It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Offer, Limited Time Only: Get You Abortion Forgiveness NOW!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

*shakes head and sighs*

I initially thought that the Pope was giving a pass to women that have had abortions.

I was mistaken.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yeah, I've seen a number of people, throughout the interwebs, who also thought the Pope was allowing abortion. He's not. He hasn't even cleared the way for birth control!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I live in the UK and we have had the option of abortion for as long as I can remember. It's not a big deal here. If a woman feels that she can't provide a decent upbringing for a child or has been raped, she gets a choice before the phuetus grows into a sentient being.

I see nothing wrong with this. People are murdered every day and nobody bats an eyelid. Again, religious fundamentalism forces it's wicked way upon the innocent, confused minds of young women.

Those of you who oppose abortion are just as bad as the ISIS sickos who keep Jazidi girls as sex slaves.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
They sin just like you and me, and put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!! let me get this straight...you are saying ....you can put your pants on "ONE" leg at a time!!!!!! oh LORDY !!!!!!!I've just been saved.thankyouthankyou tytyty!!......I'm going to try it right now..as soon as I put my underwear on....(btw ...can I put them on one leg at a time also!!!Hellfire....this religion stuff is not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Pope Frank may be a Pope but he doesn’t always act like one.He seems to know the difference between the modern definition of forgiveness(pardoned of guilt) and the Greek word”aphesis” written in the new testimony translated forgiveness and which means freed from bondage.

If he wants to grant absolution and extend the hand of freedom to free a woman from the guilt of bondage I see no good reason to deny him.I doesn’t matter one bit that he (or anyone else) doesn’t have the power to “pardon “ them from guilt.If a woman is freed from the bondage of her belief that a God has condemned them for their condtion it doesn’t matter how it’s done.

Yahoshua did essentially the same thing to the man that was paralytic.The Jews thought he meant he “pardoned the guilt” of the paralytics sin that caused his paralysis when Yahoshua was saying he was freed from the bondage OF the paralysis.Some people only see and hear what they want to see and hear.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
You know, before I was born, my mother was pregnant two other times. The first she gave up for adoption. The second she had terminated/aborted.

It was the hardest thing she's ever done, and she lives wracked with guilt about it to this very day, 34 years later. The shame and remorse she has for doing it is still palpable when she talks about it. But she did it because she felt she had no alternative at the time. I wish she didn't feel so guilty about it, as the circumstances as described to me are, while tragic and sad, understandable. But she does.

This is why I say this choice is no one else's business but the woman's. It's not like everyone does this flippantly or takes this decision lightly. It can be emotionally devastating and something that haunts them forever and a day. She doesn't need forgiveness from the church. Or their judgment. She needs forgiveness from one person: herself. She already has more than enough guilt without it being inflicted upon her by those who have never been in her shoes and don't understand the pain the choice she made has caused her, or the desperation she felt at the time.

I think knowing and talking to someone who has had an abortion can really help people understand and empathize with their plight more than just judging them from afar in the abstract. I respect everyone's faiths and views, but while I find abortions sad and wish there was always another way (I supposes technically there always is, but that doesn't mean it's feasible in practical reality always,) I will still always defend the woman's right to choose personally.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't know the details of all religions or any specific one: but the Pope is the head of the Catholic church, right?

The Catholic Church has absolution...which allows the penitent to confess their sins and be forgiven in the eyes of God after being assigned a penance. That's always included murder in the past, and if you believe abortion is murder shouldn't it fall in that as well?

If the Pope is accepted to be the head of the Church and, essentially, the voice of God on Earth by the Catholic people...how exactly is this him deciding for God? Shouldn't their belief in his role dictate that it is God's will?

Note I'm implying for Catholic people only.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Matthew 26:28

"For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

There was no " except those sins the pope thinks I won't forgive" clause.

The church is required by Jesus to not only hear confession of sins, but the forgiveness comes from their god, not from the men. Jesus also said that ALL sins would be forgiven if you ask through acceptance of him. The believer’s sin was forgiven at the cross...that was kinda the point of the whole crucifixion thing ....

His rules, not mine.

Matthew 6:14-15

"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Reading above, Looks like the clergy may have to answer to god for not forgiving sins when commanded by Jesus to do just that.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

The first she gave up for adoption. The second she had terminated/aborted.

Giving a child, that grew and kicked in her belly, that she gave birth to and heard it's cries, that made her breasts swell with milk, up for adoption must be the hardest thing to do, in my mind. so painful, in fact, I'm sure that's why she decided to abort the 2nd time.

I'm sorry for her pain.......

edit on 2-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
LOL! I read this earlier and thought to myself how nice it would be to be able to just make up rules when I wanted....wish I was Pope cause that would be Dope!

