It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to Begin Airstrikes Against ISIS in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
How anyone can come to the conclusion that removing Assad will solve the problem obviously has mental health problems.

It didn't work in Iraq and it didn't work in Libya.

You have to remember that these rebels(terrorists) were a small minority of Syrian people, most were happy with Assad.

We should have been supporting Assad and his army from the beginning, if we had this would likely have been over a long time ago.

Everybody who isn't half stupid can see there is an agenda for the west.

I for one hope Russia moves a large military presence in syria.

How would you describe or define the West's agenda? I thought one of the objectives of the agenda was to eventually have the Usa go to war against Russia/China to begin The Last World War..
edit on 1-9-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: tony9802
a reply to: crazyewok

What do you fellows think? Would we prefer the thread title in all capitals or is lower case lettering a better choice? I think I like lower case lettering a bit more..it makes for easier reading for some reason..

What are you blabbering on about?

Can't face my logic so attack the writing style instead?

I am referring to the thread title: I can either choose for it to be written in Capital letters, which is catchy so as to summon the attention of ATS members, or I can keep the title of the thread in lower case letters, which is easier to read, at least on my computer.

No reference to your personal writing style mister! None whatsoevers.. why don'tcha get yourself a job..

Sorry my apologies.

Im feeling pretty grotty so read what you said wrong.

My mistakes

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
How anyone can come to the conclusion that removing Assad will solve the problem obviously has mental health problems.

It didn't work in Iraq and it didn't work in Libya.

You have to remember that these rebels(terrorists) were a small minority of Syrian people, most were happy with Assad.

We should have been supporting Assad and his army from the beginning, if we had this would likely have been over a long time ago.

Everybody who isn't half stupid can see there is an agenda for the west.

I for one hope Russia moves a large military presence in syria.

Back of the net my friend
You talk total sense. Our government along with the French, Yanks, Saudis, etc, well we as you say have been backing the wrong side. Stupid, stupid, stupid foreign policy that destroyed Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya. Assad the protector of the Christians and minorities and we back the Islamics, stupid dumb governments.

Let's hope the Ruskies take the gloves of and go for winning this one, something our joke policy of "Hearts and Minds" military policy absolutely failed in every respect to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Islamic State (IS) militants have blown up ruins of one of the most venerated temples in the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra, according to the British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. It was not immediately clear how much of the 2,000 year old Temple of Bel remained after the August 31 demolition. www.rferl.org...

These types of events are also of great significance:the demolition occurred just yesterday..I hope Russia takes them out..

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Absolutely
These mouments point to the very soul of a people who know that their history is so much more than Islam, a history that encompasses all the Abrahamic religions and the Romans and Greeks and everyone. Keep it secular in Syria Russia, do what our governments are afraid to do, protect the people from the terrorosts.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just to be fair, Russia's denying this report. I've only found one short article on this on Russia's news sites so far. I didn't see anything about it on "The Moscow Times" yet.

No Russian jets were deployed to Syria in order to launch attacks against Islamic State militants (IS, formerly ISIS, ISIL) and Syrian rebels, a military source told RT, dismissing reports in Israeli media.

"There has been no redeployment of Russian combat aircraft to the Syrian Arab Republic,” the source told RT on Tuesday. “The Russian Air Force is at its permanent bases and carrying out normal troop training and combat duty.”

On Monday, the Israeli news site Ynet News cited Western diplomats as saying that a Russian “expeditionary force” has arrived in Syria to set up camp at a government airbase near Damascus in order to lead an offensive against IS militants and rebel-aligned targets.

The report added that “thousands of Russian military personnel are set to touch down in Syria, including advisers, instructors, logistics personnel, technical personnel, members of the aerial protection division, and pilots who will operate the aircraft.”

'No Russian jets sent to Syria' - military source on 'expeditionary force' report

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter Shocked!!!

Never seen this coming. I still don't trust Russia's intentions. I don't think U.S. should just sit back on the side lines .

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: historykel

The USA and Russia should get together and sort that whole region out together. It'd be the greatest military alliance the world has ever seen. Erase all the ethno/religious states replace them with secular strong states, then get to the core of the problem out there................. A total de nazification style affair where the population is re educated just like the Germans were post 1945. Kill off the radicals and close down the mad madrassas who educate the terrorists minds, it worked with thye Nazis and it can work again if the super powers get together and do what everybody knows needs to be done

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Great news if true! About time someone did something against these scum!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

RT or Russia Today, is supposed to be somewhat similar to USA Today, isn't it? Who or what is the source in the RT article concerning Moscow's statement? Is it a legitimate source? What I have managed to additionally find, is another Israeli newspaper called Yediot Aharanot, where:

BBC Monitoring translates from the Hebrew of Alex Fishman’s report in the daily Yediot Aharanot:

“Russian combat pilots will arrive in Syria in the next few days and operate battle helicopters and warplanes of the Russian air force against ISIS targets and the extreme Islamist militias operating to topple Asad’s regime… Indeed, the Russians have no hostile intentions towards Israel or any other sovereign state in the region and their central objective is fighting ISIS and preserving Asad’s regime, but the mere presence of a Russian aerial force in the skies of the region will certainly also influence the considerations in relation to the way Israel airforce is used… Thus an Iranian-Russian coalition is being formed alongside the coalition of the United States and its allies against ISIS. On the way, Iran has become a central axis – in the eyes of the powers – to solving all the ills of the Middle East.” [From commentary by Alex Fishman in centrist, mass circulation Yediot Aharonot]

LINK: www.juancole.com...

