It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis oil cured my bowel cancer, claims father, 33, 'given just 18 months to live'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon? I agree with what you've said, but if he only used it to be able to maintain an appetite during chemo, which is essential if you going to cope with a harsh chemo routine. Then to me it has to be worth it. And both cbd and thc can help the effectiveness of chemo. Studies have been done with the type of chemo I have been taking alongside cbd and thcmct.aacrjournals.org...

edit on 21-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Agreed. I'm about six months out from my final chemo treatment for leukemia. I can attest to the effectiveness of cannabis in the treatment of chemo side effects, but I'd be dead right now without the use of traditional chemo.

Personally, I would not want to risk my life on treatments that have only anecdotal evidence of effectiveness.

I understand the big pharma "there is no profit in a cure" argument, but there are also many, many smart doctors out there who are working very hard on treatments because they want to improve people's treatment options and prognosis and not because they want to satisfy big pharma. I know this is a conspiracy site, but the spread of misleading info about cancer treatments can seriously screw up people's lives in a most devastating manner.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Virgil Cain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
Interesting article. I think it's important for people to remember that cancer is not one disease - it's encompasses thousands of ailments, many fo which need to be treated differently.

Specific and targeted treatments often work best (as in my case), but sometimes when they don't have a specific protocol, it can be a "let's see what sticks to the wall" approach.

Best wishes and positive vibes to you. I had it "easy" and it was brutal. Take good care of yourself above all else...

edit on 21-8-2015 by Virgil Cain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This popped up on Facebook today, thought it might be relevent. Not sure about the source but it does link to a list of studies...

thefreethoughtproject.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Excellent forum on cancer cures and why they are not being used. As usual, just follow the money trail and realize the there is never money in making a cure but only in prolonging the treatment.
Okay - this is why marijuana is illegal.
First of all Hemp is the extremely strong fibre of the plants main body.
Marijuana is the leaves, seeds and flowers etc. that give you a buzz.
In the Early 1600’s it was law that every farmer grew hemp and was used as legal tender in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland
The Mayflowers sails, rope, and peoples clothes were all made from hemp ( highly resistant to saltwater – sorry cotton )
The declaration of independence was written on hemp paper by Thomas Jefferson. ( 2 drafts ) who also grew it as a cash crop.
Fast forward to 100 years ago.
DuPont invented chemicals that made processing wood pulp cheaper than hemp pulp even though hemp produces 4-5 times more per acre and doesn’t destroy natural wildlife habitats. The almighty dollar wins again – unless a law is passed but we have lobbyists for that.
In fact, DuPont’s production of nylon ( sold as synthetic hemp ) in 1936 was another nail in the coffin for hemp production and it was very convenient that the criminalization of marijuana coincided with the decriminalization of alcohol in the 1930’s ( they successfully avoided a lull in fines, empty jails and sad policemen )
In the 1930’s, Harry Anslinger went from deputy commissioner of the prohibition against alcohol to the chief of prohibition against marijuana. Harry was married to U.S. Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon’s daughter who just happened to own Mellon Bank who just so happened to finance DuPont.
For the War effort, Henry Ford manufactured a plastic car body shell made from hemp oil and its engine burned hemp ethanol fuel in order that our metal and gasoline was directed towards the nazi’s. The hemp plastic was stronger and lighter than steel and hemp ethanol burned clean. This didn’t bode well with the petro-chemical companies vision of the future but at least we have petro based plastic bumpers now that brisk in the gasoline/gmoed to death corn ethanol fumes
Here are some fun cool facts about marijuana:
fun cool facts

The ancient Egyptians mixed hemp/lime/stones to make concrete.
Here’s a video that shows it being done today ( minus the Egyptians ).

hempocrete

I know a guy who knows a guy who got throat cancer with a large gaping hole. Doctors told him to go home and die we’ve done all we can here’s your bill sob story. So that’s what he did by going back to his South American roots where he went to the local natives. They told him to smoke marijuana through the hole in his throat and he is still alive today ( this happened 30 years ago ).
Marijuana is chock full of gamma linoleic acids just like the flower “Evening Primrose” used medically by Native Americans to reduce swelling and was called the “Kings Cure All” in Europe. Could be a connection there but I am not doing the lab research. These people are though :

lab results
more lab results
same as above

Enough about dope heads though.

As for me, for a cancer cure– I would look up baking soda, maple syrup and cancer on the internet.

