It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Mitchell follows up on recent interview

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What many people are unaware of in regards to the Roswell Incident.

Click the link.

****SUGGEST SAUCERS ARE RADAR TARGET FOR WEATHER OBSERVATION ...****

About the small-headed 6-foot test dummies of the 1950's being confused with large-headed 4-foot aliens of 1947.

AF Roswell Study Contributor Admits- "It Was ET!"

The Lt. Colonel who was a major contributor to the Air Force's official 1997 study that concluded that the Roswell ET crash of 1947 is a "myth"- now states that the Air Force's Roswell report is itself a lie.

www.ufodigest.com...

PARTICIPANT IN DUMMY DROPS SCOFFS AT AF REPORT

Dummies Weren't Classified, Says Retired Colonel

[CNI News thanks Robert Collins for sending us this story from the Associated Press, July 1997.]

A retired Air Force officer says he worked with high tech crash test dummies in the 1950s, and that there's no way they'd be confused with aliens described in rumors arising from the Roswell Incident.

Lt. Col. (Ret.) Raymond A. Madson said he isn't buying the latest Air Force explanation of what occurred in Roswell in July 1947. The Air Force believes crash test dummies used in the 1950s were mistaken for the rumored 1947 aliens and UFO buffs just got their dates mixed up.

Madson, 66, who now lives near Grants [New Mexico], said he was project officer for Project High Dive at Holloman Air Force Base for four years starting in the 1950s.

Madson said he sent photographs of Project High Dive dummies to the Pentagon for inclusion in the Air Force document, "The Roswell Report: Case Closed."

But he said the dummies do not match the descriptions of the very small, almost childlike beings purported to have been seen in 1947 near Roswell.

"They were testing these things (dummies) to try to protect grown men. They would never have used (dummies of) children for such experiments," he said.

Madson also served at Wright Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio, before coming to Holloman. His wife worked at Wright Patterson as a secretary in the base medical laboratory, as well, he said.

Both of them heard serious talk about little green men who had been brought onto the base and studied secretly, he said. The subject of aliens never came up at Holloman, however.

"I think it was a highly kept secret at that time," he said. In contrast, there was nothing secret about his dummies, he said.

"The dummies were not covered up or hidden (when transported), and there was no security in the dummy drop phase of the experiments," he said.

And because the windblown dummies might end up falling just about anywhere, the Air Force even offered $25 rewards to local residents around Alamogordo to return the dummies to the base, he said. They were all stamped with labels identifying them as Air Force property, Madson said.

Colonel Calls Air Force Roswell Report a Lie

When the Air Force in 1997 released Roswell Report: Case Closed, its debunking of the famed crash incident of 1947, it relied heavily on information provided by Lt. Col. Raymond Madson, project officer in charge of the military's "crash test dummy" program known as "Project High Dive." Madson's program was cited as the definitive explanation for widely reported claims of small alien bodies said to be recovered after the crash. The representation was that witnesses had confused the dummies with creatures from another world. But now, Madson has come forward publicly to say that the Air Force study is "itself a lie." Moreover, he believes aliens really did crash to Earth in the incident, and that the author of the Air Force report had no interest in uncovering what really happened, but "was on a mission."

In an interview with on-line reporter Anthony Braglia

Madson argued that the dummies used in his project could never be mistaken for aliens. Nevertheless, Madson says that Captain James McAndrew, the report's author, ignored the fact that the six-foot dummies were too large and were not used until years after the Roswell event. It is clear to Madson, now 79, that the report was intended the provide a public cover story and nothing else.

Earlier in his career Madson worked at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. At the time he had heard rumors of highy secure areas on the base where secret medical research was carried out. When the Roswell event unfolded, he found the notion that alien bodies had been transferred from Roswell to Wright-Patterson to be entirely plausible. Madson's wife, who, at the time, worked at the base's medical laboratory, agrees.

www.artgomperz.com...