Either way it seems as though the newstory is circulating and moving in standard press..

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

What A Russian Force Might Mean For The World

www.activistpost.com...
"While a Russian military presence in the Syrian capital will undoubtedly provide an important boost to the Syrian military’s battle against ISIS and other Western-backed terrorists, it will also provide the world with the potential for direct military confrontation between the two major world powers, both of them armed with nuclear weapons.

If YNet is correct in its report and Russian pilots will be flying Russian planes in combat missions against ISIS in Syria, there is the very real potential that rogue nations like the United States and its “coalition” aircraft may find themselves in direct confrontation with Russian air forces."

From activistpost.com:
www.activistpost.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

"While military direct intervention by US, Turkish, and Gulf forces over Syrian soil escalates with every passing day, even as Islamic State forces capture increasingly more sovereign territory, in the central part of the country, the Nusra Front dominant in the northwestern region province of Idlib and the official "rebel" forces in close proximity to Damascus, the biggest question on everyone's lips has been one: would Putin abandon his protege, Syria's president Assad, to western "liberators" in the process ceding control over Syrian territory which for years had been a Russian national interest as it prevented the passage of regional pipelines from Qatar and Saudi Arabia into Europe, in the process eliminating Gazprom's - and Russia's - influence over the continent.

As recently as a month ago, the surprising answer appeared to be an unexpected "yes", as we described in detail in "The End Draws Near For Syria's Assad As Putin's Patience "Wears Thin." Which would make no sense: why would Putin abdicate a carefully cultivated relationship, one which served both sides (Russia exported weapons, provides military support, and in exchange got a right of first and only refusal on any traversing pipelines through Syria) for years, just to take a gamble on an unknown future when the only aggressor was a jihadist spinoff which had been created as byproduct of US intervention in the region with the specific intention of achieving precisely this outcome: overthrowing Assad (see "Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US "Created" ISIS As A "Tool" To Overthrow Syria's President Assad").

As it turns out, it may all have been just a ruse. Because as Ynet reports, not only has Putin not turned his back on Assad, or Syria, but the Russian reinforcements are well on their way. Reinforcements for what? Why to fight the evil Islamic jihadists from ISIS of course, the same artificially created group of bogeyman that the US, Turkey, and Saudis are all all fighting. In fact, this may be the first world war in which everyone is "fighting" an opponent that everyone knows is a proxy for something else.

According to Ynet, Russian fighter pilots are expected to begin arriving in Syria in the coming days, and will fly their Russian air force fighter jets and attack helicopters against ISIS and rebel-aligned targets within the failing state."

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
sigh...and not still an natural-gas pipeline from quatar to Turkey...thats where the syrian war is all about....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I for one hope the Russians clear out ISIS and the rebels completely. Hell they are one in the same.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

August 2015 - Is Russia preparing to send troops to Syria?

There was confusion coming out of the Kremlin on Tuesday regarding Russia sending paratroopers to help the Assad regime in Syria, a longtime client state of Moscow. Russian news agency TASS initially reported that the commander of Russian airborne forces, Colonel-General Vladimir Shamanov, when asked by a Syrian reporter about Russia sending troops to help the Assad regime battle Islamic extremists, said, “Of course we will execute the decisions set forth by the country’s leadership, if there is a task at hand.” He noted the close connection between the Russian and Syrian military, “Many Syrian experts, including military, received education in the Soviet Union and in Russia.” This comment ignited a firestorm in the media that Russia was prepared to insert ground troops into the Syrian civil war.

A later report by TASS tried to walk back this statement by highlighting the comments of Dmitri Peskov, Mr. Putin’s press secretary, when asked about the commander’s statements, “No, this issue [sending of Russian troops to Syria] has never been discussed in any way. This issue is out of the agenda.” Mr. Peskov was also asked if Syria had requested troops, to which he responded, “No, this issue has never been raised.” Mr. Peskov has been under fire in the Russian opposition media over the last several days over his lavish wedding that was held in Sochi.

Another one of those "whats Putin hiding now" issues...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I see this as a chance for the US to have one of its oops moments and show some kind of incompetence that starts something really bad.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Russia won't go in unless they land or resource grab. The gas reserves in
Kurdistan are a threat to Russian stranglehold of gas over Europe.
It serves them to have the area unstable and out of the Kurds hands.

Russians won't send in troops unless they get to keep something, they aren't stupid like someone else was....

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

“Of course we will execute the decisions set forth by the country’s leadership, if there is a task at hand

dunno, that seems pretty clear to me

Of course we will execute the decisions set forth by the country’s leadership

We will do what we're told by our leaders

if there is a task at hand

if we are told to act

Just more Russia bashing maybe?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Russia to Begin Airstrikes Against ISIS in Syria - Im glad they are, somebody has to stick up for the Syrian government and people.

Even the Australian government is going to join in bombing Syria, I mean ISIS, back to the stone age so the US can build a pipeline across the Arbian sea through Syria and on into Europe so they try to kill off Russian oil sales and at the same time force their european vassal states to buy Americian supplied oil and then force them to use US dollaer as their reserve currences. All just to prop up and save the US.

edit on 2-9-2015 by Azureblue because: z

(post by Nova937 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join