It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis oil cured my bowel cancer, claims father, 33, 'given just 18 months to live'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There are sooo many different uses for the cannibus plant... Does anyone know, by what method was cannibus oil administered to cure this man of cancer?

I'm not surprised the officials are saying there is no evidence that it helps. They would have to do a proper study in order to produce some evidence, and they refuse to do that! They are failing to do their duty to explore every possible avenue of treatment for these people suffering from cancer. They would rather recommend deadly radiation treatments rather than even suggest, or find out for themselves, if the comparitively harmless cannibus plant can help...
edit on 8/20/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
In response to Krazysh0t's thread I created this petition to remove marijuana from Schedule 1 status:
Petition
It's not for all out legalization, just removal from the highest level of restriction so that it can actually be researched.

Please take a minute to sign it. Then take another minute to post it to social media or send an e-mail to all your contacts. I think even the most conservative folks can agree that it shouldn't be in the same group as heroin, or be considered worse than coc aine. And common sense dictates that there are several medical conditions it could be used to treat. As one member on the first page pointed out- being on chemo (sorry to hear that by the way) it's very important to keep your strength up, at least MJ could help give those patients an appetite.

Now, obviously this is only good for the states. So if you're in the UK or another country, start a petition there.

Everybody complains about how ridiculous this ban is, be a little more vocal about your complaining. Maybe one day they'll listen!
* But this IS a conspiracy theory site, so you know that big pharma will pay the politicians to plug their ears.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Of course they'll say that "there's no good evidence". There's too much money to be lost if there was. I wonder if there's been an independent study on it.

It's near impossible for anyone- independent or not- to study because of the 'dangerous' nature of the DEA Schedule 1. Anyone wanting to research it has to jump through all sorts of crazy hoops and only get it from certain dispensaries, etc.

It's a Schedule 1 because it has no medicinal benefit. No one can research it to see if it has medicinal benefit because it's Schedule 1.

Makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Not talking about personal use here... .... ..... But I highly recommend everybody flood their body with cbn. I hear its extremely recommended

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Yep. Makes perfect sense. What better way to make sure that no real research gets done.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Im very pro marijuana so please dont misunderstand me. But he was on chemotherapy while using the marijuana. Marijuana helps the person cope with the horrific side effects of chemo very effectively. I do understand that certain cannabinoids have shown anti seizure and anti cancer effects but only at extremely high doses. I question whether or not a gram of oil a month would have any significant effect. Im surprised that was adequate for his chemo side effects. Im glad he is better and i promote cannabis use for tons of reasons. I hope it continues to help people. a reply to: alienjuggalo

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It is incredibly beneficial but only at extreme doses. And last i got was 45 a gram at 250mg of cbd. And i read tons of reports of hemp companies lying about quality. Then found out i would need around 2500 mg to have true medicinal benefit. So until that stuff is cheaper im doomed. And i just realized you said CBN instead of CBD. I must admit i havent studied cbn in the least bit. a reply to: BASSPLYR

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jbowenh

like I said flood the body .... .... "hypothetically"

not that I would know but i heard it does wonderous things. supposedly its like a super anti inflammatory.

edit on 20-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Extreme emphasis on FLOOD.
Hypothetically.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470 the thing is , even if it doesn't cure the cancer, but helps people eat through their chemo, then that is justification for its use. There are no other prescribed medicines that give people an appetite, normally having pills sitting on the stomach, reduces appetite. So if it just helps increase appetite to help you get through the chemo, then surely it's worth it?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I have heard about the healing abilities of cannabis too. Big pharma doesn't like this fact. They are lobbying against it!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

There is no doubt that cannabis has some medical applications-that is pretty much set in stone.

However this sets a dangerous precedent-If one man can be 'cured' of an ailment then that could allow for the notion that a number of ailments like MS or Spina bifida could also be cured and news like this could give sufferers of those maladies false hope.

Marijuana is a remedy, not a cure. Marijuana cannot reverse the effects of a paralyzing stroke or paraplegia from a car crash and it it not a good idea to suggest that it can reverse previous ailments.

edit on 21-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't doubt this one bit and those who do haven't done very much research on cannabinoids. They are very rich in anti-inflammatory properties among other things and big pharma CANNOT have that!

We are moving to Colorado very soon. I don't use/smoke cannabis myself because I do not like how it makes me feel. But I definitely 100% support legalization, especially for medical use.

I have a non-healing weird spot on my leg and I cannot get to go away no matter what. Docs are baffled as to what it is/why it will not go away.

I am going to look into using the cannabinoid rich oils/products to heal it once we move. If/when I do this I will have to make a thread about the results...It does wonders for wound healing based on the research I have done and I am eager to find out if it will help me!
edit on 21-8-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

There is no doubt that cannabis has some medical applications-that is pretty much set in stone.

However this sets a dangerous precedent-If one man can be 'cured' of an ailment then that could allow for the notion that a number of ailments like MS or Spina bifida could also be cured and news like this could give sufferers of those maladies false hope.

Marijuana is a remedy, not a cure. Marijuana cannot reverse the effects of a paralyzing stroke or paraplegia from a car crash and it it not a good idea to suggest that it can reverse previous ailments.

People don't acuire Spina Bifida, they are born with it. More girls than boys, same with MS. I wonder the effects it would have on Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy which only affects males...

It's beyond time to get this off the Schedule I list so that WIDESPREAD peer-reviewed medical research can commence!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You're right. It's not a miracle drug. And in the case of the OP, how much did the chemotherapy have to play in the remission of the cancer?

But...
It does have medicinal benefits. As Woodwardjnr pointed out, at the very least it can help cancer patients gain an appetite. [snipped]
edit on Fri Aug 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I wonder what method of consumption is employed?

Did he just smoke it?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I remember hearing about this man a while ago.

It seems that he was actually told he would have between 18 months and 5 years to live, not just 18 months.
And that was told to him in 2012.
Oncologists will give you a range, never a specific time and that range can be open-ended. There's no real expiry on it.
He's also had surgery, radiotherapy and chemo to treat his cancer.

Yet he puts it down to cannabis oil with little or no evidence to support it.
Does "the bloke" he gets it off make it in exactly the same way every single time?
Does he know (and I mean really know) that it's 100% pure oil or is it tainted with something else?
Is it that "something else" which is helping and not the oil or is it a combination of both?
Is he having exactly the same oil every time?
What dose and how often?
Is there anything else which he's consciously or unconsciously changed since being diagnosed?

Without knowing ALL of the facts rather than gleaning what's posted on a sensationalist "news" website it would be foolish at the very least to suggest that there's a specific reason for his remission, if indeed that's what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he's stumbled onto a miracle cure but my spider-sense is tingling here.
edit on 21/8/15 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I never suggested people acquired Spina Bifida; I was suggesting that cannabis is not a cure for it or similar maladies and it is not wise to consider cannabis as a cure when in reality it is a remedy.

edit on 21-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

I wonder what method of consumption is employed?

Did he just smoke it?
In the video he said he put a small blob under his tongue each day. Having used a similar oil, that's about all you can probably handle, any more in one dose and you'll probably be hiding under the bed, digesting mJ is a totally different experience to smoking it. It can hit you like a train, I hear.
edit on 21-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join