Cancer Cure

What maybe happening is that NaHCO3 (Baking Soda) is carried to the cancer cells by the raw sugar of the syrup. The cancer cell enzymes ( always low counts in cancer patients ) that repair the cell are flooded by hydrogen ions ( from hydrogenated fat cells that preserve food in Walmart ??? ) and can’t get the mineral ions they need to live and work ( Fe ion ect ). Along comes NaHCO3 and grabs a Hydrogen to make H20 ( OH and H ) and what’s left is NaCO3 .
Cancer thrives in an acidic environment and acidity is measured by the –log H ions ( more hydrogen means more acidity )

Dr Tullio Simoncini has also used Sodium Bicarbonate to treat cancer which he believes is caused by a fungus which is killed by adding the Sodium Bicarbonate. He cured quite a few children then lost his doctors license and had to leave Italy.

simon

Like I said, there is no money in a cure and doctors are taught at universities who’s research buildings and grants are provided ( aka dictated ) by big pharma who only have treating an illness as their main objective ( not preventing/curing them ) which in turn maximizes profit.

edit on 21-8-2015 by jimmybob because: broken link

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmybob

Unfortunately our present society is a "Business model" It's not very efficient but its the only model that seems to work by keeping everyone focused. The Medieval "Business model" used far more crueller forms to keep everyone focused. Whereas this modern model is built in with some stupid things that keep big Pharma. and doctors, and police and prisons busy, those that are not employed end up in jail to produce the employment for the good boys. But at least, we can see its flaws and as individuals escape the traps, by staying under the radar. We now know that because of the genome project, that ninety percent of illness is either diet or accident related, and only ten percent genetic, and ingest accordingly.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Virgil Cain it sounds like we have a similar approach when it comes to these things. I would never stop the traditional medical approach and go totally alternative, I know the chemo has been working so I'm going to carry on with it. It's interesting too that people don't talk about the fact using marijuana if you've got cancer, also helps the time go by a little easier. It's a nice feeling that I enjoy, the chemo is punishment enough, why shouldn't I be able to enjoy the medical marijuana, what's wrong with having a smile on your face and laughing at stupid stuff? Why should it be all about the medical side?

edit on 22-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I have no feeling about this whatsoever, but the National Cancer Institute has a nice summary of the studies on the medical use of cannibas, CBD etc..

A few quotes from the summary

One study in mice and rats suggested that cannabinoids may have a protective effect against the development of certain types of tumors.[3] During this 2-year study, groups of mice and rats were given various doses of THC by gavage. A dose-related decrease in the incidence of hepatic adenoma tumors and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) was observed in the mice. Decreased incidences of benign tumors (polyps and adenomas) in other organs (mammary gland, uterus, pituitary, testis, and pancreas) were also noted in the rats. In another study, delta-9-THC, delta-8-THC, and cannabinol were found to inhibit the growth of Lewis lung adenocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo .[4] In addition, other tumors have been shown to be sensitive to cannabinoid-induced growth inhibition.[5-8]

...these compounds have been shown to induce apoptosis in glioma cells in culture and induce regression of glioma tumors in mice and rats, while they protect normal glial cells of astroglial and oligodendroglial lineages from apoptosis mediated by the CB1 receptor.[9]

An in vitro study of the effect of CBD on programmed cell death in breast cancer cell lines found that CBD induced programmed cell death, independent of the CB1, CB2, or vanilloid receptors. CBD inhibited the survival of both estrogen receptor–positive and estrogen receptor–negative breast cancer cell lines, inducing apoptosis in a concentration-dependent manner while having little effect on nontumorigenic mammary cells.[18]

It apparently also shows evidence of helping the chemo work.

CBD may also enhance uptake of cytotoxic drugs into malignant cells. Activation of the transient receptor potential vanilloid type 2 (TRPV2) has been shown to inhibit proliferation of human glioblastoma multiforme cells and overcome resistance to the chemotherapy agent carmustine.[31]

I would be cautious about generalizing its medical use, but it does appear to show real promise in some areas.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Chemotherapy was never intended to cure cancer. It destroys the immune system. Your immune system is what you need most to combat the tumors. There are several natural cancer cures found in nature. Baking soda and maple syrup, Soursop, Pau'd arco, Diatomaceous Earth (my favorite), Cannabis anything ect. Nature gives freely, man only knows profit.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
There are sooo many different uses for the cannibus plant... Does anyone know, by what method was cannibus oil administered to cure this man of cancer?

