It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the next round of upgrades and improvements to ATS... Mobile first...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

To my knowledge, the only ATS app is the ATS Live app which can only be used to listen to ATS Live and not to actually browse the site. I could be wrong, but that's the only thing that comes up for me on Android.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

3) Swipe Detection (phone only) -- Swiping to the right will take you backwards in your browsing history on the site. Swiping to the left within a thread will take you to the next page of a thread. 10%.

Omg I swipe on this site on my phone all the time!

Great news, I spend a lot of my time on mobile, which I find easy enough as it is but improvements is always good.
Well maybe not always, but I would rather it be tried!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Was wondering if there's an ATS app to download and found one but wasn't sure if it was just for reading or interacting with threads, the description kind of threw me off. If anyone knows the answer, it would be helpful. And I have a Nokia Lumia, windows phone, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Really hope we could keep the light/dark option.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Mostly use mobile version so yea keep up the good work!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Does that mean it will be the white background only?

Because I can't stand it.

It is too bright.

I prefer the darkside.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I find the current mobile skin is cumbersome to navigate from pages to forums etc.

I am unconcerned about avatars in mobil usage.

If we are talking about an app, notifications on my phone would be awsome.

Navigation is my biggest issue atm.

Currently using desktop on my phone for this reason.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You had me with everything until

Things you may lose in the new mobile site: mobile avatars, desktop mode option, light/dark option.

Honestly taking away the light/dark option. is a killer for me.

I typically cruise the ATS forum when I go to bed. While my wife can fall asleep at a moments notice I on the other hand take a bit to relax before hitting the hay.

Your ATS dark option is a big factor on why I primarily stay solely on ATS during my nightly ritual. Besides the content , the dark option makes it easy on my eyes when the lights are off in the room and my wife is asleep.

I know that firefox and other mobil browser have addons to enable and disable a dark themes but rarely are they reliable or consistently effective.

Out of curiosity are you able to detect the percentage of users that have the dark option enabled on mobile devices after 10pm?

I know I'm just one user, but for me its a great feature to have on my mobile. I would be willing to give up some performance to keep that feature.

edit on 05831America/ChicagoWed, 19 Aug 2015 21:05:32 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Very excited for easier uploading. It can be a bear to deal with on mobile. I probably do about 75% of my browsing on mobile and about 50% of my posts. Browsing (and therefore posting) on mobile right now, actually. That was going to be my primary suggestion until I saw it in the list.

Don't get rid of the much loathed white background! While it may not be very popular, I can't go back to the dark background! That goes for both mobile and desktop browsing.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

" you do not know the power of the dark side of ATS-" saint in lord Vader's voice.

The white just kills my eyes, even if I turn my brightness all the way down at night.

I really can't do it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I used to think the same thing. Then I tried it for awhile, mostly because I accidentally clicked over to it and didn't know how to change it back.

Eventually I became enlightened.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The black/grey option is by far the favored option of ATS users (see my poll thread on the question: www.abovetopsecret.com... ). Please make it the preferred option if there is one. And it really should be the way unsigned-in readers see the site too, given the poll results, for optimum enjoyment.

I hope this doesn't change the way laptop screens view the site, and most of all, along with the dark option, please keep the old pictures stored and viewable on theads. The Mars anomalies thread may actually be a historical record of the early years of exploration of the planet as well as the possible discovery of lifeform fossils on Mars. Thanks. Good luck on the transitions.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

The white just kills my eyes, even if I turn my brightness all the way down at night. I really can't do it.

Agreed, especially at night in bed. The Dark theme in ATS is great and easy on the eyes.

If option to choose must go away than hopefully they will keep the Dark theme as its easier in the eyes and IMO it goes better with a conspiracy themes.

Plus #blackthemesmatter

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How about Tapatalk integration?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I'm pretty sure the platform ATS runs on is a one-off at the very least and it wouldn't be compatible with the Tapatalk plug in. I may be speaking out of turn on that one though.

However, some sort of dedicated app for browsing would be pretty nifty. ATS is pretty much the only website I actually go to on mobile.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I agree with this. The white background makes this site unbearable.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
The white just kills my eyes, even if I turn my brightness all the way down at night.

I can't do the dark version. Seriously, it's not for me.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
How about Tapatalk integration?

I tried that. The cost of a custom API for our unique technology was simply not worth it.

And, for content, Apps are dead. Mobile web is the way to go.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Does that mean it will be the white background only?

Because I can't stand it.

It is too bright.

I prefer the darkside.

Me too, the light is ridiculous!

I don't get how you can do the light version SO!
Please don't take that away from mobile

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Thanks Overlord .

How about full range of posting tools on the Mobile version ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join