It all adds validity to the the statements of Ed Mitchell.
edit on 27-8-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
if working with a secret/foreign space agency is part of the secret astronauts and others in the space flight industry need to maintain to prevent public scandal/shock then could make for some awkward interviews

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

So you believe Jim Irwin's claims about Noah's Ark too?

originally posted by: skyblueworld

'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said. It's been covered up by all governments for 60 years".

That does it for me, when a space traveler says those words.

Why would I?

I believe Edgar Mitchell over you and many others too, that's just the way it is, sorry you feel the need to be a bit of an arse and presume such things.

You do realize Jim Irwin walked on the moon, too? Sorry, I had assumed you did.

You love to thread drift don't you? What on earth has Jim got to do with this thread? How do mods let you get away with it?

If you want to talk about Jim Irwin's claims, make a new thread ffs.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Uggielicious

And you have proof that Edgar Mitchell is telling lies? Of course you don't!!

Wind your neck in.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said. It's been covered up by all governments for 60 years".

Why would I?

I believe Edgar Mitchell over you and many others too, that's just the way it is, sorry you feel the need to be a bit of an arse and presume such things.

You do realize Jim Irwin walked on the moon, too? Sorry, I had assumed you did.

You love to thread drift don't you? What on earth has Jim got to do with this thread? How do mods let you get away with it?

If you want to talk about Jim Irwin's claims, make a new thread ffs.

Were these your words?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You're easy to fool into accepting bs from authoritative figures when it would behoove you to take Mr Oberg more seriously than you take Mitchell.

You are one of ufology's ufools.

The name calling is not helping your case, in my opinion, but let's address what you suggest.

To take Jim Oberg more seriously than Edgar Mitchell?
I guess that depends on what you mean by "take seriously". At my age, I take the flu seriously.

However, if the comparison is a matter of discerning which of these distinguished gentlemen is providing accurate information about human alien contact?

Well, only one of them is even discussing it.
Dr. Mitchell.
And what he is saying is corroborated by thousands of witnesses and whistleblowers, decades of documents and photo, video, and radar recordings, and physical evidence cases.

Jim Oberg is not discussing alien contact at all.
When pressed on the question, his answer is, "I don't know."

You hear that a lot from that side of the UFO discussion.
"We just don't know."
"Jury's still out."
"We need more evidence."
"There is no established link between UFO sightings and reports of alien contact."

Folks, these are well-establish and often used PR tactics, and they've been used very effectively in recent years to prevent or delay citizens from taking action on important issues.

1.Stall.
2.Cast doubt on evidence.
3.Pretend the matter is unresolved.
4.Delay people from addressing the issue by insisting we must be patient and wait for even more data, or for a better investigation, or telling us to wait until "real" science gets around to the issue.

These very tactics were used by cigarette manufactures to delay citizens, and congress, from taking action:

"We just don't know if smoking is harmful."
"Jury's still out."
"We need more evidence that nicotine is addictive."
"There is no established link between cigarettes and cancer."

Sound familiar?
Just switch out "cigarettes" and "cancer" for "UFOs" and "aliens". Then you will begin to see what's really going on here.

These tactics are used for a reason; they work.
Let me make the picture clearer with a current example of this deceptive technique:

Climate change.
Right now, there are PR men posing as experts, being paid to refute the decades of evidence of global warming.
They go on TV and repeat these same mantras.

"We just don't know if climate change is real."
"Jury's still out."
"We need more evidence that it's getting warmer."
"There is no link between carbon emissions and climate change."

Sounding familiar yet?
Same technique used in the debate over genetically modified foods. The list goes on. As long as the gullible fall for it, they'll keep using it.

One you recognize the pattern, you will see it used whenever and wherever powerful people need the truth to be hidden from the public.

Are people going to fall for it?
Or are they able to see that there is evidence supporting what Dr. Mitchell is saying?
The jury is still out.

edit on 28-8-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Can you imagine what would happen with Edgars credibillity if it was out that he never went to the moon? His credibillity would plummit right down next to someone like a certified compulsive lier.

Not only his, but NASA as well. However, my flying buddy was on the flight crew that flew the Apollo 14 astronauts back to Texas from Pago Pago after completing their moon flight.

