It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This County Clerk Business...Insanity!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's simple, Equality is clearly taking away Religious Rights... right?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
It's simple, Equality is clearly taking away Religious Rights... right?

*sigh*

Absolutely.

Because all Christians hate gays
All Muslims are terrorists
All Asians are bad drivers
All Hispanics are great gardeners
All blacks are great athletes
All Jews are greedy misers

There.

Have I missed any stereotypes?

Are we going to start bashing Christians again because one woman refuses to do her job?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

And the worst part for me is that you're a government employee, who should be shelving your personal beliefs at the door and respecting the law you agreed to abide by when you signed up for the job.

Or quit.

It seems so damn simple to me.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No one is saying ANY of that! Do you have more to add about the story? Or are you just here to chastise people for stuff they didn't say?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It really is that simple.

But apparently the process of getting rid of this person who's incapable of performing her duties (ALL of her duties) isn't so easy. The people elected her to do a job. That means she is to perform her duties for all of the people she's working for... not just some of the people, ALL of the people.

Perhaps it's time to change the system.

If someone is elected by a voting process, they should be able to be unelected by the same process without all the redtape kerfuffle.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

If someone is elected by a voting process, they should be able to be unelected by the same process without all the redtape kerfuffle.

Back in 'the old days' a govt official would be tarred and feathered if they were not performing up to par. In later times they would be run out of town.
Now we get news stories and lawsuits.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, someone should tell the clerk in KY that it was the State of KY that hired her, not God! She likely reports to someone a little lower in the hierarchy!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Who'd a thunk that if you voted for someone to do a job, they'd be so hard to get rid of if it turns out they're incapable of doing their job ?

Meanwhile, the people are having to continue to pay her wages while she's not doing her job.

It's complete insanity.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No, i didn't say any of that, i''m just saying what i've read and heard many People say

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No one said that.

*sigh*

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Part of the reason this has continued is because of legal advice from a Christian law firm...

Davis wasn't at her office Thursday(Today), but deputy clerk Nathan Davis said the office was advised by its attorneys with the Christian law firm Liberty Counsel to continue refusing same-sex couples as it appeals.

Clerk's office defies order...
This woman really thinks she's going to win this case. If she does, we're all screwed. Royally.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oh come on Christians love to think they are being persecuted what do you expectblol

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

No one is saying ANY of that! Do you have more to add about the story? Or are you just here to chastise people for stuff they didn't say?

You were the one who said;

These people will fight tooth and nail to force their religious right to public disapproval, discrimination and bigotry. Amen!

YOU made it about Christians.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The irony in all of this ?

The very people she's refusing to service, are the same people who are paying for her wages via their tax dollars.... AND they're being forced to continue to pay her wages until the courts can get rid of her.

She's putting food on her table with these people's money that she refuses to service.

When you take that into consideration, there's no doubt in my mind that the courts have every justifiable reason to mop the floor with this woman.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yeah but they are out of appeals.

SCOTUS denied them, there is no other avenue.

I hope the court sanctions that law firm for bad advice.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Why have you not been fired? Why have you not quit?! You obviously aren't going to win this fight. The law is against you, your God is NOT going to help you I'm sorry.

Either do your job or step down. Jail is the alternative and only a very select few are going to see you as some kind of religious liberty crusader.

No one can fire her. She would have to be impeached. But the Federal Judge who ordered her to issue the certificates has summoned her into court on Thursday for a contempt hearing, which can jead to jail.

lolz

It's a government job.

All she has to do is say that she the meaning of "is" is different.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Klassified

Yeah but they are out of appeals.

SCOTUS denied them, there is no other avenue.

I hope the court sanctions that law firm for bad advice.

~Tenth

I'd like to see the courts set a firm precedent in this case, and send a message to anyone else holding an elected position, that wants to go this route.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yep a disgusting human being. Not very christianlike behavior.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I really do believe that many if not most people who have issues with gay marriage and homosexuality have hang-ups about their sexuality that they repress and then over react to an issue as some sort of way to prove to themselves and perhaps their peers that they are completely straight.

The against her religion is a fool's argument, I am certain she has no problem issuing a marriage certificate to someone who has been divorced and remarried.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
YOU made it about Christians.

I didn't mention Christians. YOUR POST is the first to mention Christians.

So... Do you have more to add about the story? Or are you just here to chastise people for stuff they didn't say?
edit on 9/1/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join