public restrooms. The high school locker room is not for public use during school hours and includes showers, not sure it fits restroom definition. Could be wrong. Unless you have a link, going to say no there's not a law for Lila to use the locker room

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

The state laws says yes.

I did read it in one of the several articles I read. I don't just read the OP link.

Gonna have to research it.

The law refers to public restrooms but please share what you find

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have a boy. Know what? If I were to find out that someday he was using the locker with an untransitioned transperson. I'd be livid. He'd be a teenage boy at that point sharing a locker room with an anatomical girl! Do you understand the trouble that could invite? For the transperson and for the boys?!

It doesn't matter how good those boys might be ... you have a mob of naked, adolescent boys (and their raging adolescent hormones) in a shower with one naked anatomical female.

You do the math and tell me what could go horribly wrong with that situation.

LOL I am sorry but I had to laugh at that. You do make an excellent point.

I was thinking... why not make a private stall or small room IN girls locker room so they can't see each other. They will still be separate but she will feel part of it. I hope my explanation makes sense?
edit on 9/1/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

And I thought you could still have male genitalia and be considered trans.

Did someone say you couldn't? Other then in the article?

Not all transgenders have surgery.

no they don't and very few at this age

Right. Its such a new science.

Not saying transgender is new, but the study and procedures are always evolving.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: phishfriar47

Tranny is an insulting slang word.

Lila by law has the right to use the girls locker room.

She can not be forced to use a gender-neutral separate room.

are you trans?
then why be offended

and no, lila does not have the right by any law

you are saying there is a law protecting 1, but not the other 200?
i dont think so

link   

And you clearly agree with every single law ever passed. Right?

No matter what, laws are and have always been clearly perfectly right every single time in every single instance for every single person?

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ketsuko

I have a boy. Know what? If I were to find out that someday he was using the locker with an untransitioned transperson. I'd be livid. He'd be a teenage boy at that point sharing a locker room with an anatomical girl! Do you understand the trouble that could invite? For the transperson and for the boys?!

LOL I am sorry but I had to laugh at that. You do make an excellent point.

I was thinking... why not make a private stall or small room IN girls locker room so they can't see each other. They will still be separate but she will feel part of it. I hope my explanation makes sense?

We did have that in my high school. And that was in 1964.

There were a couple private stalls in the same room as the open shower area. Usually, a kid with a disability of some kind used it. Only those with permission could use them.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And you clearly agree with every single law ever passed. Right?

No matter what, laws are and have always been clearly perfectly right every single time in every single instance for every single person?

What kind of argument is that?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me...but when I'm changing in the locker room, you know what I do? I change my clothes. I don't look at other people. I focus on getting my clothes on or off and out of the locker room. Maybe other people are looking at me, maybe not but I ignore the people around me and do what I need to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It is hard enough to get comfortable to engage in physical intimacy with a partner at that age unless you are part of that crowd, and now you want them to just get over exposing themselves in a more or less public setting with someone who is anatomically of the other gender.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Maybe it's just me...but when I'm changing in the locker room, you know what I do? I change my clothes. I don't look at other people. I focus on getting my clothes on or off and out of the locker room. Maybe other people are looking at me, maybe not but I ignore the people around me and do what I need to do.

I also doubt you are a teenager anymore.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You were the one who made the argument that it's the law as if that made it perfectly OK and just.

Do I really need to point some of the more egregious examples from history of things that used to also be perfectly OK and legal at one time too? The only reason I am guessing you made that statement is because you clearly agree that 200 girls should just get over a naked anatomical male in their locker room.

edit on 1-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join