It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Taking Over Canada Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well, I've seen the new Canadian bills and I've been thinking about just why they look so odd. But now I think I've figured it out.
The Americans are slowly changing our Canadian money.
Every few years, the canadian bill is getting smaller and more childish.
Soon, the new Canadian dollar bill will look exactly like the monopoly money and the American Governement will just come in here and buy us out!
They've done it before! look what happened to the indians and manhatten island. (or long island, I forget which one) And the russians and alaska! It's just been taking them longer with Canadians as we are more resilient (or something, I'm not quite sure).

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ok, what does this have to do with a secret society??
please explain

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
well I figured some secret society sould have to be behind it, as Bush alone isn't that smart.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well, they're going to have to beat on that dollar with a big hammer for a long time to flatten it out.

Moving to politics.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ever think the money changed because as the years carry on we'd like to reflect on our culture and history.. have a look at the new $20 for example and tell me the U.S hand crafted that. I think the U.S has more to worry in her own lands then in ours.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I may have just fallen off the turnip truck, but I believe the reason for the changes to our (rapidly growing in value) money is to foil the attempts at forgery. If it turns out to become almost impossible to forge monopoly money, that's just great...there was a time where we had a hard time cashing in a $50 bill without being scrutinized.
As far as the Americans taking over Canada is concerned...you mean they haven't already done so? I'm shocked!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Guess it's time to close da border, eh?

With the NHL on strike who even notices Canada anymore?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05

Well I guess we should refuse the telephone call the next time you need something like..........oh.... FRESH WATER?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
LOL Intrepid

Good example. Y'all have plenty, and most of ours come from up north.

For the record, I would like to be on Canada's do not dispose of list in the future. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Well I guess we should refuse the telephone call the next time you need something like..........oh.... FRESH WATER?

Or hockey players once things go back to normal in the NHL

[edit on 30-12-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thanks, but we have all the water we need here in Michigan.
I do love Canada, and thanks for taking in all those pissed-off Kerry voters!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Realist05
and thanks for taking in all those pissed-off Kerry voters!

, After Bush won Canada said they had a noticable increase for people who wanted to move from America to Canada.
, but they have to wait over a year to be accepted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont think that Canda's 20's and Americas 20's have similarities. Ours havn't changed much at all, except now we have more color in it, for security reasons, our older bills had color in them also, it used to be blue, then red, then green, now its still green but with a hint of peach and blue.
-- I dont see how you think they look alike. (however your money does look kid-ish)

[edit on 31-12-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

They're almost too nice that I don't want to spend them.
They do look good, all shiny and stuff, some interesting stuff written on them.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Are the new Canadian notes made of polymer like Australia's new(ish) notes? So when you scrunch them up, they flick back into shape?

I don't know what you are worried about in regards to Monopoly money, ours looks more Monopoly that yours. But I like it! Plus its easier to distinguish the notes.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You may have more then your share of fresh water, but we also have access to the Great lakes which contain 18 percent of the worlds surface fresh water or 6 quadrillion gallons.

We could just pump it all out from our side

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
You may have more then your share of fresh water, but we also have access to the Great lakes which contain 18 percent of the worlds surface fresh water or 6 quadrillion gallons.

I noticed a weird thing from my American friends on the net from various places around the US, when they started saying things like "Dammit, I've run out of water" or "brb I've gotta go get some milk and water". When I enquired further about this, they told me they only drink bottled water and never drink water from the tap because it's "disgusting".

I found it hard to believe until I began asking others about it too.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

I noticed a weird thing from my American friends on the net from various places around the US, when they started saying things like "Dammit, I've run out of water" or "brb I've gotta go get some milk and water". When I enquired further about this, they told me they only drink bottled water and never drink water from the tap because it's "disgusting".

heh, yeah, some people are just to gullable. As if "Mountian Fresh" water doesn't flow through a maze of pipes.

I'm a pop person myself, only drink water when, A
ut of pop / B:no cash / C:when water is only option for liquid

Water here if fresh, but bottled water is also a big hit, because its portable, or if your not home and thirtsy but dont want or like pop, you can just get bottled water. But yes...Some people think its a lot fresher then the water that comes to their house.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Bottled water is indeed popular in the US But I drink my tap water filtered its pretty good. Dont know about other areas like in the cites though could be gross there.

I always laugh when I see people drinking Dasini water thinking its spring water or something when infact its filtered Chicago tap.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
RE: drinking water
I lived in a small town that was on the edge of a glacial melt and the ground was mainly sand and gravel. I have never tasted such delicious water, unfiltered straight from the tap. Now I live in the 'big city' and the tap water is horrible, so I buy bottled water, though there's no guarantee of what is or isn't in it.

Believe it or not, there are cities in Massachusetts that put a warning on their residential water bills that the water is "unfit for human consumption".

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Arizona water is pretty bad too

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join