It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Gay Lobby Group in America Urges Schools to Ban Words ‘Boy’ and ‘Girl’

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Thanks seagull and EKron for your thoughtful answers and sharing your experiences. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure that I've actually ever known a TG person that I was aware of anyway. I have known gay people, masculine females and feminine males. It seems for both of you it would have been better to identify with your "soul" gender sooner then later. I appreciate EKron your sensitivity for your parents dilemma, it can't be easy to have your little boy feel they are meant to be a girl or vice versa. One thing I have learned is that gender identity and sexual orientation are not the same thing.

I have modified my opinion ......I still think kids need to be exposed to different types of teachers and teaching styles, however as another member pointed out if there's a reason to break kids up into groups, maybe there are better options then using gender. Kid's are gonna naturally break off into groups of like minded kids all on their own anyways. I'm happy you had other girl's to play with that accepted you and a family that Loves you....

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
So, what do we know, so far?

There was no "ban" put in place by the HRC (which does promote itself as America's largest civil rights organization working for LGBT equality) on the words boy or girl.

There is no hive-like uniformity being recommended by HRC (if anything, the recommendations would teach kids even greater diversity than just that based on sex).

There is no communistic conspiracy to overthrow anything.

People still have sincere issues with the phrases "civil rights" and "equality."

Many attempts at openly recognizing that some people, some kids, some Americans not only have different sexual orientations, but different gender identities is met with scorn, jokes, and rabid ridicule.

Who stood up to the several occasions members have chosen to refer to minorities as abnormal, sick, or unimportant?

Why are the actions of an organization (HRC) that exist to promote gay, Lesbian, bisexual and trans* rights in our nation routinely amplified into some sort of shadowy expression of a hidden cabal that is working to ... do something to America ... although that is usually left unclear. Turn everyone gay?

Or is acting like Americans with differing orientations and identities are just as good as anyone else the real issue here?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel
Thank you too, MountainLaurel, for your sincere and respectful questions. If you have others and don't wish to ask them publicly, please feel to U2U me. That goes for anyone that will be nice. I'm not easily offended or overly sensitive and will do my best to satisfy your curiosity as long as it is genuine.

I don't disagree that kids need to be exposed to different types of teachers and teaching styles. I also think there are better options than grouping kids by gender too but don't think this limits teachers to having their own unique styles. When I was in high school, I was a social pariah due to my looks and behavior. I had a few teachers that couldn't hide how much they disliked me but I was a straight A student and they didn't have any legitimate complaints. One of my favorite and most memorable teachers was well aware of the teasing and bullying I was subject too but with his own brand of teasing and humor, turned it around and actually made it something funny. Picture Spanish class where so much of the language is gender specific. He had a field day with this but managed to make me laugh and feel better about myself and it actually helped others in the class chill about me too.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'm surprised that they haven't really gone after the one and only real discrimination that's prevalent throughout the world, and both professionally and romantically speaking. And it's existence is backed up by hard evidence.

Heightism.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

This isn't Ken and Barbie world, this is freaking Earth. 

Wouldn't if be amazing if we started with removing the barriers of race, color and religion?

How much further ahead as a planet would we be, if great minds were allowed to work for the benefit of Earth and Earthlings, without the interference of governments and country alliances.

All children should be safe, loved and protected. Children should be the responsibility and a priority for all of us. They are the future, not just of mankind, but for all Earthlings. Such a fragile and valuable resource should not be treated as expendable.

Yeah great idea children should play with grey genderless blobs!

/sarc

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EKron

That's a great story about your Spanish class....and exactly what you would hope a middle school or high school teacher was able to pull off....bringing humor to an incredibly awkward time of life for most teenagers in general, so I can imagine not being able to fully express yourself as a female was especially tough ! This conversation can't really be complete without the insights of people that are TG....your story is especially meaningful because of your age and ability to reflect on your own childhood from an adult perspective.