I'm not surprised the officials are saying there is no evidence that it helps. They would have to do a proper study in order to produce some evidence, and they refuse to do that! They are failing to do their duty to explore every possible avenue of treatment for these people suffering from cancer. They would rather recommend deadly radiation treatments rather than even suggest, or find out for themselves, if the comparitively harmless cannibus plant can help...

there have been and are ongoing studies on cannabis...studies
you tube
even in the u.s

Several scientific studies have suggested this in the past, and in April this year the US government’s National Institute on Drug Abuse revised their publications to suggest cannabis could shrink brain tumours by killing off cancer cells.

cancer.gov
how it works

why it works

edit on 22-8-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Today one of our major newspapers in Denmark just highlighted that the US Cancer Association is now putting cannabis on the "cancer killer" list.... they are actually promoting it on their website as a means to ward of / kill cancer... this is HUGE!

Hopefully this will spark a domino effect around the world so we can finally get some natural medicine going.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Today one of our major newspapers in Denmark just highlighted that the US Cancer Association is now putting cannabis on the "cancer killer" list.... they are actually promoting it on their website as a means to ward of / kill cancer... this is HUGE!

Hopefully this will spark a domino effect around the world so we can finally get some natural medicine going.
yay miracles never cease! lol it looks as though they have been studying for some time
nih.gov
Dr. Christina Sanchez was the researcher who discovered cannabioids killing brain,breast tumor cells

WEDNESDAY, April 1 (HealthDay News) -- New research out of Spain suggests that THC -- the active ingredient in marijuana -- appears to prompt the death of brain cancer cells.

The finding is based on work with mice designed to carry human cancer tumors, as well as from an analysis of THC's impact on tumor cells extracted from two patients coping with a highly aggressive form of brain cancer.

Explaining that the introduction of THC into the brain triggers a cellular self-digestion process known as "autophagy," study co-author Guillermo Velasco said his team has isolated the specific pathway by which this process unfolds, and noted that it appears "to kill cancer cells, while it does not affect normal cells."

abcnews

Cristina Sánchez, PhD, is a molecular biologist at Complutense University in Madrid, Spain. Over the past twelve years, Dr. Sánchez and her team have conducted extensive research on the anti-tumor effects of cannabinoids.

Her lab is not the only one to investigate the unique potential of these cannabis-derived compounds. In fact, researchers in many parts of the world, including the U.S., have demonstrated the ability of cannabinoids to combat tumors in various models.
leafscience

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmybob

Excellent forum on cancer cures and why they are not being used. As usual, just follow the money trail and realize the there is never money in making a cure but only in prolonging the treatment.
Okay - this is why marijuana is illegal.
First of all Hemp is the extremely strong fibre of the plants main body.
Marijuana is the leaves, seeds and flowers etc. that give you a buzz.
In the Early 1600’s it was law that every farmer grew hemp and was used as legal tender in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland
The Mayflowers sails, rope, and peoples clothes were all made from hemp ( highly resistant to saltwater – sorry cotton )
The declaration of independence was written on hemp paper by Thomas Jefferson. ( 2 drafts ) who also grew it as a cash crop.
Fast forward to 100 years ago.
DuPont invented chemicals that made processing wood pulp cheaper than hemp pulp even though hemp produces 4-5 times more per acre and doesn’t destroy natural wildlife habitats. The almighty dollar wins again – unless a law is passed but we have lobbyists for that.
In fact, DuPont’s production of nylon ( sold as synthetic hemp ) in 1936 was another nail in the coffin for hemp production and it was very convenient that the criminalization of marijuana coincided with the decriminalization of alcohol in the 1930’s ( they successfully avoided a lull in fines, empty jails and sad policemen )
In the 1930’s, Harry Anslinger went from deputy commissioner of the prohibition against alcohol to the chief of prohibition against marijuana. Harry was married to U.S. Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon’s daughter who just happened to own Mellon Bank who just so happened to finance DuPont.
For the War effort, Henry Ford manufactured a plastic car body shell made from hemp oil and its engine burned hemp ethanol fuel in order that our metal and gasoline was directed towards the nazi’s. The hemp plastic was stronger and lighter than steel and hemp ethanol burned clean. This didn’t bode well with the petro-chemical companies vision of the future but at least we have petro based plastic bumpers now that brisk in the gasoline/gmoed to death corn ethanol fumes
Here are some fun cool facts about marijuana:
fun cool facts

The ancient Egyptians mixed hemp/lime/stones to make concrete.
Here’s a video that shows it being done today ( minus the Egyptians ).

hempocrete

I know a guy who knows a guy who got throat cancer with a large gaping hole. Doctors told him to go home and die we’ve done all we can here’s your bill sob story. So that’s what he did by going back to his South American roots where he went to the local natives. They told him to smoke marijuana through the hole in his throat and he is still alive today ( this happened 30 years ago ).
Marijuana is chock full of gamma linoleic acids just like the flower “Evening Primrose” used medically by Native Americans to reduce swelling and was called the “Kings Cure All” in Europe. Could be a connection there but I am not doing the lab research. These people are though :

lab results
more lab results
same as above

Enough about dope heads though.

