It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manspreading Should Be a Constitutional Right

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

... So people that get handicapped placards and what not are forced by the mob to disclose 'embarrassing' conditions?
Or do they just know they need extra accommodation and go the proper route.
Please, you are taking that line of thought to its extreme.

Why does that individual have more of a right to be comfortable then me?
Since we are talking about the rights of the individual here.
It is a two way street if you want want to start this.

What if it is a subway full of people with medical conditions, who gets to sit down?
Since we are playing the what if games.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

But she is in a handicapped spot!

You are right, if the person is in the spot with the proper paperwork or what have you we have no right to question them.

That isn't what this is about.

We are talking the people in just the normal seating.

edit on thThu, 20 Aug 2015 13:18:58 -0500America/Chicago820155880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You know if it was SUCH a big issue, they DO have handicapped seats that people can sit in for that very reason. And it IS a ticket-able offense to not give up a handicapped seat to someone who needs to use it.

My mom has lost 3 disks in her lower back, and has a handicapped plate for her truck. But since she doesn't get wheeled into the store on a gurney, people have still questioned her in the parking lot ("You don't LOOK handicapped").

So, once again, the solution is to force people to disclose confidential and embarassing medical information just to keep the mob from lynching them?

Well the handicapped tag is all one needs to prove they should be in a handicapped spot regardless of if they look handicapped or not. Any officer coming to a scene involving your mother getting into a dispute over that spot would side with her since she has every right to park there and it's none of those passerby's business what her problem actually is.

You are trying to equate people being nosy assholes with the law here. It's two different things.

What country am I in again??? You mean we have laws forcing courteousness now???

You are REALLY making a big deal out of an issue that MAY pop up every now and then hidden inside a much larger issue of people just wanting to be inconsiderate.

By the way, the subway is public transportation. Since everyone pays taxes, everyone has equal right to ride the train as comfortable as possible and NOT at the expense of others.

Like I said, if it is a REALLY big deal that the person has to spread their legs so far apart every time they sit down because of medical issues, there are special seats available just for them. They have no excuse if they are sitting in any other seat though.
edit on 20-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I know I'll get in trouble for saying this, but all thighs matter.

There.

Got that off my chest.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

... So people that get handicapped placards and what not are forced by the mob to disclose 'embarrassing' conditions?
Or do they just know they need extra accommodation and go the proper route.
Please, you are taking that line of thought to its extreme.

Why does that individual have more of a right to be comfortable then me?
Since we are talking about the rights of the individual here.
It is a two way street if you want want to start this.

What if it is a subway full of people with medical conditions, who gets to sit down?
Since we are playing the what if games.

Then if the subway wants people to be comfortable, it is encumbent on them to provide seating.

I am not taking this to an extreme. HIPPA is very clear on what you can be forced to disclose and what is to be maintained as private. The rest of the country has to abide by HIPPA. MTA is not an exception.
edit on 8/20/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So if I wear my placard around my neck then I can manspread and all is good?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am making a big deal because I see correlation.

In the 30's, when pot was outlawed, it was because of this type of mob mentality. Everyone nodded in quiet agreement. Agreed it was "necessary".

Tyranny is tyranny. Even when you agree with it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
So if I wear my placard around my neck then I can manspread and all is good?

Right. You get to go through the indignity of having to wear your big, scarlet letter for the whole world to see just so you can ride the subway unencumbered.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Actually, the public at large didn't believe that pot should be made illegal. The propaganda campaign from notorious asshole Harry Anslinger SPECIFICALLY targeted Congressional members because he knew that he'd never be able to get the public on his side. So he figured, convince government first, then he could use government resources to convince the public at large.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

But she is in a handicapped spot!

You are right, if the person is in the spot with the proper paperwork or what have you we have no right to question them.

That isn't what this is about.

We are talking the people in just the normal seating.

So there is a handicap seat. Do i need to have a permit to use it? Or can anyone use it, and then just claim they are somehow affected? What is the control on that seat? If i hobble in, barely able to walk because of Cerebral Palsy, and see some dude just kind of sitting there with no obvious sign of ailment...who controls the use of handicap seating by people without ailment?

What if the handicap seat is already taken?

Wouldn't it be easier to not make a law about this, than to cover the "what ifs", including the violation of the constitutional right to medical privacy?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So your entire position is people should be able to do what ever they want because they might have a medical condition that we can't ask them about...
And you wonder why people sneer at your mother.

Because that line of thought paves the way for abuse of why he have the handicap options.
If you need extra room because of a condition, you go through the proper channels and you won't need to disclose what you don't want.

People who pay for a seat should be able to get a seat, that is how it works.
I know for a fact you are for people getting what they paid for, surprising you are so for someone taking more then what they paid for.
All in the foundation that they might have some medical issue.

Are you even willing to discuss this from the stand point of someone without a medical condition?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Is that different from your hashtag spread thighs matter?

Because you said that on the previous page.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Are you even willing to discuss this from the stand point of someone without a medical condition?

Which is the real issue and is likely 90%+ of the cases involving manspreading.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Where i come from, we don't involve the law in personal disputes such as that. There is talking it out, and when that fails there is an ass whooping.

For the most part, i read that headline and shook my head at the crazy notions that city folk conjure up. I mean, in my travels on MTA there are seats, and there are bars to hold on to. And it was typical that all seats were occupied anyway. Since we are talking about a 20 minute ride, i wouludn't have seen no reason to even make issue out of it.
edit on 8/20/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly, people who have medical issues that need any extra accommodation know how to achieve it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Is that different from your hashtag spread thighs matter?

Because you said that on the previous page.

#AllThighsMatter

Not just spread thighs.

And I'm being silly because making this illegal is silly.

Being polite was once the norm, now it's as rare as a diet coke in Michael Moore's refrigerator.

So we make "laws" to compensate for a societal retardation.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Where i come from, we don't involve the law in personal disputes such as that. There is talking it out, and when that fails there is an ass whooping.

Well Texas doesn't have any cities the size of nor the scale of New York. Plus Texas is mostly white or Mexican. New York is a mix of everything. Disputes go down QUITE a bit differently in NY than where you are from. You should know that.

For the most part, i read that headline and shook my head at the crazy notions that city folk conjure up. I mean, in my travels on MTA there are seats, and there are bars to hold on to. And it was typical that all seats were occupied anyway. Since we are talking about a 20 minute ride, i wouludn't have seen no reason to even make issue out of it.

So because you don't care that you have to stand while someone takes up two seats without needing to, that makes it ok and no ONE else should speak up about it? I guess that pregnant woman who got on the subway right after you should stand her ass up too huh?
edit on 20-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That is your choice to not make an issue of it, one that I don't necessarily disagree with.

But if someone does want to take a seat and asks a man that wants to have his legs spread eagle for some reason, that guy shouldn't call the freaking whambulance about it.
And that goes for any one that is taking up more then one seat.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

What is ticketable is the taking up the extra seat.

Just like when you go to sports game, one ticket=one seat.
Or any sort of venue that has seating.

I don't get what is so confusing about that.

I know you guys are all about making sure you get what you pay for.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Back in my day, we were polite when we rode the subway.

Now we're forced to because society has gone "full retard".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join