It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Offer, Limited Time Only: Get You Abortion Forgiveness NOW!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Oh never in this lifetime and not from earthlings but God is supposedly all forgiving and all loving and so we'll see. I wonder if the Pope is going to absolve all soldiers from the sin of killing. Thou shalt not kill and there they are killing for freedom or oil or whatever it is they are killing for at the moment. Is the Pope going to forgive them or do they already have forgiveness for a little while? I am not sure how it works. I think the guy represents God and is supposed to be Holy himself the Holy-see or something. Lots of people think they see better. Funny as (the) hell (we will all most certainly burn in.)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
LOL! I read this earlier and thought to myself how nice it would be to be able to just make up rules when I wanted....wish I was Pope cause that would be Dope!

Did you think that? lol Funny. Was wondering if you thought the divorce thing should ever have been changed? That was a big one, and then we have women who cannot possibly be virgins getting married. Under the law, those marriages aren't even recognized. I personally thought the earth was going to explode when we began operating a public lottery in spite of the fact Jesus went into the temple and tossed over all those tables and wasn't there a lottery over his robes or something? I can't remember but I know it was bad. And forgiveness is at the heart of Christs Church but it doesn't work when you are trying to get stubborn people to do things your way. Forgiveness doesn't exactly help you there and so it is better to ignore Christ and do it your own way. No forgiveness, tolerance or love necessary and sometimes people actually will knuckle under and obey your personal decree.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Saint Augustine of Hippo (354-430 AD):

"The New Testament lies hidden in the Old Testament and The Old Testament is revealed in The New Testament".

The New Testament is contrived and engineered from the Old Testament.

But the actual words of Jesus? Nope. These were recorded by his apostles.

That's highly doubtful.

The teachings of Jesus were neither new nor unique. Everything that Jesus supposed taught was taught before by others.

edit on 3-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Lets assume this Jesus fella never even existed. So what?

What about this philosophy of living... what of these teachings do you find objectionable, if any?

How is the best way to live? Is there a best way? We know there's bad ways, we knows there are good ways to live a life. But is there a best way? If there was a best way, wouldn't it be kinda nice to have a clue as to what that is?

Our modernist, materialist, individualistic, hedonistic, minimalistic society which exists on relativism, will tell you there IS no best way to live a life...."it's up to me!" Common sense and reason would dictate this style of living is not working out to well.

So, what's your problem with Jesus exactly?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So, what's your problem with Jesus exactly?

This thread isn't about Jesus, it's about the Pope offering a special dispensation of forgiveness, for a limited time, to a specific group of people.

Lets assume this Jesus fella never even existed. So what?

Then Catholic Church and the Christian religion are based on lies.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Loveaduck

The Catholic Church does not tell you what to do, nor does it tell you what NOT to do. In reality, there are no rules. It's a brilliant system, a system based on the reality that we all have a free will to choose how to live our lives.

What the Catholic Church DOES do is point towards a path, a well worn trail. A path upon which one should live their lives. And as I hope we all know, it's a path that was forged by Jesus Christ. God on earth in the flesh. Jesus teaches the best way to live your life...it's that simple. And to that end, for our help, he started his Church, knowing he'd be taking off for heaven. That Church is The Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church points towards a path. It's our choice to follow that path...or not. It's a choice. It's that easy, but it's certainly not easy.

FYI, when one belittles, attacks and mocks The Catholic Church, they are belittling, attacking and mocking The Body of Jesus Christ. It probably started happening the very next day, after that wedding feast at Cana.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

"It's about The Pope offering a special dispensation of forgiveness......"

It's a "Jubilee Year". This is what happens during a Jubilee. This is a Tradition (capital T)...that predates The New Testament. Google it. Fascinating stuff.

".....Christian religion are based on lies..."

I was making a false assumption to highlight a much deeper question. A question that mankind has asked for time immemorial. "How is the best way to live our life?". Sometimes it's good to think on a deeper level. Everyone should pause once in awhile and think on a much deeper level. It's good for us.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

"This thread isn't about Jesus"

EVERYthing is about Jesus brother/sister...wether you know it or not. You'll know some day though, so I been told.

Cast your net out on the other side...into the deep.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

"How is the best way to live our life?". Sometimes it's good to think on a deeper level. Everyone should pause once in awhile and think on a much deeper level. It's good for us.

The "best way to live" is according to one's personal moral compass, not by rules dictated by elite men who know nothing of mundane life.

A woman has the right to employ birth control, something that the church forbids. A woman has the right to NOT be pregnant, something the Church denounces.

Something like 98% of all Catholic woman of childbearing age have used Church banned birth control. 28% of all abortions performed in the USA have been on professed Catholics.

The Church's policies on women's health and reproductive rights are outdated and are not relevant to the needs of Catholic women today. That's why the Pope has to do something to make Catholicism relevant again, and get back all those women that have been excommunicated for using an IUD, the Pill, taking the Morning after Pill and aborting.

This edict has NOTHING to do with Jesus or the Bible, as the Bible and the biblical God were A-okay with abortion.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I was under the impression that if you converted to Christianity (or were already Christian) you simply had to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and repent for your sins to get into heaven -- even if its seconds before your death.

Does anyone else not see the huge gaping loophole that exists here? I didn't see any fine print or conditions tacked on to the eternal salvation message in Sunday school. Accept Jesus, repent, go to heaven.

So theoretically one could live their entire life being a greedy, selfish, violent person -- but carry with them a ton of guilt and remorse. This person could ask for forgiveness seconds before death and still get those afterlife perks?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join