It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This County Clerk Business...Insanity!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Is "constant and continuing" something foreign to you?

What I am trying to say is that it STILL happens

Is "not looking for tit-for-tat" also foreign for you?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
a reply to: beezzer

Is "constant and continuing" something foreign to you?

What I am trying to say is that it STILL happens

Is "not looking for tit-for-tat" also foreign for you?

Yeah, it's happening to blacks, to asians, to gays, to fat people, to short people, to the ugly, to blondes, to red heads. . . .

It's happening everywhere to everyone at one time or another.

People will dislike others for any variety of reasons, be they religious, societal. . . blah, blah, blah.

There is an ancient Summarian saying etched in stone with the bone of a long-extinct member of the Veliciraptor family.

It goes, (rough translation, apologies)

"Haters gonna hate".

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I say we stop taking the bait. There's a concerted effort here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steven R. Shapiro, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union:
"The law is clear and the courts have spoken. The duty of public officials is to enforce the law, not place themselves above it.”
Source

I knew this would turn into a fiasco before it was over. There are protesters on both sides. Her court date is Thursday. Should be interesting to watch this case set precedent.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Perhaps when being sworn in as a elected official or clerk for a government agency or public office they should include a clause that states if you are unable to or refuse to perform your duties siting a religious reason that your position will be terminated. That way all the problems will be avoided and no ignorance or (higher authority) will save your ass....FIRED!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
She's quite the tool. Unfortunatley she can't be fired, only impeached. I heard on the news that it was unlikely for that to happen. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

i agree, wholeheartedly. do you happen to work in the same place now for a long period of time? could i ask if you make more than minimum wage? do you have the freedom to homeschool your child at 10:30 am tomorrow....or at 10:30 pm for that matter if it is opportune.... or do you have to be somewhere?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i would also like to point out that if the government had not hijacked the institution of marriage like a criminal to begin with from christianity and/or other religions, we would not even have this problem. but i guess we will send in the thugs with the license to kill. mark my words, the revolution begins in kentucky, but this would just be the straw that broke the camels back, we apparently are a little different here in ky, and it is obvious by you few saying jail.... WE DON'T MAKE DECISIONS LIKE THIS WITHOUT BEING READY TO FIGHT! SHE WILL GO TO JAIL IF SHE IS A COWARD! talk the talk, now walk the walk, like kentuckians.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

Oh noes the Jesus army...yeah they look scary.
Christianity has no monopoly on marriage.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Such a waste of tax money to stroke someones ego. She is pretty pathetic.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steven R. Shapiro, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union:
"The law is clear and the courts have spoken. The duty of public officials is to enforce the law, not place themselves above it.”
Source

I knew this would turn into a fiasco before it was over. There are protesters on both sides. Her court date is Thursday. Should be interesting to watch this case set precedent.

If you are waiting for legal prcedent to be set, don't waste your time. The precedent is there already. The District Court ruled. The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled. The Supreme Court ruled. THAT is the precedent.The only thing that will happen Thursday is that the judge will select a punishment for this pig giving her porcine middle finger to the precedent.
And, have you seen this woman? It must really suck to be so anti-gay that absolutely no one will fix your hair.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah I figured that out way too late that the agendas all over ATS are inescapable

I hope she gets ceremoniously removed. She doesn't deserve the position at all. I mean honestly as a therapist I have to work with people's ideals that I disagree with....but you work through...you learn

Her situation is totally....weird

It's not like if I were a full on homophobe working in an LGBT center for therapy....I'd have a lot to work out about myself as I would be seeing my clients all the time

All she has to do is stamp and sign some stuff and bam...no more. How it personally affects her is beyond me. In my opinion, these people who say that allowing marriage equality harms their faith must have an insanely shaky foundation already that two guys getting married just upsets them so. I mean do they sit around all day and think about "omgosh somewhere somehow two guys are -gasp- having sex"

what a sad life. Reality is they probably adore being martyrs to the cause -shrug-

It always comes back to that one statement a poster made here on ATS (I think it was here)

Of all the sins...why is this one the worst? Where is the unbelievable outcry over priests messing with children? Where is the massive and public outcry over rampant murder, lying, etc....but yeah...no it's this....it's them gays

She needs to do her job and if she then wants to go home and pray for people or hell even go to a protest...more power to her

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

and what about the fact that marriage was not originally a church sanctioned institution?

Maybe the church should not have "hijacked the institution of marriage like a criminal to begin with"

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I love the Freedom of religion argument... somehow GLBTQ+ Equality takes away the right from someone to believe in something

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I love the Freedom of religion argument... somehow GLBTQ+ Equality takes away the right from someone to believe in something

Who is saying that?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

they looked "pretty scary" today when the came to my house 3 deep spouting what they were.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

At first I couldn't believe it, then I decided that out of all the county clerks, there would have to be one who would refuse to do their job.

What gets me again though is she isn't being a very good Christian because she is out to destroy others' lives instead of helping to make them better. The Christians I know aren't extreme enough to prevent gays from getting married if it is their job to hand out marriage licenses. That isn't religious freedom, that's discrimination.

Did you know she was told by the Supreme Court that she had to either quit her job or hand out marriage licenses, and she still refused to hand out marriage licenses the next day?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
And here is the best part that the media seems to ignore. The County Clerk is a Democrat!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Why have you not been fired? Why have you not quit?! You obviously aren't going to win this fight. The law is against you, your God is NOT going to help you I'm sorry.

Either do your job or step down. Jail is the alternative and only a very select few are going to see you as some kind of religious liberty crusader.

lolz

It's a government job.

All she has to do is say that she the meaning of "is" is different.

just to source your reference, clinton coping innocence by arguing the meaning of the word "is"

edit on 9/2/15 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBRiddle
And here is the best part that the media seems to ignore. The County Clerk is a Democrat!

She's a democrat in label only at this point. She "converted" to hardcore fundamentalist Christianity...

The Apostolic Church, where Davis is a member, believes in “high moral boundaries,” according to University of Pennsylvania religious historian Anthea Butler. “No drinking or smoking, modest dress; many have prohibitions on cutting their hair.”
“They are literal interpreters of the Bible,” and view it as the highest authority, Butler told the University of California Web site Religion Dispatches.

Davis, who dresses in long skirts and wears her waist-length hair down behind her back, is deeply involved in the church, according to legal documents. She attends weekly services and leads a Bible study for women at a local jail.

Article

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy
If you are waiting for legal prcedent to be set, don't waste your time. The precedent is there already.

There is no precedent set for someone who defies the Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality. There's another clerk in KY who is also refusing to issue licenses. If Kim Davis ends up fined or in jail (which as the only options she has if she doesn't resign) it will set precedent for this particular nuance of the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join