It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Gay Lobby Group in America Urges Schools to Ban Words ‘Boy’ and ‘Girl’

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: beezzer
This is just a "suggestion" as formerly discussed.

Just tell the Gay Lobby Group to take a hike.

Easy-peasy, lemon squeasy.

Yeah, the heck with that free speech thing, right?

Why do you want to control the way that Americans express themselves, Beezzer?

Why do you hate freedom?

I guess I'm not allowed to make suggestions, according to you, am I. . .Commrade?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think it's ass-o-nine, I read somewhere that they also want to remove the boy / girl recommendations from toys...

bigger question, do people really need to be told this kinda crap? Are people really this much of sheep they need to be hand fed gender and told how to think?

Or, is this just a extra step someone felt was needed because they feel more separated from society?

When you go changing the basic fundamentals of what humanity has called life, you tend to what's the word I'm looking for... Oh yeah " fail ".

There will come a time and a point we'll have to collectively, gasp, shutter and yell about the inequality of being too PC.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Damn, I stepped away for a bit and wrote this reply but a lot of crap has transpired in my absence. With people talking about things they have no knowledge about and with the communists coming in and all, it almost seems inappropriate to post this now but I will anyway just because not everyone is so perfectly a boy and a girl and that might get through to someone. It is, however, doubtful.

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
... so I can imagine not being able to fully express yourself as a female was especially tough !

I guess you could say that? It certainly was limiting and restrictive and put the kibosh on typical high school romance. I did have unrequited boy crushes but never felt gay nor was I interested in gay boys nor them me, if that makes any sense? Not really being a boy or a girl was pretty awkward and did garner a lot of unwanted and unpleasant attention. It made me unhappy, depressed and I thought about suicide a lot but I never really had some big identity crisis or huge internal conflict. I was to myself who I had always been and still am after all these years. What was difficult was the packaging didn't accurately represent the contents and wasn't exactly conducive in conveying to others a cohesive picture to go along with my personality, interests and behavior. It confuses people when they don't know what you are and I was pretty screwed up for a while myself figuring out how to fix it.

Once school was out and I was out from under the protective thumb of my parents, it didn't take long and wasn't too hard to get the social aspects of how I was perceived by the world sorted out. It kind of all happened organically. Once I had found medical resources, began hormones and got my first job a few months after turning 19, things turned around for me and I really began to live my life as it should have been all along. It was such a relief.

Other than some evaluations and testing, I never had or felt the need to have therapy or counseling. My identity or sense of self was never in conflict or doubt and was well ingrained and intact. I wasn't confused or disturbed. Once the social aspects were worked out and how I was perceived by others was representative of who I was, most of whatever problems I had abated.

Of course, this led to other things like people being interested in me romantically and sexually but there were still a few problems in the way of all that. After what seemed like an interminable and frustrating wait due to finances and logistics, when I was 22 (1977), I was finally able to get the last of my physical issues taken care of

The funny thing is, it seems to be that TG kids are fine with those labels too....they just got "stuck" with the wrong body for their "soul: gender....is that correct ?

I guess it's something like that? I'm trying to avoid all the common tropes and isms describing my experience. As far as labels go, I am and would have been more than happy to be a girl and not an it. Sure, I have a bit of a tomboy side to me but otherwise, enjoy my cis-normative existence and privilege. I am not part of the LBGTQ+ community and don't identify as trans anything although I am an ally to both. Other than posting here, I don't even think about this stuff in my day-to-day life.

If your little boy tells you at 5 yrs old he's a girl and sticks with it till puberty.....he's probably meant to be a girl...and no doubt the love, support, values and even humor of his family and friends is gonna go a long way to help "Her" find her place in the World

You have this absolutely correct!

......and for God's sake quit traumatizing countless teenagers with locker rooms....

Haha! That is so true!

edit on Wed Aug 19th 2015 by EKron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Why do you hate freedom?

I guess I'm not allowed to make suggestions, according to you, am I. . .Commrade?

Nope, you can obviously espouse any totalitarian regime you wish, Herr Bunnymeister.

As far as "suggestions" go, you've maintained here that is only the first step toward making DEMANDS.

You don't mind if I use your own logic, do you?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
I think it's ass-o-nine, I read somewhere that they also want to remove the boy / girl recommendations from toys...

bigger question, do people really need to be told this kinda crap? Are people really this much of sheep they need to be hand fed gender and told how to think?

Or, is this just a extra step someone felt was needed because they feel more separated from society?

When you go changing the basic fundamentals of what humanity has called life, you tend to what's the word I'm looking for... Oh yeah " fail ".

There will come a time and a point we'll have to collectively, gasp, shutter and yell about the inequality of being too PC.

Who's "they"?

Who is "feeding anyone" gender?

How would you feed "gender" exactly?

How does finding different ways to include students in groups contribute to "separation from society" exactly?

Life has created a significant number of people who are not purely "male" or "female" ... who are you to question Life?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Why do you hate freedom?

Nope, you can obviously espouse any totalitarian regime you wish, Herr Bunnymeister.

As far as "suggestions" go, you've maintained here that is only the first step toward making DEMANDS.

You don't mind if I use your own logic, do you?

You're wrong again. I only pondered that schools could only offer an opinion if the "suggestions" were changed to demands.

I only offer suggestions.

But you support suggestions.

Or do I have to get your approval first?