I do understand some of the "knee jerk" reactions, including my own I must admit...." WTH is going on when it is "suggested" that teachers avoid calling boys a boy or girls a girl ?1 " The funny thing is, it seems to be that TG kids are fine with those labels too....they just got "stuck" with the wrong body for their "soul: gender....is that correct ?

Based on what I have learned about gender through my own experiences and from people like yourself willing to share your stories, I think if a kid declares they are the opposite sex the parents should take a breath and "go with it" ....maybe it's just normal role playing....I mentioned earlier my sister went through a big "tomboy" phase.....wouldn't wear a dress to save her life....she turned out to be a very womanly lady....not that that makes her any better or worse then anyone else. The point is no physical transformations are going to happen before puberty at which point decisions will need to be made with the TG teen and hopefully a supportive family and good doctors. If your little boy tells you at 5 yrs old he's a girl and sticks with it till puberty.....he's probably meant to be a girl...and no doubt the love, support, values and even humor of his family and friends is gonna go along way to help "Her" find her place in the World......and for God's sake quit traumatizing countless teenagers with locker rooms....there's got to be alternatives, shop classes, horticulture classes, just playing a game in street clothes ? LOL...what sicko decided it was a good idea to take a bunch of 13 yr olds and force them to shower and change in groups with other kids at arguably the most sensitive time in their bodies development !

edit on 19-8-2015 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Dangerous times we are in when words are to be banned. Correct me if I am wrong, but has this not happened in the past with very little success?

I could care less what people call themselves or others. I really don't care about someone else's sexual orientation either. But you have to admit, homosexuality cannot be thanked for keeping the human race alive. That said, I'll never talk down to or bad about anyone who chooses to live that lifestyle. I'm about freedom, plain and simple.

So, naturally I am quite furious when entities which claim to represent the gay rights community spew crap about how they have the right to dictate the views/language of others. Not only does this hurt their cause, angering people like myself, but it is blatant demonization of the NOT gay community. They are doing what they hate others doing!!!

Reminds me of the current aparthide situation in Israel. How ironic that crap happens in history to one community and then decades later they turn it around and do the same thing back to another.

I suppose one thing that history shows us is that human stupidity is seemingly endless.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'm starting to think, being a conservative or a preservationistt, is the new punk..

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewokYeah great idea children should play with grey genderless blobs!

/sarc

So if your children did have a friend that was a grey genderless blob, would you not allow them to play together?

Seriously, how people have stretched one simple and innocent suggestion that doesn't harm anyone into so many different things boggles my mind. It is not forcing anyone to abandon a label such as boy or girl but by the same token, isn't forcing kids to be labeled one or the other either. It does not promote a genderless society or in any way suggest that boys can't be boys and girls can't be girls. What it does do by not grouping children based on their gender is recognize not everyone fits the perfect binary male or female paradigm and exhibits some degree of decency, compassion and sensitivity for those that may be a little of both, those that don't fit at either end of the spectrum or those that are completely cross gender identified. Why such a simple thing that would probably go unnoticed in action but yet be more inclusive to some children gets demonized as the fall of civilization is something I simply don't understand.

Grow up and pay attention people, stop being so insecure and immature and hope to hell none of your own kids are intersex or trans because with some of the attitudes and comments I've read in this thread, they would have a miserable and unhappy life and you would be lousy and damaging parents.

Oh yeah, I've rarely been grey but I have been a genderless blob. It's not as much fun as you would think.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

You are wrong.

No one, nowhere is "banning" words.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Jebus lightsaber christ...

What makes us male or female? the reproductive organs! It doesn't matter what sex you identify with-you were born as a male as a female-there is no 'other' on the birth certificate.

Physiologically we are either born with a penis or a vagina-boys have willies, girls have nillies and in a purely physiological sense the argument ends here. But what drives a person to want a nilly isntead of a willy? that is the issue.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Jebus lightsaber christ...

What makes us male or female? the reproductive organs! It doesn't matter what sex you identify with-you were born as a male as a female-there is no 'other' on the birth certificate.

