It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This County Clerk Business...Insanity!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ok...lets do it this way since I've had a long day and wish to get to sleep early. Please provide me with the law she broke. I have to assume that if it is a law, it applies to everyone and I know I'm not required to issue licenses. What is the law she broke? And I don't mean the fact that the judge instructed here to do what she didn't want to, that was part of her job...or go to jail.

What law did she break...what statute and where.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

www.law.cornell.edu...

www.aclu-ky.org...

She has broken the law by not preforming her job as an elected official.

That is why she is in contempt of court.
edit on 5-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
And while I'm waiting, this is a quote "Individual U.S. States implement their own rules with regards to driver licenses and other state ID documents. In many places, an exception is made for religious headwear as long as the person's face is clearly visible. If there is a question about a particular state's rules, one should consult the DMV head office and seek the decision in writing." from here islam.about.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

OK...I'll accept that. I'm a bit questionable but not going to argue a point I don't know is 100% correct. But it doesn't change my opinion. As an elected official she can be removed from office or position. That is what SHOULD have been done, especially considering her situation with a change in the law and her religious beliefs. That, in my opinion would have been fair. Ultimately, she was still jailed for adhering to her religious beliefs and refusing to issue the license. Congrats!

PS: Ummm...rereading that it could be taken as a smart-ass congrats. It wasn't meant that way...congrats on finding those links.
edit on 9/5/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Her religious beliefs have no part in a government job.
She is free to follow her religious beliefs at home or church not on government time nor pay.
She has not jailed for her religious beliefs at all she refused doing her Job.
As others have said she can not be fired and her re election is months away.
She has had every opportunity to quit and not goto jail but refused.

Do you want religion to dictate what laws are around in the USA?.
You want a theocracy like Iran?.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Neither do theirs...

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
ATTENTION WHORE...that's what she is. Take away the cameras, the reporters. the politicians, and the attention....I would bet she would go home in a skinny minute......longer she holds out, better the book deal she gets. Re-call the bitch and be done with it.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

She is free to follow her religious beliefs at home or church not on government time nor pay.

I don't get why ^^^^^this^^^^^is so hard to understand.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
What about the California sheriff refusing CCW licenses even though the courts said it was unconstitutional to ban CCW licenses? Why is the orange county Sheriff not in jail? What about San Francisco refusing to follow federal immigration laws, after all, it's the law, and their denial led to the death of Kate Steinle...why aren't the leaders of San Francisco in jail?
Are you only angry when it fits your narrative?
Why are muslims allowed to oppose gay marriage, deny gay wedding cakes, refuse to ring up alcohol or bacon if store cashiers or even refuse people with alcohol or pets if they are muslim cab drivers...why is their religious freedoms ok, but Christianity not ok?
I think it has to do with a larger anti-Christian narrative....

Also the population of Rowan County is about 23,000 people...that's half the size of my small city I live in, and that's the population for the entire COUNTY, they also only have less than 8,000 households due to the college in the area accounting for part of the population size...that is a pretty small rural county in eastern Kentucky, how many gay marriage licenses are they issuing for a population of 23,000??? At this point they can get another clerk or go to another county?

edit on 9/6/2015 by AnonymousMoose because: derp

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Lol Kim Davis.

She had twins five months after her first divorce fathered by her third Husband and adopted by her second.

So she is an adulteress also.

And the biggest freaking hypocrite on the planet earth.

edit on 6-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Here is a chart explaining the hypocrisy of her.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose
What about the California sheriff refusing CCW licenses even though the courts said it was unconstitutional to ban CCW licenses?

What about San Francisco refusing to follow federal immigration laws, after all, it's the law, and their denial led to the death of Kate Steinle...why aren't the leaders of San Francisco in jail?

Why are muslims allowed to oppose gay marriage, deny gay wedding cakes, refuse to ring up alcohol or bacon if store cashiers or even refuse people with alcohol or pets if they are muslim cab drivers...

I'll just say don't expect an answer unless you can show cases where:

1. The OC Sheriff was not punished (or in court) for refusing to issue licenses.
2. The city of San Francisco is breaking federal immigration laws.
3. Muslims who refuse gakes live in a state where they are breaking state laws.
4. Muslims who refuse dogs and alcohol are legally permitted to do so.

Give a link for each these and I'll do my best to answer.

It's not against the law to oppose gay marriage.
It's not against the law for a clerk to have someone else ring up bacon. In fact, it would have been fine if Kim Davis had let someone else in her ofice issue licenses, but she prohibited her entire office from doing so.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The thing is, is her "Religious Freedom" was never compromised or taken away, she had/has Freedom to believe whatever she wants. she is refusing to perform her Job so why should she be praised or treated like a Martyr?
edit on 6-9-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You can disagree all you want, but this is how it works. There are problems and symptoms. The symptom here is she can''t issue the license BECAUSE OF her beliefs. She is in jail because she didn't issue the licenses, but she didn't issue the licenses because of her religious beliefs. Therefore...if you take it back to the "problem"...she is in jail because of her religious beliefs. Of that...nothing will change my mind.

But I'm done. I've made my point for those who wish to listen. Apparently, we are simply of two different minds. That is what makes the world...different opinions.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

She is in Jail because she was breaking the Law, she still has her Beliefs, and she had them when she was denying the couples, she also had them when she was getting divorced and remarried and committing adultery..so, she has always had them and will always have them, but religious Belief does not take precedence over the Law

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: boymonkey74

OK...I'll accept that. I'm a bit questionable but not going to argue a point I don't know is 100% correct. But it doesn't change my opinion. As an elected official she can be removed from office or position.

No, the judge has no authority to remove her. The County Clerk in Kentucky is a Constitutional officer and can only be removed by impeachment by the legislature, which is not in session and only meets for 60 days every 2 years.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The symptom here is she can''t issue the license BECAUSE OF her beliefs.

That's fine. The REASON she can't do her job is really irrelevant. She can't do the job and we all accept that.

...she is in jail because of her religious beliefs.

Here's PROOF that isn't true. If she had NO religious beliefs, and refused to do her job for some other reason, she would STILL be in contempt of court and STILL be in jail.

That is what makes the world...different opinions.

You're entitled to your opinions, but not to your "facts".

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You can disagree all you want, but this is how it works. There are problems and symptoms. The symptom here is she can''t issue the license BECAUSE OF her beliefs. She is in jail because she didn't issue the licenses, but she didn't issue the licenses because of her religious beliefs. Therefore...if you take it back to the "problem"...she is in jail because of her religious beliefs. Of that...nothing will change my mind.

But I'm done. I've made my point for those who wish to listen. Apparently, we are simply of two different minds. That is what makes the world...different opinions.

you're missing a humongous point here and it has to do with your wording

you said

The symptom here is she can''t issue the license BECAUSE OF her beliefs.

A more proper version would be

The symptom here is she won't issue the license BECAUSE OF her beliefs.

Their is nothing physically stopping her. And regardless of that fact that she WON'T issues licenses...she is in jail because of not following an order by the city/county authority. So she is in jail because she didn't follow an order....it was indeed based on her beliefs but she CHOSE not to...their wasn't some magical part of her belief that was forcing her not to.

More troubling is her telling other clerks not to issue.

We have to face facts. She was jailed because she broke the law and ignored an order

<< 4  5  6   >>

join