It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manspreading Should Be a Constitutional Right

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Where i come from, onlookers would take care of a pregnant lady needing a seat.

A good ass whooping really did havr social value. Its what kept freedoms in check on a social context

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

An ass whooping will wind you up in jail in New York.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
I would say that most people still are.
We just have some that are not, just like in your day.
Sorry that people take this right to be an asshole we always talk about to seriously.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: beezzer
I would say that most people still are.
We just have some that are not, just like in your day.
Sorry that people take this right to be an asshole we always talk about to seriously.

The nation has gone full retard.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
If you are ok with that, then you are an asshole.

I'm not OK with that, but I am also not of the opinion that we need to start issuing fines and tickets to people just because they're assholes. That may very well be because I am absolutely an asshole myself.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well Texas doesn't have any cities the size of nor the scale of New York. Plus Texas is mostly white or Mexican. New York is a mix of everything.

...I see we've never heard of Houston, Texas... Only an asshole would say that Houston is not a mix of everything and every bit the scale of NYC.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The nation has gone full retard.

Please Beez, PC decorum. It's "The nation has gone full special. Everybody knows you never go full special. Dustin Hoffman in Rain man. Look special, act special, not special. You don't wanna be accused of manspecialing, my special friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Houston is nowhere NEAR the size of New York. Try again. The closest city in the south to New York is Atlanta.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If you want to manspread, do it in your own seat. When you ride a bus/train, you pay for ONE seat. If you want to spread your legs to where it's taking up another seat, then you should have to pay for it.

edit on 20-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Houston is nowhere NEAR the size of New York. Try again. The closest city in the south to New York is Atlanta.

Uh, did you happen to check that before posting it? Houston, Tx is the 4th most populous city in the United States. If you take metropolitan area, Houston/Sugar Land is 5th and Dallas/Ft Worth/Arlington is 4th.

Atlanta is the 39th largest city in the US and the Atlanta/Roswell metro area is 9th, but a million shy of Houston metro.

You'd have been better served leaving Atlanta off your comment because it shows a lack of awareness of just how huge some Texican metro areas are. I've never been to New York (thankfully). I've been all over Texas, quaint little state that it is compared to the land mass of Alaska (BFFT, that zinger was just for you
) and I can honestly say that, with the exception of the hour and a half stretch between Sam Houston National Forest and Ennis, Texas, the 360 mile coridoor between Galveston and Denton is the densest mass of population I have ever seen. If you were to draw a triangle from Houston to Dallas to San Antonio, you'd have roughly the same area as New York State and has roughly the same population as all of New York State. It may not feature NYC's vertical growth construction, but it sure as hell makes up for it in terms of sprawl.

I'd also argue that the population of Houston is every bot as diverse as anywhere else in America, including NYC. Houston is an extremely diverse metropolis.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

An ass whooping will wind you up in jail in New York.

I know. Like i said: they lost their damned minds.

People wantt o lay the blame for "the state of our culture" at the feet of everything from heavy metal to twitter. I think the truth is more along the lines of folks just don't feel like they are accountable to anyone else.

An ass whooping changes that feeling of accountability, however. If we want a polite and civil society, we need to take off the kid gloves again. It is ridiculous to admit that there aren't some situations where a sock in the nose wouldn't solve the problem far better (and cheaper) than calling 9-1-1

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This lack of fact checking is unusual for you, my friend.

www.infoplease.com...

In 10 years time, the Austin/San Antonio metroplex will make NYC look puny by comparison. They are still growing to meet in the middle, and swallowing up smaller cities as well. 10 years ago a drive from San Antonio to Austin was mostly empty interstate. Now it just bleeds straight from San Antonio to Selma to New Braunfels to San Marcos, etc, etc. Its just one big metro that hasn't completely joined up yet. As it stands now, they are already far larger than Atlanta.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
If you want to manspread, do it in your own seat. When you ride a bus/train, you pay for ONE seat. If you want to spread your legs to where it's taking up another seat, then you should have to pay for it.

Then issue a bill for the trip. but don't make it criminal. Thats just insane.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have a condition known as iliotibial band syndrome chronically. I do everything I'm supposed to for it, but it hurts a great deal when sitting for prolonged periods if I don't relax my outer thighs and this causes me to "manspread." I don't want to take up more than my fair share of space on the bus or train. I really don't. I try my best not to. But I'm a large guy and I can't help having this medical condition.

Add to this the fact that I suffer from debilitating social anxiety disorder, and transit rides become a horrible nightmare for me as I'm constantly self conscious about things like this.

What should people like me do? Just not ride the bus/train? (Sometimes I actually will do just that - walk - because I'm afraid of this situation arising and what people will think about it.)

I'm not insensitive to the issue. I just think people need to remember that sometimes there are reasons for it.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
I have a condition known as iliotibial band syndrome chronically. I do everything I'm supposed to for it, but it hurts a great deal when sitting for prolonged periods if I don't relax my outer thighs and this causes me to "manspread." I don't want to take up more than my fair share of space on the bus or train. I really don't. I try my best not to. But I'm a large guy and I can't help having this medical condition.

Add to this the fact that I suffer from debilitating social anxiety disorder, and transit rides become a horrible nightmare for me as I'm constantly self conscious about things like this.

What should people like me do? Just not ride the bus/train? (Sometimes I actually will do just that - walk - because I'm afraid of this situation arising and what people will think about it.)

I'm not insensitive to the issue. I just think people need to remember that sometimes there are reasons for it.

Peace.

Folks...this is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Sure....he's the exception to the rule. Tell him that.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04

I have a dream.
I have a dream that one day my afflicted brothers will not be judged by the amount of seating space their knees and thighs take up in an effort to sit comfortably.
I have a dream that one day it will be acknowledged that, though men and women are philosophically equal, there are biological differences which create natural inequalities in space taken up while seated.
I have a dream that my son can grow up in a world where his comfort matters just as much as everyone else's and, when his testicles require some space to breath, the motives of his spreading will not be questioned.
I have a dream today! A dream of a nation with additional widths incorporated into group seating to accommodate not only those of us who sit with our knees akimbo, but even our broad seated brothers and sisters whose wide asses challenge even the breadth of the farthest spreading man.
I have a dream today that when we reach the Promised Land we will find our glorious Lord seated on a throne of gold and ivory, surrounded by angels, and with his knees spread apart like a boss.
edit on 20-8-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If you feel the need to manspread...

then at least do it right:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I really hope this doesn't end up being a real issue, it is definitely too silly to worry about.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
All those folks that say you pay for a seat with the transit fare, you are wrong. The seat is a bonus, if you get on the bus/subway at a time when not crowded. You pay for the Tansit, or ride, from point A to point B. That is all. just the ride.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

How can you have a polite society where people can go around beating on other people for any supposed grievances? What is and isn't considered polite varies from person to person. It's not like it's set in stone. Some things ARE obvious, like manspreading, but others are less so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join