It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forensic Video Company Finds Planned Parenthood "Full-Length" Video and Transcripts Altered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Remember the "original, full-length" video that accompanied the first Planned Parenthood release? Seems it wasn't "full-length" after all. In fact, 30 minutes were missing from it. Not only that, the "transcript" that accompanied it is inaccurate, as are the other transcripts.

I don't expect this to change anyone's mind about the situation, but I thought it was important to at least have this information out there to FURTHER illustrate the underhanded attempts by CMP (Center for Medical Progress) to harass and undermine the important work done at Planned Parenthood.

Planned Parenthood: Even "Full Videos" Were Altered

According to a report compiled by a group Planned Parenthood hired, Fusion GPS, a forensic video expert found that the Center for Medical Progress’s “full footage videos contained numerous intentional post-production edits.” Based on the timestamps on the longer videos alone, roughly 30 minutes are missing from the videos recorded in Texas and Colorado. The research firm also found that the transcripts provided by the Center for Medical Progress are inaccurate as judged against a transcript made by an independent service. “All four transcripts by CMP contain substantive omissions, and the Texas transcript appears to be grossly edited,” the Fusion GPS report says.

Republicans Devastated By Planned Parenthood Scandal Collapse As Videos Found To Be Edited

The Planned Parenthood scandal has collapsed as expert analysis of the videos has revealed that they were edited, manipulated, and have no legal value.
This analysis did not reveal widespread evidence of substantive video manipulation, but we did identify cuts, skips, missing tape, and changes in camera angle. A forensic video expert, Grant Fredericks, reviewed segments of tape identified as suspicious during this preliminary review. This professional analysis revealed that the full footage videos contained numerous intentional post-production edits.

So, there's apparently a lot that was said that CMP didn't want the public to hear.

Update: Here's the Report Sent to Congress
edit on 8/27/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
But but but, PP is evil you didint know, you also didint know that last time they got investigated it all got covered up, by the evil liberals that abort so they can use there fetuses for evil things.

Cant wait for more excuses from the fake outraged ats crowd.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What?????

I just can't believe they would do such a thing!!!!

I'm glad you posted this BH. Your right, it may not change some minds, but at least the truth is out there.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm open minded enough to hear out the charge.

If the missing content is exculpatory, I'd be forced to concede intentional misrepresentation.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Anything that desecrates a right wing republican notion is good to me.

No matter my beliefs on abortion, and there are many...
This is gonna be fun to see the mental gymnastics of the likes of Jindal, Graham & their ilk.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
But progressive are always pushing *insert nefarious ideology*

Those progressives are just *insert ad hominem*

Them progressives are trying to force *insert belief* into the minds of *insert victim*

Now where is my thousand stars?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

That's cool. It will be interesting to see if more details about the missing information comes out. (I had to look up exculpatory evidence.) LOL

A report was sent to Congress about these new findings:

The report said experts found that there were at least 42 splices where content is cut and edited together to create the appearance of seamless conversations.

"In some cases, these splices completely change the meaning of statements," the report said. "Phrases on the video were isolated and removed, stringing together unrelated sentences to change the meaning."

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: greencmp

That's cool. It will be interesting to see if more details about the missing information comes out. (I had to look up exculpatory evidence.) LOL

I think it behooves them to produce it so, we will likely see it.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

This won't make a bit of difference to the Right Wing that only listens to AM Rush jockeys and Fox.

Their distorted world view is so far removed from reality that the truth has no impact on their ideology and dogma.

The right is so desperate for an agenda and talking points that if it doesn't exist...it can be fabricated.

The **** my old Baptist, Republican mother believes would be funny if it wasn't so sad. At least she says that Trump makes her want to puke.
edit on 27-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

if missing content is exculpatory, I'd be forced to concede intentional misrepresentation.

Agreed 100%.

I'm a fence sitter and have been for a while...

While I could understand that the videos looked edited, I gave the benefit of the doubt because most undercover journalism is...
I also thought/think that I heard what could easily be incriminating testimony, context is far more important in making a decision...

As it stands, I'd like to see what's missing.
I'm closer to the side that feels it's all BS that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

and a more transparent view of the report.