Now that all four of the Air Force's Roswell cover stories have been proven false, whereas only the original flying saucer news report remains intact, we need to listen to what Ed Mitchell has to say about the Roswell incident because even Air Force military and civilian personnel at Wright-Patterson AFB have said that the Roswell incident involved extraterrestrials.

I might add that not many people are aware of what has been taking place at Wright-Patterson AFB in regards to UFOs.
edit on 28-8-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
if working with a secret/foreign space agency is part of the secret astronauts and others in the space flight industry need to maintain to prevent public scandal/shock then could make for some awkward interviews

I'm not following you, what's your theory?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Wind your neck in.

Turns out, Mitchell seems now to be saying the entire original news story is a lie.

The UFOs Didn't Come In Peace! Astronaut Sets Record Straight On ET Nuclear War

Edgar Mitchell, the 6th man to walk on the moon, accuses a British paper of fabricating a story about ETs saving America.

www.huffingtonpost.com... 02&kvcommref=mostpopular
edit on 28-8-2015 by JimOberg because: add text

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Wind your neck in.

Fortunately, Mitchell's comments are the proof. You put words in my mouth. I didn't say that Mitchell was telling lies, I said that Mitchell believes what is told to him, regardless of how outrageous it is and he repeats it. He is highly gullible. And if you don't question what he says then you are just as gullible. He has no evidence for anything he passes on and he doesn't seem to require it. Religious people are like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

You're easy to fool into accepting bs from authoritative figures when it would behoove you to take Mr Oberg more seriously than you take Mitchell.

You are one of ufology's ufools.

The name calling is not helping your case, in my opinion, but let's address what you suggest.

To take Jim Oberg more seriously than Edgar Mitchell?
I guess that depends on what you mean by "take seriously". At my age, I take the flu seriously.

Uggielicious: "This is a simple one. Mr Mitchell is damned by his own words. He accepts some ufology mythology without questioning. Mr Oberg, even at his worst imparts more useful information about ufology that includes solid conclusions."

However, if the comparison is a matter of discerning which of these distinguished gentlemen is providing accurate information about human alien contact?

Uggielicious: "Catch phrase: human alien contact. Mr Mitchell believes it has happened because he believes others claims. I've never read anything by Mr Oberg where he gives it any credence."

Well, only one of them is even discussing it.
Dr. Mitchell.
And what he is saying is corroborated by thousands of witnesses and whistleblowers, decades of documents and photo, video, and radar recordings, and physical evidence cases.

Uggielicious: "He is not discussing it, there is nothing to discuss except theories. And out of the 'thousands of witnesses and whistleblowers, decades of documents and photo, video, and radar recordings, and physical evidence cases.' there is not one iota of evidence not only for the reality of aliens, but of extraterrestrial aliens. All that has happened is that humans have seen strange-shaped objects in the sky and near the earth's surface, some have reported it and there is evidence for the sightings, only sightings."

Jim Oberg is not discussing alien contact at all.
When pressed on the question, his answer is, "I don't know."

Uggielicious: "But that is the only logical answer in light of that there is no evidence to examine. Anyone is free to say they've seen and interacted with aliens but no can provide any evidence for those so-called aliens and less yet that there are extraterrestrials. However, a few individuals have found that it is profitable to claim such. If you employ logic, reason and common sense you can come to that conclusion also."

You hear that a lot from that side of the UFO discussion.
"We just don't know."
"Jury's still out."
"We need more evidence."
"There is no established link between UFO sightings and reports of alien contact."

Uggielicious: "Well, why don't you take the lead and provide the evidence? You'll be a ufology hero, become famous and rich."

Uggielicious: "Edited your comments 'cause they're not worth responding."

Or are they able to see that there is evidence supporting what Dr. Mitchell is saying?
The jury is still out.

Uggielicious: "And where, pray tell, is that "blasted" evidence? How did you come upon it that you can sound so sure and if you know, why don't you beat Mitchell to the game? There is no jury because there is no case!"