I would think that one of the implied tenets of judgment would be that it is serious, and not a whimsical pursuit.

It would not have crossed my mind that it would be 'nice' to have rules set at personal whim.
In fact, I can think of few things which would be worse, especially on a personal level.

# 504

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

The only thing the bible allows man to say about forgiveness is this, if you repent you are forgiven, if you fail to repent God will be your judge.

Actually, Christ taught in The Gospels that you get forgiveness by giving it:

Matthew 6:14-15 King James Version (KJV)

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Luke 6:37-38 King James Version (KJV)

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

"You will know them by their fruits":

Luke 6:44 King James Version (KJV)

44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

Jesus' Teachings are that what you Give, is what you get.

If you want forgiveness, then you have to give it, "condemn not". You don't get figs from thorns.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Greek word aphesis is translated forgiveness which means…. to free from bondage.The Greek word aphiēmi is translated forgive which means …to send away,to let go.

The modern religious definition of forgive/forgiveness has extrapolated from these to mean “pardoned of guilt” which is a ludicrous notion.It is impossible to be “pardoned of guilt” you are either guilty of committing an act or not and you cannot be “pardoned” from it.

The forgiveness of sin as a pardon is a human religious construct.Yahoshua never said anything about being pardoned from guilt by pardoning others of their guilt because it is an unreasonable,implausible and manipulative act of injustice.He clearly stated how everyone is 100% accountable(consequences) for everything they do.

The pardoning of guilt as forgiveness is nothing more than wishful thinking/religious belief and shifting and denial of accountability.Yahoshua is speaking of forgiveness/forgive as letting go and being freed of bondage not of pardoning of guilt.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

That wasn't why, but I don't feel it would be appropriate for me to say what it was. Suffice to say she was in a very desperate situation at the time.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2015 by Pinocchio because: they won't let me make my post! they cut it down to size! so I deleted the bit they showed.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

"Whatever you bind on earth, will be bound in heaven, whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" (Mathew 18:18)

Jesus gave the power to his apostles to forgive sin. Catholic priests are the successors to the apostles. Jesus doesn't lie, it's that simple.

I'm Catholic...and praise The Lord daily for my faith. God is good.

Jesus' church on earth, is The Catholic Church. Confession (Reconciliation) is an amazing sacrament. It requires humility and a contrite heart. No humility/contrition, no forgiveness. Thank you Jesus.

Come home. Come home to The Church instituted by Jesus Christ... The Catholic Church.

Edit to ad, it's not the priest who forgives, it is Jesus Christ who forgives through the priest. The priest acts "in persona Christi". It's biblical after all. Everything Catholics do is biblical, or is Tradition, handed down directly from the apostles, who knew Jesus in person.

AMDG
edit on 2-9-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

"Whatever you bind on earth, will be bound in heaven, whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" (Mathew 18:18)

Jesus gave the power to his apostles to forgive sin. Catholic priests are the successors to the apostles.

The Bible, and its words from Jesus, belong to the whole world, not just Catholic priests and their personal interpretation. That's the beauty of cultural treasurers.

edit on 3-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

...they won't let me make my post! they cut it down to size! so I deleted the bit they showed.

I hate it when that happens.....and I understand the frustration of writing a long, well thought response, only to lose it, one way or the other! But, I would feel gypped if I was, all of us were... deprived of your wise input in my thread. Perhaps you could use 2 posts, continued, to get past the censors?????

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

And you can thank The Catholic Church for even being aware of those words spoken by Jesus.

The Catholic Church compiled the bible. It remained the same until roughly 1611, when the heretics removed some of the books, that didn't agree with their heresy. The King James Bible is not complete. Books are missing. Did they not read that this is forbidden in scripture ? We're not to ad or subtract from scripture, but this didnt seam to bother the deformers, I mean reformers, I mean...the heretics.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Almost every word spoken by Jesus in the New Testament can be found elsewhere, and was spoken by someone else first. Even the Beatitudes are rooted in Old Testament concepts.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Saint Augustine of Hippo (354-430 AD):

"The New Testament lies hidden in the Old Testament and The Old Testament is revealed in The New Testament".

Brilliant saying from a brilliant saint. And of course, proof positive that Christianity is the real deal. It was foretold. Predicted. No other religion can make this claim, NONE of them.

But the actual words of Jesus? Nope. These were recorded by his apostles. But not all these gospels were deemed inspired by God though. The Catholic Church, through their councils, decided what writings were inspired and which ones were not. The Bible in use to this day was compiled by the infallible Catholic Church.

What the Catholic Church bound on earth, was certainly then approved of in heaven. Jesus said this is how it would be, and this is how it is. Period.

These are facts, the history of our great faith tradition.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Ignatian because: Left out a word

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join