Physiologically we are either born with a penis or a vagina-boys have willies, girls have nillies and in a purely physiological sense the argument ends here. But what drives a person to want a nilly isntead of a willy? that is the issue.

1 in 100 humans are intersex.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

As i recall there was in 2011 and 2014 articles that spoken of the gender issue. Here are some articles that spoken about.

The category of gender was canceled at one of Swedish kindergartens. The words "boy" and "girl" are no longer used there, while pronouns "he" and "she" were replaced with "it". Kindergarten teachers believe that they are successfully breaking the gender stereotypes so that the people of two sexes would not feel predominant towards each other.

Boys and Girls abolished in Sweden

Some have called it "gender madness", but the Egalia pre-school in Stockholm says its goal is to free children from social expectations based on their sex.

Swedens gender neutral pre-school

Or another article for the same in Egalia pre-school

At the taxpayer-funded “Egalia” preschool in Stockholm, which opened last year for children ages 1-6, boys and girls play together with a toy kitchen, which is located next to the Lego bricks, the Associated Press reports.

They read books featuring gay and lesbian couples, single parents and adopted children, instead of fairy tales such as “Cinderella” or “Snow White,” which are rife with gender stereotypes.

School staff try to avoid masculine and feminine references in their speech, for example by not using the Swedish pronouns “han” or “hon” for him or her, and instead using the genderless word “hen,” which doesn’t formally exist in the Swedish language.

"Society expects girls to be girlie, nice and pretty and boys to be manly, rough and outgoing," teacher Jenny Johnsson told the AP. "Egalia gives them a fantastic opportunity to be whoever they want to be."

No "Boys and "Girls" at gender neutral pre-school in Sweden

Teachers in a Nebraska school district have been told to not refer to children as boys and girls but instead as things like "purple penguins." I don't even know what that means.

Teachers told to call kids "Purple Penguin"

This gender madness needs to stop seriously.

Peace

Really???

These people think it is wrong to refer to our own humanity simply as the way it is but think it is better to equate ourself to "purple pinguins" ?????

So our kids should grow up believing they are purple pinguins and that is mentaly healthy somehow?

Sweden already went overboard with their extremist feminists groups over there but this is yet another level , i never thought that was even possible (if u know the details about this you would know what i mean)

I do wonder how religious people think and talk about this and who have children in schools like this. because arent they denying their creators creation this way?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
What a circus freak show.

NEWSFLASH:

edit on 19-8-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: EKron

So if your children did have a friend that was a grey genderless blob, would you not allow them to play together?

Well seeing as there is no such thing as grey genderless blob I would assume it was a alien. In which case being first contact I would have more important things on my mined than petty gender politics.
edit on 19-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

So, naturally I am quite furious when entities which claim to represent the gay rights community spew crap about how they have the right to dictate the views/language of others. Not only does this hurt their cause, angering people like myself, but it is blatant demonization of the NOT gay community. They are doing what they hate others doing!!!

Jesus Christ. The ignorance displayed on this thread is simply... unbelievable.

NO ONE has spewed any crap on their right to dictate the views/language of others. HRC has a group called "Welcoming Schools", with a website and regional counselors that schools, teachers and parents can use as a resource if they have kids with gender identity issues. The schools, teachers and parents GO TO THEM for help in dealing with these issues. It is strictly a voluntary deal, up to the free will of the school/teacher/parent. These are merely suggestions and helpful advice. If the school/parent/teacher tries them and finds it doesn't help - fine, they quit doing it. None of these suggestions are harmful in any way to any kid.

I suppose one thing that history shows us is that human stupidity is seemingly endless.

Yep.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm frankly surprised the thread is now 16 pages long. I debunked this nonsense on page 1.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I guess some people just like to be upset about anything related to anything gay. So they make stuff up in their head, then they actually believe it's real. Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Screw them for screwing with our words and nouns. Leave our children's minds alone!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

1 in 100 humans are intersex.

So there are 70 million of these folk?

Maybe if the criteria was sharpened and the survey was widened then yes, but I've never met a hermaphrodite and I've only met one person that was confused about their gender.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join