It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Taking Over Canada Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Well I guess we should refuse the telephone call the next time you need something like..........oh.... FRESH WATER?

Fresh water, did you say? Would that be as in the Great Lakes of Michigan?
How about you keep you garbage and we'll keep our water?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
When I enquired further about this, they told me they only drink bottled water and never drink water from the tap because it's "disgusting".

I found it hard to believe until I began asking others about it too.

Metropolitan Detroit has some of the best tap water in the nation. One of the few things Detroit does well.
So, we drink tap water here. My husband drinks it straight, I use a PUR filter.

Sorry for the thread jack

[edit on 31-12-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I drink bottles water because Toronto water sucks... reeks of chlorine.
Or I'll fill up at my parents, who've got better spring water from the tap than any bottled water.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here's a useful website on the topic:

www.unitednorthamerica.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In getting back to the topic at hand, the US wouldn't be too wise in pushing Canada too far with bogus trade sanctions. You depend on us for all your essential needs like water, electricity and believe it or not "OIL". British Columbia only uses 10% of the electricity that it produces and exports the rest to the US West Coast. We basically keep the lights on in many of your northern states. We also ship around 18% of your total oil imports not too mention beef, lumber(when your not screwing us) and many other essential commodities.

Not to mention that Europe and many other countries would fight to the death to protect us from you. They owe us big time for WW1 and WW2 as well as Korea. So the US would be wise not to push us too far because the economic damage we could cause your country is huge.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Not to mention that Europe and many other countries would fight to the death to protect us from you. They owe us big time for WW1 and WW2 as well as Korea. So the US would be wise not to push us too far because the economic damage we could cause your country is huge.

HahahahahahahahaAAHHHH..hahahahahaAAAHHHHHhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no nation on this planet that would attack the U.S. in order to save Canada. Most of them consider you our 51st state anyway.

AAAHHHhahahahahahahaAAHHHHhahahahahaha!!!!!!

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Then there's the problem that Canada is literally disarming itself. The CBC had a report last December that government spending cuts would prevent equipment replacement, eliminate the last active air fighter squadron, and that, by default, the country would rely on U.S. military protection.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

HahahahahahahahaAAHHHH..hahahahahaAAAHHHHHhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no nation on this planet that would attack the U.S. in order to save Canada. Most of them consider you our 51st state anyway.

AAAHHHhahahahahahahaAAHHHHhahahahahaha!!!!!!

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

I highly doubt that. Considering we still have commenwealth ties with Britain and every other commonwealth country in the world. You display the typical American attitude though. I thought maybe with the New Year that would dissappear in Americans, guess not.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
oh will the US vs Canada disputes ever end...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I find it almost impossible to believe some of the things being said in this thread. My dad was a vet (deceased) and my father-in-law is a vet, as well as his 3 brothers.

I am proud of what they accomplished during those terrible years. To hear some-one blithely comment about "taking over Canada" just makes me want to rage.

Those of you who scoff at Canadians as being helpless should perhaps be hitting the history books when it comes to this country's military experience.
I'm asking you to actually look up when the Canadians first went into WW1 or WW2 and compare this with your own American involvement. Also, you might look up Vimy Ridge or Dieppe while you're at it.

I would never dismiss the men and women of the American Armed Forces, though, because I respect what they stand for. I respect each one of those individuals who put duty before themselves. But I wonder just how many of those that scoff at Canadian capability here in this thread are/ or have been actually in the American military.

Because we don't keep a large army (much to my dismay, actually) does not make us powerless. The Canadian Forces have been reduced by the miserly spending of a series of gutless polititians who have looked to the United States for protection. If you don't believe me, go google our own Maj. Lewis Mackenzie (ret.) and find out what he has to say on that matter.

Canada has a great number of very able bodied men and women who are quite used to the rugged landscape that our country has. This has, through two world wars, put some exceptionally able men into the field and that is no fallacy. I won't even bother to bore you with the Canadian Rangers and the Native American involvement in our military. They are amazing soldiers, by the way.

This thread was started, seemingly, about some silly notion that our cash looks like monopoly money but has digressed into something else.
So now some spokesmen from the Great American Empire are threatening to just 'take us over' like Hitler did Austria, eh? And you figure the rest of the world would stand back and let you?

Just remember that Canada is larger geographically than the U.S.A., and also remember what happened to Hitler and Napoleon when they stretched themselves too far in an unforgiving landscape. Also remember that we live here.

So please cut the crap about invading Canada...you're just getting my knickers in a knot.

And, oh, I'd better mention the fact...yes, I have served in the military (artilliery) and rather than bow down to kiss a**, I would defend this country with my life, even against the Great American Empire.

Sheesh...somebody give me a warn...I'm losing it!!!

Masqua

[edit on 2-1-2005 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiergraf
oh will the US vs Canada disputes ever end...

I don't think it will most people are idiots and just won't drop it...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
OK, this is just about dumb. The US has no reason to "take over Canada". Besides not liking the looks of your newly done money, what is it that makes you think that we are plotting to do anything of the sort??

I think the ill feelings come from the Canadians and I am not sure *why*. Until the internet, I have never run into this in real life. I know I have never had any ill feelings toward, well, anyone, especially not Canadians! We have always seemed to work together anyhow. Don't know why there would be a secret invasion plot.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's not that I think there is an actual plot to invade Canada, it's that some would stoop to stating such things that gets to me.

Perhaps it's because I know so many soldiers and vets (even a few Viet Nam vets)...because of what they are doing and have done in the past, I take offence when I see them being laughed at.

Just me... because of them and their sacrifice I just can't keep from 'standing up'.

Sorry to get in a snit...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have visited Canada 3 times in my life (Toronto and Ontario) every time I was there I was not impressed. Which leads me to ask, Why the heck would we want it?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
ya but you havnt seen any of western canada and anyways its not like america is any better, ive been the the states a few time's and right when i crossed the border i could smell some really nasty smell qoincidence i think not

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If all you ever did in Canada was drive the 401 up to Toronto, I can understand why you're not impressed. Southern Ontario is kind of an uninteresting bit of farmland for the most part...and cities?...well, they're about the same everywhere.

I'm not about to start going on about Northern Ontario or anywhere else here, for that matter. I figure we have enough tourists as it is.

Interesting bumper sticker I see on a lot of pickups here:

"It's tourist season...whaddaya mean, I can't shoot 'em?"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join