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Uggielicious: "Edited your comments 'cause they're not worth responding."

Ditto.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Dr. Mitchell.

That is correct. There are tons of documents and data that have been revealed over the years confirming that the UFOs are not those of mankind. Here is radar data that I collected on one case, which proves that the object performing these maneuvers was not of this earth.

Radar Data Tracking of a UFO

00 200 150 7000
01 200 150 7000
02 200 150 7000
03 200 150 7000
04 200 150 6000
05 270 560 6000
06 270 560 6000
07 270 570 6000
08 270 560 7000
09 270 550 7000
10 210 560 9000
11 210 570 10000
12 210 560 11000
13 210 570 10000
14 270 770 7000
15 270 770 6000
16 270 780 6000
17 270 790 5000
18 290 1010 4000
19 290 1000 3000
20 290 990 2000
21 290 990 1000
22 300 990 0000
22.5 300 980 0000 Break lock

That UFO was tracked on multiple ground-based and airborne radars as witnesses on the ground watched. Such maneuvers would tear an aircraft apart.

I find this article interesting.

SPACE-LIFE REPORT COULD BE SHOCK, UFO
Vol. I, No. II (Dec 1960 - Jan 1961 issue)

The discovery of intelligent space beings could have a severe effect on the public, according to a research report released by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. The report warned that America should prepare to meet the psychological impact of such a revelation.

The 190-page report was the result of a $96,000 one-year study conducted by the Brookings Institution for NASA's long-range study committee.

Public realization that intelligent beings live on other planets could bring about profound changes, or even the collapse of our civilization, the research report stated.

Space-Life Report

I never did believe the Air Force's balloon cover stories for the Roswell incident because I knew that the Air Force would not have concocted a worldwide sensational flying saucer recovery story over a simple weather balloon the military used on a regular basis nor for a Project Mogul balloon flilhgt #4 that never was, not to mention that Project Mogul balloons were not classified because they were simple research balloons, which is underlined by the fact that you can also find references to Project Mogul in unclassified letters and documentations.

To give you an example of how the Air Force lied about Project Mogul, let's take a look here.

1994 Air Force Roswell Report

Balloon Research

Subsequently, a 1946 HQ AMC memorandum was surfaced, describing the constant altitude balloon project and specified that the scientific data be classified TOP SECRET Priority IA. Its name was Project Mogul (Atch 19).

Project Mogul was a then-sensitive, classified project...

www.roswellfiles.com...

Now, let's take a look at the Project Mogul balloon records of A.P. Crary.

Rancher Sid West recovers Project Mogul balloon train

June 8, Sun. Rancher, Sid West, found balloon train 25 mi south of High Rolls in mountains.Contacted him and made arragements to recover equipment Monday. Got all recordings of balloon flights. Took Treland, Mears, Winton, Olsen to Alamogordo to catch train this pm

June 9, Mon. Bill Godbee and Don Reynolds went out to Sid West's ranch south of High Rolls and broughtback recovered balloons- clock, 2 radiosondes, sonobuoy and microphone and lower part of dribbler. Bill Edmondson cleaning up hanger and sorting out equipment of NYU. Worked today on balloon records (GR8) from north hanger. No definite signals obtained. Took inventory MRs.

No flying saucer story for the recovery of those Mogul balloons.

Continue:

Balloon tests? 7, 8, 9, and 10 off this week. Test 7, slated for 1 July postponed until 2 July as equipment was not ready. 100 tanks Helium obtained from Amarillo Monday evening. Also radiosonde receivers set up by NYU personnel Monday but were not operable.

Test 7 at dawn on July 2 with pibal 1 hr first following with therodlite. Winds were very light and balloons up between A air base and mountains most of time. Included cluster of met balloons. Follewed by C-54? for several hours & finally landed in mountains near road to Cloudcroft. Before gear could be recovered, most of it had been stolen.

Let's look here.

