It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Mitchell follows up on recent interview

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Now this is pretty interesting. A few weeks back, Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell gave his accounts on UFO's, Rosewell, etc.. If my memory serves me correct he niether confirmed or denied some of the claims.

Well I think its out there in the public. Circumstances were of course, that the Roswell incident was a post World War II event. We were doing nuclear testing over in the White Sands proving ground which was right across the mountain from Roswell and the Roswell Air Field was a military base supporting that. So it seems that most likely what the aliens were interested in was the fact we had a weapons testing facility at the White Sands Proving Ground and were also interested in what we were doing or what the U.S. military was doing. Read more at observer.com... Follow us: @observer on Twitter | Observer on Facebook Read more at: tr.im...

The interviewer goes on to ask

But have you been told by individuals who worked at the White Sands nuclear testing facility that there was UFO activity? Read more at observer.com... Follow us: @observer on Twitter | Observer on Facebook Read more at: tr.im...

Yes I have. Read more at: tr.im...

Being that these words are from Edgar Mitchell, one would think that this may be one of the most credible sources.

Anyway, What do you think? Do you believe his claims, or thinks it's just a wash up to excite the imagination. Another thing that would be pretty neat is that if, Edgar, had a lot more to say about this. I think he does granted that only 1-2 weeks after his initial interview, he has a follow up interview.

Here the LINK

Cheers

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's my understanding that Edgar Mitchell is simply telling what he has been told by others and has no direct experience with or knowledge of the reality of UFO phenomena himself.

Maybe what he has been told is true and accurate. Maybe not.

On a side note, I think it's interesting that so much is made of the words and alleged experiences of astronauts in comparison to people of other professions. It seems to stem from the fact that so many people associate UFOs with "outer space", and astronauts travel into outer space. Most UFOs, however, are not seen in space but rather in the atmosphere.

That being said, I tend to believe that people probably have confided things to Edgar Mitchell because of who he is. And I certainly believe that UFOs represent a real as-yet-unknown phenomenon, whether or not Mitchell has any worthwhile information to share.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

I agree with you. However in the article he asked if the knows or was told that "UFO" activity took place, and he responds with "yes I have"

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

However in the article he asked if the knows or was told that "UFO" activity took place, and he responds with "yes I have"

But was he saying yes I have seen UFO's, or was he saying yes I was told that activity was taking place...

It makes a big difference.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I believe that he believes it.

That doesn't mean that I believe it, or that what he believes is true.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It sure does make a big difference. That's the million dollar question however.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It seems pretty obvious that he is blurring the lines intentionally of how he came upon his info. He doesn't want to get into trouble for talking about first hand classified information. I would do the same thing!

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Damn, who to believe? An astronaut that has been to the moon and associates with others that might be in the know or skeptics on a conspiracy web site that as far as I know have no credibility.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is the one salient bit,
Q,
"But have you been told by individuals who worked at the White Sands nuclear testing facility that there was UFO activity?"

A, "Yes I have"

That's a definite answer from the man, nothing to do with if it is right or wrong, his belief though is based on people he knew.

edit on 26-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Are you under the impression there were A-bomb tests going on in New Mexico in 1947, with Roswell supporting them?

www.abomb1.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
It seems pretty obvious that he is blurring the lines intentionally of how he came upon his info. He doesn't want to get into trouble for talking about first hand classified information. I would do the same thing!

He's been explicit -- no personal experiences whatsoever. I don't see any blurring there.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
he probably knows a lot more about the truth of space flight to the moon and beyond than most of us that have had the truth hidden from us for unknown reasons

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

There are people out there doing highly sensitive projects for the US. The way the media hounds, fans obsess and crazies kill I wouldn't say anything either just out of sheer protection for those with this info.
Every time someone comes forward with info like this its pure rape of that persons life, freedom, mistakes, friends, judgements, etc. by everyone, who would want that?

He said what he was told, this is now one of thousands of ufo accounts and counting. I think many of your minds have allready been made up before ever seeing this thread.
It's either you believe they can exist or they don't. If you believe they exist your on a quest for proof, if you don't your just wasting time. But I'd like to ask those that believe in existence already, how is proof going to change your perspective if you already believe?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: JimOberg

There are people out there doing highly sensitive projects for the US. The way the media hounds, fans obsess and crazies kill I wouldn't say anything either just out of sheer protection for those with this info.
Every time someone comes forward with info like this its pure rape of that persons life, freedom, mistakes, friends, judgements, etc. by everyone, who would want that?

Totally agree with that, it's likely a long standing , but very crude military MO from the highest to the lowest import.
Anybody civilian to do with Roswell as the story goes were, mistaken, making it up, lying/inventive/embellishing, so say the military, but we're not certain, because the military said that.
Anybody in the military to do with Roswell were, making it up, lying/inventive/embellishing...and that is certainly true, because over the years, they have said that. See the way it works?
Thing is the military will only admit to something like a B52 falling on your house in the middle of main street.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Every astronaut who "discloses" this kind of information, all sing to the same tune, "My friend told me so". It's like talking about yourself to a quack in 3rd person + ______insert friend here. These guys have signed NDAs with weight equal to degenerative matter. It's the best they can do until the leash is lengthened, or we get a candid deathbed interview from a credible source who doesn't have the family liability to be threatened with. All this is, is an attempt for parties in question to cover their hindquarters by going on record in some manner, so when certain inevitable revelations are made, they don't get socially lynched along with their handlers.
edit on 26-8-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Dbl post.
edit on 26-8-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Damn, who to believe? An astronaut that has been to the moon and associates with others that might be in the know or skeptics on a conspiracy web site that as far as I know have no credibility.

Can you imagine what would happen with Edgars credibillity if it was out that he never went to the moon? His credibillity would plummit right down next to someone like a certified compulsive lier.

Anyways, EM is a freemason and I think EM is a CIA asset who beliefs such a position will serve his country. He is also the founder of the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) for the purpose of consciousness research and other "related phenomena. With this calling card he knocks on doors of people who claim to have invented high effecientcy energy sources. It is my belief that he feeds this info back to the cia so they can "protect" society and its economy from collapsing like a house of cards. Same with his network in UFO scene.. keeping tabs on what and who is close to the truth.

Saying this I weigh every word EM says on these subjects and then will regard it as can be true...can not be true.

edit on 26/8/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Neil Armstrong never went public about anything regarding UFOs, he seemed to be silenced or just stayed away from the spotlight. Buzz Aldrin has given conflicting reports about UFOs, almost in a sleight-of-hand manner. Edgar Mitchell seems to tout the party line on this issue and has done so for many years. I think he is permitted to talk about certain subjects to a certain extent. He was actually a Disclosure Project 'whistleblower' as well:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I find the fact that every president looking for answers seem to go quiet also, after being briefed. Did anyone ever think that maybe our governments know they are here but just have no control over them or understanding of what they're doing?
Worse, maybe they do know what's going on and feel it's for the better good of judgement to just let it play out the way it does.

For instance what if etb's are doing all these horrible things we hear, from abductions to mutilations and there is no way to stop them. What good is disclosure if the government can't do a thing about it.
What if our government is not hiding the technology from US but trying to desperately hide it from THEM taking it back. That way we can look at it long enough to try and get an edge on things.

Kind of paints a very different picture.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join