It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Gay Lobby Group in America Urges Schools to Ban Words ‘Boy’ and ‘Girl’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Perhaps we can just start addressing each other as "comrade" and be done with it.

Why comrade?

Don't answer, I know exactly why you said that.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
HAHA WELCOME TO SWEDEN!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, beezzer has a valid point. The 7 bathroom is always disgusting.
Actually, intrepid does bring up an interesting issue. Why does the sexual identity movement (LGBTQ ABC123) insist on their own niche labels, but shun labeling at the same time? It seems kind of silly, actually. I use labels to self-identify. Like 'human', and 'male' and 'heterosexual', because they are technically accurate. Calling a boy a boy, and a girl a girl is not innately harmful. It is merely stating fact.

Now, categorizing boys as 'this', and girls as 'that' may not be beneficial for some children, and I don't personally believe in trying to impress gender stereotypes on children. But there absolutely is a physiological difference between the sexes.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EKron

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: EKron

Yes, there are kids who identify in other ways, so why take away all identity? I thought we were supposed to make it safe for them to identify NOT make the world a place where no one can.

I don't see how this takes away identifying with anything? What it does take away is being identified as something by someone else based on external perceptions while discounting an individual's self-identification.

Maybe I don't understand your point?

Because if you ban the words boy and girl, your kid cannot identify. So your little boy who identifies as a girl ... can't. My boy who identifies as a boy ... can't.

You are effectively trying to remove gender and social engineer identification out of the equation.

link   
a reply to: beezzer

I don't want division.

The recommendation isn't encouraging division.

Actually, it's doing the opposite.

Today, I'm in the group of students wearing green.

Tomorrow, I'm in the group with black hair.

Next week, I'll be in the group that brought their lunch.

Some groups are the same, some are different, and differences are okay.

Is that a bad thing to help kids understand?

link   
I guess they should all go to the same bathroom and shower in gym class together as well?

I would have been all for that in High school..

link   
How would this even be possible.... Lol.

You give gay people a voice, and this is what they do with it. Smh
edit on 18-8-2015 by Eye4NeyE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: beezzer

I don't want division.

The recommendation isn't encouraging division.

Actually, it's doing the opposite.

Today, I'm in the group of students wearing green.

Tomorrow, I'm in the group with black hair.

Next week, I'll be in the group that brought their lunch.

Some groups are the same, some are different, and differences are okay.

Is that a bad thing to help kids understand?

If you want to keep people separate, first you have to give them a label, so you can separate.

I don't see how this is anything BUT division.

But hey, I don't have a child in public school. We home-school to avoid all this craziness.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah.
Cause my body is physically female.
I know it's just a transport carrier for my brain.
I'm cool with that.
Being a chick has advantages and disadvantages, but I learned to make it work.

But I wasn't raised in the era of internet.

I have some sense of reason left.

These kids today don't have anything but the internet, their social sites, their selfies...it's become a world where personal identity and public acceptance of oneself as a marketable commodity is priority one.

Of course these kids are going to milk their 15 minutes for all it's worth.
The media sees the "voice of a generation" and exploits it for views, comments and a pulse of the modern opinion on "hot topic issues".

That's just the way the media works.

It's a fashion! It's a trend!
It's a progressive movement like the 1960's!
Remember those days Bob?
I do.
Only then it weren't as weird.
Those kiddos must have eaten some strange brownies.
Crap.
The end is nigh.
We must be gettin' old.

That's a separate issue entirely, but I'm sure you catch the gist of what I'm getting at.

edit on 8/18/15 by GENERAL EYES because: Once you pop you just can't stop.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
As a conservative Republican I am disgusted by the Lbgt attempt at tips. The only tips that deserve to be given out are tips on how to worship Jesus Christ and not be gay. I am also free to state my own tips here on the Internet regardless of how irrational they are.

This just proves that the communist gays are always what I always imagine them to be. Depraved individuals willing to destroy the American way of life. Think of what would happen if George Washington identified as a girl? Not such a good idea now, is it!?

Listen , my point is things should never ever change I have always been right about everything.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I keep wondering why the rich haven't gotten around to raping me yet. Am I not dressing nicely enough?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZenTam
I'm gay and I even think this is stupid. I don't even like being lumped into the LGBT community. Being gay is not all of who I am, its not my total identity. I don't always agree with what they are pushing.

Yeah, I'm gay as well. I've argued for years that it doesn't make any difference, although I know it does in some ways.

I've tried to get people to stop adopting their personality traits from Will and Grace and Queer as Folk.

But humans are mimics, and it's really none of my business anyway.

No group speaks "for me" per se, either, but the HRC, in this case, is addressing the reality that some kids face.

That's what they do. That's why they exist. They have the right to assemble and speak freely. Don't they?

Again, I don't see the issue.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
OP is over the top absurd... they are just tips for not being so dogmatic with gender like with dolls and the color pink for girls and footballs and the color blue for boys. Also not segregating by gender is just all around smart as it just creates unnecessary resentments. "Mr. So and So ALWAYS calls the boys first!"

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar
I hope you realize the Jesus in the new testament had communist ideals.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Yeah.
Cause my body is a female.

That's my point. A means of identification. We are what we are. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Eye4NeyE

What? I certainly hope that you realize that this is not nearly the only thing 'gay people' have done with their 'voice'.
And nobody gave them a voice!
We have just become mature enough as a society to start listening to it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eye4NeyE
How would this even be possible.... Lol.

You give gay people a voice, and this is what they do with it. Smh

Do you regret "giving gay people a voice" then?

What solution do you favor?

Forget for a second that you're talking about Americans who have just as many rights and privileges as you do.

Go ahead, tell us what you'd like to see in your ideal world, and how "being gay" relates to how kids are grouped together in school.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: jude11

You guys really need to drop the word "ban" from your lexicon until you go reread what it actually means. No one is pushing a ban in your article. They are suggestions for readers to make your time at school easier and happier for all. No one is FORCING anyone not to say anything, nor is anyone suggesting that it be forced.

HRC’s Welcoming Schools has compiled a list of tips to help start the school year. It’s easy to create a classroom where students aren’t limited based on gender stereotypes and where all students can reach their full potential this year.

I don't know about any of you, but I normally don't equate the word "tips" with "ban".

BTW, it's the title of the article. We are to use the actual title on ATS. Or should that change to make it more PC?

"1. Avoid Using Gender to Divide and Address Students"

Nice way to say we want it banned isn't it?

Jude

Um... I don't see the word "banned" or "ban" in that title. YOU specifically inserted the word ban into the discussion. Again, the article CLEARLY says that these are just tips or suggestions and no one is declaring that you aren't allowed to do something. Seriously go read the definition of ban in the dictionary. It looks like you need a refresher course.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I agree.

It's personally a non-issue.

I just felt like fighting.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Lol

new topics

top topics