It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the next round of upgrades and improvements to ATS... Mobile first...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The black/grey option is by far the favored option of ATS users (see my poll thread on the question: www.abovetopsecret.com... ). Please make it the preferred option if there is one. And it really should be the way unsigned-in readers see the site too, given the poll results, for optimum enjoyment.

I hope this doesn't change the way laptop screens view the site, and most of all, along with the dark option, please keep the old pictures stored and viewable on theads. The Mars anomalies thread may actually be a historical record of the early years of exploration of the planet as well as the possible discovery of lifeform fossils on Mars. Thanks. Good luck on the transitions.

That thread is the certified truth of the matter.

Just thinking about the white screen gives me a headache.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

When I have to resign in to ATS everyone in a while and I get that white screen I just can't imagine browsing in that.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Oh man it's going to suck if we're stuck with only the dark option. I suppose I can always just use my laptop and realize I'm in the minority so understand if that's the way it goes.

I can't do the dark version. Seriously, it's not for me.

You're so special to me right now.
edit on 1920150820151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It might also be a good idea to have the 'my ats' button not redirect to your dev environment. This has happened to me a few times.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Tsubaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I've done so a few times* logged out.

During the day*...

But after a long day, chilling with the lights off & hoping to have a good read, that white is not an option.

If it was a little greyer I could understand, but I don't know why anyone would want to put their eyes through that for too long.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

No domo!
Come to the dark side!!!

How can you do the light version?!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
ah i just posted this.. ok i have prehistoric version of Iphone updates so it can easily be just that.. please don’t laugh.. I am apple clueless.. but this is how my U2U looks when I use it
Or in general reply it looks like this.. still easier then pm but.. but like I said it might be just my old school phone. just showing how it looks.. Honestly I couldn’t care less.. I am only scared my fingers will fall of soon from holding my phone non stop being here

edit on 20-8-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

originally posted by: AboveBoard
This may already be fixed - being able to subscribe to a thread without posting. I cannot currently do that on mobile and I don't like posting a "placeholder" to be able to follow a thread.

Glad you are doing the upgrades! I use my mobile a lot and this will definitely help me!

Thanks,

- AB

Yes, this. Please.

being able to subscribe to a thread without posting on mobile
My subscribe on my phone.. strange ( it has been like that since I've joined.. March15)
not sure why the rest of the quote is not showing

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Please feel free to tell me I am stupid and then educate me where it is, but I would really love a post history (of my posts) so I can click on and go to the last post I have put in a thread.

Some threads are monsters and it is really frustrating to try and find where you last left off so you can catch up on all the rabble since you last contributed. The replies option sort of works but only if someone replies to you directly.

Oh and PS, please keep the dark option. I would simply stop using ATS if we only had the light option - it gives me migraine headaches.
(You can all lobby for the light option and get the champagne ready for my departure now
)
edit on 20-8-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

It looks like you're browsing the full site, and not the mobile version, on your mobile device. I'll take a screen grab and post what my version looks like.

Edit to add:

Here's a screen grab of the opening of this thread as it appears to me on my mobile device.

On Android, using Chrome, there is an option to "Request desktop site" second from the bottom. Is there a menu option like that for iOS? If so, perhaps you have that set as default.

edit on 8/20/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response... And here's a suggestion. Just do away with the mandatory edit tags, such as this. I think a handful of people, including myself, are the only ones who actually bother to fill them out. I mean, I actually like it, but it's a feature that almost no one actually implements and isn't really enforced either. And with the size and scope of ATS, I completely understand why it isn't enforced; too many other things going on that take priority. So, why not just do away with it?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

yes I have the desktop version on

I ll switch see if it still does it

thank u for your reply

can't be bothered figuring things like this
I give up.. can't keep up
I am doing the Olivia from now on tired from
shoppin 4spinach

I edit here
I am sure u are right
lol sorry for talkin nonsense .. my box needed to release I owe u one replacement fuse

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

2h later .. only I

yes this looks so neat

then yes only the subscribe

I had it like that the entire time

I replied about the edit window lost it I've dropped my phone as I hit the reply

I was thinking there could be also some basic icons for that one.. I am sure a few repeat

grammar
additional info
autocorrect
and so on can't think right now

My English I end up finding mistakes after 5th edit.. secret if no one was looking.. I even delete a few so I am not seen as the linguisticly impaired one !

I admit I love but when I catch a good one. the randomness sometimes even better than the main reply

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Please feel free to tell me I am stupid and then educate me where it is, but I would really love a post history (of my posts) so I can click on and go to the last post I have put in a thread.

There's a post history on your profile. The half-circle icon on the top line takes you to the thread page of your profile, and another icon gives you the option of going to your posts. (The options in your mini-profile also include "posts")
Since the post history is arranged from the most recent backwards, you just have to scroll down to the first-appearing post in the thread which interests you. That will automatically be your last post in that thread.
Clicking on it will open it up, and you can then scroll down the rest of the thread.
edit on 20-8-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Please, please, PLEASE don't take away the desktop option. I prefer it to the mobile look.

I do love seeing the avatars
especially when I am just in the mood for reading
they change the entire vibe
especially when you guys are offline but your avatars are still looking

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Might I suggest a downloadable interactive app, I'm not literate when it comes to understanding programming, but I think it could solve some problems, if its a task to be reckoned with then disregard.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

originally posted by: Restricted
Please, please, PLEASE don't take away the desktop option. I prefer it to the mobile look.

I do love seeing the avatars
especially when I am just in the mood for reading
they change the entire vibe
especially when you guys are offline but your avatars are still looking

Same here. I like to see the avatars.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Is this the cause for the ungodly lag?

It is completely pointless for me to us ats on my mobile right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

No lag for me on mobile. Are you using the desktop or mobile version of the site?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Do you use the desktop option on your phone?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Chickensalad

No lag for me on mobile. Are you using the desktop or mobile version of the site?

The only site lag I have ever experienced is waiting for advert renderings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join