It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to Begin Airstrikes Against ISIS in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Russian jets in Syrian skies

Russia has begun its military intervention in Syria, deploying an aerial contingent to a permanent Syrian base, in order to launch attacks against ISIS and Islamist rebels; US stays silent.

RUSSIA TO BEGIN AIRSTRIKES AGAINST ISIS IN SYRIA

If you dislike Infowars, please do not approach this newsstory or this thread.

During a speech Sunday at the Citadel in South Carolina Republican presidential hopeful Scott Walker said ISIS would not be defeated in Syria until the government of Bashar al-Assad is brought down.

Walker said so long as Syrian President Bashar Assad “is still in power and Iran, his patron, has a base of operations in Damascus,” ISIS will not be defeated.

“But let me be clear: Defeating ISIS and rolling back Iran will require a greater investment of U.S. resources,” Walker said. “Therefore, we must do more to recruit and support fighters in Syria who oppose both ISIS and Assad.”

Earlier this month, the Obama administration authorized the use of airstrikes to counter ISIS in Syria, but Obama’s policy on Syria has prompted criticism by Republicans and Democrats alike, many whom want a more robust response to the terrorist group.

U.S. airstrikes, however, will soon face competition from Russia.

LINK: www.infowars.com...

Western diplomats say a Russian expeditionary force has arrived in Syria and will operate, according to the Israeli website YNet, as a Russian forward operating base.

“In the coming weeks thousands of Russian military personnel are set to touch down in Syria, including advisors, instructors, logistics personnel, technical personnel, members of the aerial protection division, and the pilots who will operate the aircraft,” writes Alex Fishman.

“The current makeup of the expeditionary force is still unknown, but there is no doubt that Russian pilots flying combat missions in Syrian skies will definitely change the existing dynamics in the Middle East.”

The presence of the Russian military in the skies over Syria will increase the possibility of encounters with the United States, especially if the US adopts a more aggressive stance against the Syrian government.

Earlier this month the United States began launching manned airstrikes against ISIS targets in Syria from the Incirlik Air Base in Turkey.
edit on 1-9-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Good shooting to them...... Good shooting

May there bombs fall accurate and hit true

Ps walker just talks out of his arse like most the candidates at the moment .
edit on 1-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

So, the United States wishes to remove Bashar Al Assad, and yet Russia is going to utilize Assad secured bases to proceed with their operations against ISIS, in an effort to "preserve Assad's rule;"? It looks as though this could be the beginning of something quite important..

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
those IS bastards have to be fought with fire.
not with sanctioning assad and his people.
not with paying billions to a third party.
not with "we are deeply concerned" - speeches.

godspeed!
smoke 'em out!
edit on 1-9-2015 by anticitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
godspeed!
smoke 'em out!

The only good Isis is a dead Isis

Anyone who drops bombs on those vermin get a thumbs up from me

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Walker is an idiot.

The enemy of your enemy, is your ENEMY, and can be taught how to die just as readily.

The other method has failed in every particular, every time it has been enacted. Arm them, and they will come for you next, no matter their affiliations.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What does this then mean for Israel and their conflict with Iran..

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Russia bombing ISIS to help Assad and US bombing ISIS to support moderate Syrian rebels.

Have any of you patriots figured out who the "good guys" and "bad guys" are yet?

FFS. Please wake up soon. The US, House of Saud and Israel are ISIS.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Walker is an idiot.

The enemy of your enemy, is your ENEMY, and can be taught how to die just as readily.

The other method has failed in every particular, every time it has been enacted. Arm them, and they will come for you next, no matter their affiliations.

Seems walker has such a war bonner for Iran, ISIS (the ones actually attacking us!) are just a secoundary concern to him.... If that.

Be intrested were his campaign money comes from? Big oil? Defence ? Saudis?

Either way his desire to start a war with iran who currently are abiding by the new treaty and no threat to the USA than go after ISIS who are trying to attack EVERYONE in the west and who we are in a defacto state of war with. Its mind blowing and treason!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

They sit back and smile....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

Who gives a #? Really?

Iran are playing good at the moment.

It's ISIS who are running around like barbarians and creating mass chaos and causing real attacks in the west!

They are the ones we are at war with not Iran!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: anticitizen
godspeed!
smoke 'em out!

The only good Isis is a dead Isis

Anyone who drops bombs on those vermin get a thumbs up from me

the thing that worries me is how the US will deal with this new situation.
based on their tactics of destabilizing and provoking i guess the next step will be to arm anti russian rebels.

maybe even some chemical explosions in russia?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

They sit back and smile....

So you would put the national security of Israel over that of the USA and EU by ignoring ISIS and instead concentrate on Iran who for the moment are no threat to us?

Isis are the ones trying to kill us!
We need to eliminate THEM FIRST!

Iran can wait till Isis are dead and they renage on the treaty.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well what do you guys think.. would we prefer the thread title in all capitals or is lower case lettering perhaps a better choice? I think I like lower case lettering a bit more..for some reason it makes for easier reading somehow..

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My error

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Who gives a #? Really?

Iran are playing good at the moment.

It's ISIS who are running around like barbarians and creating mass chaos and causing real attacks in the west!

They are the ones we are at war with not Iran!

Yes I agree with you, I don't think we should be doing anything to Iran, the problem is that Israel eventually will attempt to stir up the conflict with that nation, and my idea is that having Russians in Syria could create discord for Israel..I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm seeing it as an eventual issue..

I like lower case better.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Hey! No arguments from me on that score. Agree fully.

All I'm saying is Israel can just sit back and well.....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

What do you fellows think? Would we prefer the thread title in all capitals or is lower case lettering a better choice? I think I like lower case lettering a bit more..it makes for easier reading for some reason..

What are you blabbering on about?

Can't face my logic so attack the writing style instead?

I am referring to the thread title: I can either choose for it to be written in Capital letters, which is catchy so as to summon the attention of ATS members, or I can keep the title of the thread in lower case letters, which is easier to read, at least on my computer.

No reference to your personal writing style mister! None whatsoevers.. why don'tcha get yourself a job..

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Can't wait to see the videos on LL.

2tickets2paradise?

So Money, Eddie Money.

Got a surprise especially for you
Something that both of us have always wanted to do
We've waited so long, waited so long
We've waited so long, waited so long

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
How anyone can come to the conclusion that removing Assad will solve the problem obviously has mental health problems.

It didn't work in Iraq and it didn't work in Libya.

You have to remember that these rebels(terrorists) were a small minority of Syrian people, most were happy with Assad.

We should have been supporting Assad and his army from the beginning, if we had this would likely have been over a long time ago.

Everybody who isn't half stupid can see there is an agenda for the west.

I for one hope Russia moves a large military presence in syria.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join