Commrade?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PresidentHeston

Or, how about we just expand the vocabulary to include words for the fairly percentage of those that don't fit within the standard of the definition. And adolescent doesn't encompass all of the juvenile stage of human development. What do you call pre-adolescent children?
The language actually has perfectly good terms for Transgender, Nongender and Gender Fluid children. And since you wish to press the point, you yourself just used 'male' and 'female'. Whether in an example of a definition or not, if you have a problem with boy and girl being defunct, you should probably erase male and female from your vocabulary as well.
The words 'boy' and 'girl' are perfectly acceptable terms for most boys and girls. For the ones it doesn't apply to, other terms are available. Your edict of defunct language is weak, and simply doesnt stand up to the smell test.
Simply because you don't agree with something does not mean it must be changed to fit your preferences.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I think you want to be controlled, Beez.

You bring it up far too often ... i.e. "methinks thou dost protest over much"

Here's what you said:

a reply to: Isurrender73

I've been asking for 13 pages now "what's the harm in a suggestion"?

Nothing is ever wrong with a suggestion.

It's when the suggestion becomes a demand that things get tricky.

As it is only a "suggestion" then there will be no issue when someone says, "No". There does not have to be a reason given, as it was, only a suggestion.

You want to interlace the word suggestion with demand.

I'm merely positing, via your own logic, that you're doing the same thing you're trying to dun someone else for.

Some might call that hypocritical; most of us know it's just more BS.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Who's "they"?

Well they of course, duh...

Who is "feeding anyone" gender?

umm... They...

How would you feed "gender" exactly?

With a spork.

How does finding different ways to include students in groups contribute to "separation from society" exactly?

When you have the focus on things other than learning, you create more distractions to " feel " separate from others who are ok without stereotypes.

Life has created a significant number of people who are not purely "male" or "female" ... who are you to question Life?

I'm half man, half amazing.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Rocker2013

I think it is just easier to take the advice or leave it, which is a pretty damn good characteristic of it being advice. I'm not sure why all the whining about advice is necessary.

Because, as is so often the case here on ATS, the right-wing crowd desperately needs something to scream about, even if they have to manufacture it.

We have the same thing in the UK with the Daily Heil tabloid rag, they print ridiculous drivel entirely designed to make the conservative, ignorant reader seethe with rage over their cornflakes, when none of it is actually true, and none of it has any affect on their lives either.

These people have a desperate desire to inflict their will onto the society around them, they are desperate to make everyone conform, to live according to their rules, so much so that they invent things to make each other angry about the society they live in and how it's "falling apart" because "people like them" are not in control.

This is a non-story, but these conservatives are trying to make it one to encourage and justify their loathing of society, a society they're angry isn't conforming to their conservative rigidity.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

More word soup and veiled insults.

Woke up cranky this morning?

Have a Snickers.

You get cranky and post nonsense when you're hungry.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Or better yet, just tell all the ranting, conservative, ignorant people who want to keep our societies stagnant and operating according to their narrow views to GTFO and leave the adults and professionals to make the decisions?

So you want the Gay Lobby to make the decisions if the decisions aren't in line with what you believe?

Beezzer, you're better than that, stop being pathetic.

I would like the ELECTED to make the decisions, making those decisions based on evidence and science, the society we live in and what's best for the communities they serve.

But, having said that, the "evil Gay Lobby" you're all terrified of would do a damn sight better at running things than any conservative wannabe Taliban who are more interested in inflicting their conservative notions (so often racist, homophobic and religiously led) onto society than doing what is right for that society.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

More word soup and veiled insults.

I'm surprised you can tell, considering you don't know the difference between a recommendation by the HRC and a "gay lobby conspiracy to brainwash the kids!!!!!1111111".

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Awww ... now its the requisite side-step shuffle (or is that bunny hop).

You don't like facing your own inner totalitarian, eh Beez?

Live and let live, remember? If teachers and parents want to create a more gender-inclusive space, why do you care?

Who knows when your suggestions will become demands?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

So, your post was mostly vague generalized nonsense?

I really hoped that wasn't the case.

Thanks for answering my questions.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Have you grown up in a rural community with a hundred people and no intersex members? I have and I knew those people very well.

I conducted my own survey- one out of my three closest friends is a southpaw-does that mean thirty three percent of the population are southpaws?

Surveys don't represent the entirety, only the people they survey.

edit on 19-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have a name they can call all of us...

Homo sapiens - Homo sapiens is the binomial nomenclature (also known as the scientific name) for the human species.

Now we are all equal until the Aliens come out of hiding.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

More asinine B.S. We NEED our children to learn the differences between boys and girls. We need them to learn to adapt to society, not conform society to some idealistic moronitude.

This reminds me of something a friend was just talking about recently. I never learned how to apply for a loan, purchase a house, balance a checkbook, write a resume, apply for a job, etc.. in school, but I can say that I know what pythagorean theorem is..

School should be about learning for the real world, not indoctrinating children into what they want society to become.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I mean I know all this. I even pointed it out on page 1. The post you were responding to was just written universally to apply to everyone in the thread. This is a non-issue and there is no need to for anyone to get their panties in a bunch about it

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Have you grown up in a rural community with a hundred people and no intersex members? I have and I knew those people very well.

Surveys don't represent the entirety, only the people they survey.

I lived both in a large metropolitan area as well as a very rural town (56 residents) growing up.

I'm not sure what "survey" you're talking about.

It is a medical fact that about 1 in 100 people are intersex.

As I tried to intimate subtly earlier, many if not most of those folks try to "pass" as one or the other gender.

You know, to fit in, rather than be who they really are, naturally.

If you didn't read any of the material I supplied about intersex folks, you should; it's informative.

That doesn't even begin to address trans* folk.

The world is often more complex than it seems.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join