As for me, for a cancer cure– I would look up baking soda, maple syrup and cancer on the internet.

Cancer Cure

What maybe happening is that NaHCO3 (Baking Soda) is carried to the cancer cells by the raw sugar of the syrup. The cancer cell enzymes ( always low counts in cancer patients ) that repair the cell are flooded by hydrogen ions ( from hydrogenated fat cells that preserve food in Walmart ??? ) and can’t get the mineral ions they need to live and work ( Fe ion ect ). Along comes NaHCO3 and grabs a Hydrogen to make H20 ( OH and H ) and what’s left is NaCO3 .
Cancer thrives in an acidic environment and acidity is measured by the –log H ions ( more hydrogen means more acidity )

Dr Tullio Simoncini has also used Sodium Bicarbonate to treat cancer which he believes is caused by a fungus which is killed by adding the Sodium Bicarbonate. He cured quite a few children then lost his doctors license and had to leave Italy.

simon

Like I said, there is no money in a cure and doctors are taught at universities who’s research buildings and grants are provided ( aka dictated ) by big pharma who only have treating an illness as their main objective ( not preventing/curing them ) which in turn maximizes profit.

You should take this post and start your own thread..

Awesome post ty

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmybob

Except the person or company who came up with a cure could charge pretty much what they wanted for it and becomes trillionaires overnight.

Cancer Cure

I'm guessing you have to inject it directly into the cancer cells for anything like that to happen at all?
Because if you ingest it, you digest the sugars pretty quickly then the NaHCO3 is converted into salt, water and a bit of CO2 before it has chance to be absorbed into the blood.
EDIT: Cancer doesn't thrive in an acidic environment, it thrives in the same environment as normal cells.
Cancer does produce local acidification though as a by-product from its metabolism but this is quickly neutralised.
Maybe that's where you're getting confused...

Cancer isn't a fungus.
He didn't actually cure anyone.
He harmed quite a few though and killed at least one.
He was convicted of fraud & manslaughter.
archiviostorico.corriere.it...

Aah, the big pharma conspiracy.
From someone who has never worked in medicine and is talking out of their exhaust.
What your conspiracy theory fails to take into consideration is that apart from what I said at the top of this post about the potential money from a cure but the fact that the owners and board members of "big pharma", oncologists and cancer researchers will all have had family or close friends succumb to cancer.
Do you really think that they would suppress a cure which could have saved them?
Really?

edit on 24/8/15 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/8/15 by Pardon? because: Added a sentence.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Apparently Baking soda and Lemon Juice can also work wonders regrading Cancer, but just like Cannabis cannot be patented hence is of little or no interest simply because there is no monies to be had from a cure.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Apparently Baking soda and Lemon Juice can also work wonders regrading Cancer, but just like Cannabis cannot be patented hence is of little or no interest simply because there is no monies to be had from a cure.

No they can't.
But they still could be patented if they were effective. Or rather their method of administration could be patented.

So that quashes another tired old trope.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

How would one go about patenting what amounts to plants and salt that have been around and in use for as long as we have? Would that particular ship not have sailed sometime ago?

edit on 24-8-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

How would one go about patenting what amounts to plants and salt that have been around and in use for as long as we have? Would that particular ship not have sailed sometime ago?

Did you miss the part where I said they could patent the method of administration or patent it for a specific therapy?

The bicarb is useless so that's moot but what about extracting a specific chemical from the plants and patenting that?
Or making a synthetic version of said chemical?
Here's one for your plant.
Patent for Extraction

So hopefully, that's that patent nonsense put to rest.

edit on 24/8/15 by Pardon? because: Updated link

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

It depends on the chemo - Some do and some don't. My immune system was already faltering as a result of the cancer - the chemo cocktail they used targeted specific cancer cells and as a result brought my immune system back up. That's not to say that it didn't have effects upon my body, but different drugs have different mechanisms of action.

Some of the latest breakthroughs in research involve using reengineered virus to stimulate the immune system into attacking the cancer. They are having very promising results so far...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join