It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just humor me for a minute, i would like respectful input

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
so yeah um...

How many active/dormant volcanoes are known to exist?

How long have they gone since their last full scale eruption?

Like im not worried about Mt. Saint Helens, or even Vesuvius... like what about the other ones?

If you're curious to why i ask... call it a bad feeling... im not comfortable with saying anything beyond that

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
www.google.com

Could have saved you a good amount of energy.

Look at the ring of fire, it'd be beautiful to see those erupt simultaneously from the space station.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't think they'd be seeing anything but grey for a long while if they were to all erupt at once.

Would be quite a sight though...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
www.google.com

Could have saved you a good amount of energy.

Look at the ring of fire, it'd be beautiful to see those erupt simultaneously from the space station.

I kind of meant for it to be something to think about, not a strictly direct question

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Elysian

Link

There are probably millions of volcanoes that have been active during the whole lifespan of the earth. During the past 10,000 years, there are about 1500 volcanoes on land that are known to have have been active, while the even larger number of submarine volcanoes is unknown.

At present, there are about 600 volcanoes that have had known eruptions during recorded history, while about 50-70 volcanoes are active (erupting) each year.

At any given time, there is an average of about 20 volcanoes that are erupting.

Some food for your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Link

There are probably millions of volcanoes that have been active during the whole lifespan of the earth. During the past 10,000 years, there are about 1500 volcanoes on land that are known to have have been active, while the even larger number of submarine volcanoes is unknown.

At present, there are about 600 volcanoes that have had known eruptions during recorded history, while about 50-70 volcanoes are active (erupting) each year.

Fair Enough
But how many of those 20 at any given time are destroying cities?

Im talking about natural disaster level

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Link

Fair Enough

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
we've got one very old dorment volcano here in virginia, very very old, but well, there's lava rock so it was active at one time....

of course, these mountains are older than the continent so, well, it's more than likely as old as the dinosaurs, if not older.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elysian

Link

Fair Enough

I have never been too concerned about that because I live in the UK with only a few extinct volcanoes, and the last one to erupt was around 60 million years ago.
If I lived in a geologically active place then I would of course feel differently.
Is it a volcano zone in your 'own little world' location?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elysian

Link

Fair Enough

I have never been too concerned about that because I live in the UK with only a few extinct volcanoes, and the last one to erupt was around 60 million years ago.
If I lived in a geologically active place then I would of course feel differently.
Is it a volcano zone in your 'own little world' location?

No its not in my own little world
edit on 29-8-2015 by Elysian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A young woman woke up one morning and went into the kitchen to cook breakfast, she put some eggs to boil, she had nothing on but a long T-shirt.
Boyfriend came into the kitchen to see what girlfriend was doing. Girlfriend said I feel a little frisky right now, why don't we have sex.

So boyfriend slammed her on the kitchen counter, he gave his all to her, in a few minutes he was done. All of a sudden girlfriend leaped off of him and runs to the stove and shuts the burners off.

Boyfriend ask what was that all about? Girlfriend replied, Oh the three minute egg timer was broke!

I hope that humored you Elysian.
edit on 29-8-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
A young woman woke up one morning and went into the kitchen to cook breakfast, she put some eggs to boil, she had nothing on but a long T-shirt.
Boyfriend came into the kitchen to see what girlfriend was doing. Girlfriend said I feel a little frisky right now, why don't we have sex.

So boyfriend slammed her on the kitchen counter, he gave his all to her, in a few minutes he was done. All of a sudden girlfriend leaped off of him and runs to the stove and shuts the burners off.

Boyfriend ask what was that all about? Girlfriend replied, Oh the three minute egg timer was broke!

I hope that humored you Elysian.

oh come on XD
you're going to make me rethink wanting a boyfriend

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The one I worry about is Mt Rainier.

The most recent recorded volcanic eruption was between 1820 and 1854, but many eyewitnesses reported eruptive activity in 1858, 1870, 1879, 1882 and 1894 as well.

Although Mount Rainier is an active volcano, as of 2010 there was no evidence of an imminent eruption. However, an eruption could be devastating for all areas surrounding the volcano. Mount Rainier is currently listed as a Decade Volcano, or one of the 16 volcanoes with the greatest likelihood of causing great loss of life and property if eruptive activity resumes.