A report commissioned by Planned Parenthood has found that the sting videos targeting its tissue donation practices contain intentionally deceptive edits, missing footage and inaccurately transcribed conversations. But there is no evidence that the anti-abortion group behind the attack made up dialogue. ...
But the firm also wrote that it is impossible to characterize the extent to which the edits and cuts distort the meaning of the conversations depicted and that there was no “widespread evidence of substantive video manipulation.

and a bit about Fusion GPS

Just who, exactly, is behind Fusion GPS? Turns out it's an opposition research firm with ties to the Democratic party and has a history of harassing socially conservative Republican donors, possibly on behalf of the Obama campaign:
As Ms. Strassel has reported in recent columns, Idaho businessman Frank VanderSloot has become the target of a smear campaign since it was disclosed earlier this year that he had donated $1 million to a super PAC supporting Mr. Romney. President Obama's campaign website teed him up in April as one of eight "less than reputable" Romney donors and a "bitter foe of the gay rights movement." One sin: His wife donated to an anti-gay-marriage campaign, of the kind that have passed in 30 or so states.
Now we learn that little more than a week after that Presidential posting, a former Democratic Senate staffer called the courthouse in Mr. VanderSloot's home town of Idaho Falls seeking his divorce records. Ms. Strassel traced the operative, Michael Wolf, to a Washington, D.C. outfit called Fusion GPS that says it is "a commercial research firm."
Fusion GPS is run by a former Wall Street Journal reporter, Glenn Simpson, who wouldn't say who is paying him for this high-minded slumming but said in an email that Mr. VanderSloot was a "legitimate" target because of "his record on gay issues.

above quotes from
Politico & NYT Fail to Mention Report Exonerating Planned Parenthood Produced By Democratic Opposition Research Firm

so it turns out that Fusion is just a Democratic hit squad that goes around and tries to smear the opisistion.
figures PP would use these guys.

i especially like the part where Fusion wrote,

But the firm also wrote that it is impossible to characterize the extent to which the edits and cuts distort the meaning of the conversations depicted and that there was no “widespread evidence of substantive video manipulation[

so it turns out that the edits are impossible to tell if the meaning of of what the PP folks were saying had been changed, and that there was no wide spread creative editing.
]
edit on 27-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: greencmp

If the missing content is exculpatory, I'd be forced to concede intentional misrepresentation.

Well, here's an example, screen grabbed from one of the videos, citing a law that the video makers claims to prove that PP is breaking the law.

Here's what the law actually says.

It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer any human fetal tissue for valuable consideration if the transfer affects interstate commerce.

www.gpo.gov...

How's that for "intentional misrepresentation"?

edit on 27-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Remember the "original, full-length" video that accompanied the first Planned Parenthood release? Seems it wasn't "full-length" after all. In fact, 30 minutes were missing from it. Not only that, the "transcript" that accompanied it is inaccurate, as are the other transcripts.

I'm so shocked.

Trying to control other people's lives that have nothing to do with you is tricky business.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You forgot Obama something something fema camps.

Rookie mistake Charlie!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Even as it was, it was nothing to get outraged about unless English wasn't your first language or you had poor comprehension that or people really can't get past headlines. The manner in which fetal tissue was discussed was grotesque but that's clinical speak. Nothing illegal. I know you know this I just feel the need to reiterate.

This thread is pretty quiet for a PP thread, that's pretty telling.

SF.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
so it turns out that the edits are impossible to tell if the meaning of of what the PP folks were saying had been changed

So, why would they cut and splice so many times from a 2.5 HOUR video if they weren't trying to change the meaning? Yes, it's impossible to tell, without the ORIGINAL video...

And it doesn't matter WHO did the report. Is it TRUE or not?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You forgot Obama something something fema camps.

Rookie mistake Charlie!

Don't get me started mate...
It's Obama's fault that I forgot.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
B ,b ,but. but- but... think of the children. Somebody please think of the children, you know, the ones that were already aborted and can't be brought back to life; the ones for whom nothing can be done because they're already gone. Think of them. THINK!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I hope the anti-abortion people have learned that using lies and manipulation is no way to reach people. They should use facts to educate people about abortion and/or other options.

They only make themselves look fanatical when they approach it in this way.

Needless to say, I'm not surprised.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Here's the Report Sent to Congress

I have updated the OP.

In the Colorado video, the male interviewer introduces himself as“David” before correcting himself to say that David is his middle name and that he goes by Robert. These apparent errors provide further evidence to bolster the suspicion that the male interviewer is, in fact, CMP leader David Daleidin. CMP omits all mention of the name “David” in its transcripts.
The Texas video transcript contains the most significant discrepancies. CMP’s version of the transcript contains over 4,000 words of dialog that does not appear in the independent transcript or the video.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join