Policeman Recovers Mogul Balloon
New York Times, Oct 1, 1948 "Balloon Staggers Down to Brooklyn Tavern,

A MOGUL balloon "floated blithely over the rooftops of Flatbush . . . causing general public excitement . . . before it came to rest on top of a [Brooklyn] tavern." Recovered by policeman.

Somehow, the Air Force managed to convince a number of people in 1994 that Project Mogul was classified top secret, yet the Air Force revealed photos of Project Mogul balloons and the nature of their experiments in newspapers across the country just days after the Roswell incident in July 1947.

Princeton, New Jersey, July 12, 1947
Headlines:

Balloons Not Discs: Princeton Gadget Soars 20 Miles High; Records No Atomic Explosions

28 Balloons Fail To Send Reports On Cosmic Rays -- Attain 20-Mile

Altitude, but Equipment Does Not Give Nuclear Explosion Data

Stratosphere Atom Explosions Probed

Sky Experiment Apparatus Found -- Flight in Stratosphere Fails to Show Nuclear Explosions Data

Photo 1: Balloon Train

Photo 2: Recovered Balloon Train by Two Civiians

Photo 3: Balloon Train

To recap, the Air Force did a fantastic job of duping a number of people in 1994 that Project Mogul was classified when in fact, the Air Force revealed Project Mogul photos and experiments in newspapers in 1947, which brings up some very interesting questions in regards to the Roswell Incident.

* Why did the Air Force lie about a weather balloon being confused as a flying saucer in 1947?

* Why did the Air Force lie about Project Mogul in 1994?

* Why did the Air Force lie about 6-foot test dummies of the 1950's being confused as 4-foot aliens in 1947?

* Why did the Air Force lie about accident victims in 1956 and 1959 being confused as 4-foot aliens in 1947?

The handwriting is written all over the wall and yet, the Air Force continues its Roswell cover-up to this very day. Now that all of the Air Force's cover stories have been proven as lies, what is the Air Force hiding?

Now that it has been revealed that Mogul and Skyhook balloon teams issued official reports that they too, have tracked flying saucers over New Mexico and the Air Force reporting flying saucers over Muroc AFB and Roger Dry Lake, we need to pay closer attention to what Ed Mitchell is saying about Roswell.

edit on 29-8-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
A couple of questions:

What have Edgar Mitchell and others like Gordon Cooper gained from sharing the information they have?

Why would they deliberately try to lose there credibility status is doing so? If they ever could considering these man our worldwide heroes...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

A couple of questions:

What have Edgar Mitchell and others like Gordon Cooper gained from sharing the information they have?

Why would they deliberately try to lose there credibility status is doing so? If they ever could considering these man our worldwide heroes...

It's tough to know why Cooper decided to tell his story. I mean, it was made up and he must have done that for a reason.

With Ed Mitchell, I think he sincerely believes what he believes and his credibility is only lost in the eyes of some critics. He's put his money where his mouth is with the Noetic Sciences group and drawn a lot of his conclusions from speaking to first hand witnesses of UFO sightings. In my view, he's got a lot more reason to believe what he believes than some folk who deny whatever just because they feel like it.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

...and regarding the theme of the OP, Mitchell has subsequently DENIED making the comments the London newspaper attributed to him, seems to me that might be important to realize.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

A couple of questions:

I've offered a specific scenario here, sorry you didn't visit the site sooner:

2008 Note-of-Interest: Why Would Cooper Tell Such Tales?
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

To be fair, I've heard him voicing opinions (audio interviews) that I disagree with and leaning on sources I personally don't value. My comments were aimed in that direction and apply regardless of recent claims. I respect the man even though I don't share his conclusions.

With regards to the claims, they'll be regurgitated in the future and his own corrections will be overlooked. We've all seen it before. Buzz Aldrin's UFO comments that never were are an obvious example that is constantly recycled.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here's the link to Mitchell denying the entire premise of this thread,
sorry if I missed it already being discussed.....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Damn, who to believe? An astronaut that has been to the moon and associates with others that might be in the know or skeptics on a conspiracy web site that as far as I know have no credibility.

What if he hasnt been to the moon ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join