If Mt. Rainier were to erupt as powerfully as Mount St. Helens did in its May 18, 1980, eruption, the effect would be cumulatively greater, because of the far more massive amounts of glacial ice locked on the volcano compared to Mount St. Helens and the vastly more heavily populated areas surrounding Rainier.

Lahars from Rainier pose the most risk to life and property, as many communities lie atop older lahar deposits. According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), about 150,000 people live on top of old lahar deposits of Rainier Not only is there much ice atop the volcano, the volcano is also slowly being weakened by hydrothermal activity.

According to Geoff Clayton, a geologist with a Washington State Geology firm, RH2 Engineering, a repeat of the Osceola mudflow would destroy Enumclaw, Orting, Kent, Auburn, Puyallup, Sumner and all of Renton. Such a mudflow might also reach down the Duwamish estuary and destroy parts of downtown Seattle, and cause tsunamis in Puget Sound and Lake Washington. Rainier is also capable of producing pyroclastic flows and expelling lava

en.wikipedia.org...

After standing at the top of the space needle in Seattle and looking over at Mt Rainier,
it just worries me. The potential is there to wipe out a lot of people.

edit on 29-8-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

After standing at the top of the space needle in Seattle and looking over at Mt Rainier,
it just worries me. The potential is there to wipe out a lot of people.

I lived in Tacoma for a bit and the view from my apartment was a perfect line of sight to Mt. Ranier, overlooking Puget Sound. I don't know why, but I really got an awful feeling of dread any time I looked at it. I always felt that it is a ticking bomb, even though people laugh the idea off.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Yeah, that is the feeling I got.
I could almost see it happening.

Something to ponder as well.

If there is a mega thrust in the Cascadia,
it could trigger it to erupt.
edit on 30-8-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I kind of meant for it to be something to think about, not a strictly direct question

Think about what?

Is there a dream or prediction you want to share?

I mean you posted your thread in a forum specifically for dreams and predictions, so what gives?

Did you have a dream about volcano's erupting?

If you're curious to why i ask... call it a bad feeling... im not comfortable with saying anything beyond that

Well if you don't want discuss where or how you got or have this feeling you could have simply googled like Charlie suggested or posted just the questions in fragile earth forum where it would seem to fit discussion wise.

Posting it here makes one ask about your feelings on what you post, questions like I ask if this is dream you want share or a prediction of some sort when you really don't express which it is other than posting it in this forum.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

History Channel Mega Disaster Mount Rainier:

real time earthquake monitor of Mount Rainier:
pnsn.org...

I seem to be humoring myself with this...lol
edit on 30-8-2015 by Darkblade71 because: added monitor

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Well, that was goosebump-inducing, for sure. I'm glad someone else had that same feeling about it besides me, because I've been laughed at a lot for saying that.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nothing going on in this world that hasn't been going on, like forever....

You are just able to access information from all over the world instantaneously, which is a fairly new phenomenon.

Unplug.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a week or two ago, I think it was extinction protocol. com they did an article about the 5 year long flurry of dormant volcanos getting active again.... many not erupting but in the process of building up to a possible eruption with lava & all... the article was also concerned with something like 5 or 7 active volcanos on that Russian Kamchatka Peninsula all shooting out lava & ash at the same time

the scientific community dedicated to volcanism does not seem concerned... but I myself heed this activity as a prophecied 'early-birth-pangs' in scripture....
in myth, this period of upheaval is caused by our 'internal Sun' (confused with Planet X / Nibiru / Dwarf Star companion)
... which is far from a 3,600 year cycle...
as the inner Core overheats because of a constipation of the flow of Mantle in Its convection currents...
too many folds of Magma being built up over at least a 1/4 of the outer Core's surface area... the heat builds up to thin out all that folded up and cooler 'Mantle' becoming like thick putty instead of like hot flowing carmel

the ancients from Atlantis (aka the Annanuki) passed this knowledge down to men by Myth which somehow turned into an outerspace visitor like a planet or dwarf star returning every-so-often to Earth

do you now feel free'er to open up ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join