It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Say Climate Change Has Reached the ‘Point of No Return’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

No they do not....

Your further argument over it has more to do with you thinking your right, than anything else does it not?

Yet when all things considered we have no idea why this exists... We obviously think we do.. As noted your ready to argue over it...

Are you not?

You use me as such a catalyst for such a thing...

We have no idea why things are happening in this universe, yet many of us have the nerve to act as if we do...

Shame indeed...

I at least am in a position to accept the fact I exist in a reality I gratefully do not pretend to understand or think I am smart enough to control it..

LOL

I am smart enough now to accept condemnation for such understanding...
edit on 8 16 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76
So, you are operating under the notion that because we don't know everything, we know nothing.

Enjoy your ignorant little world.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

no I am operating under the understanding we do not understand our universe and we ARE IGNORANT TO THINK WE DO...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

That's what I said.

In any case, we are talking about climate. Not the Universe.

edit on 8/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

enjoy your ignorance... touche'
edit on 8 16 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Without ignorance there would be nothing to learn.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

yes and the universe which is much bigger than you phage, provides the climate...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Well sort of. A very small part of it.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

well ignorance has nothing to do with understanding the universe phage...

Enough of this lightning round...

this was a set up

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

this was a set up

Seems you were the one who served. As in tennis.

edit on 8/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

seems you are fed many misunderstandings that make you wise.. I suppose...

In any case I would respect you more, by understanding the fact we dont have a clue about this subject...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I understand we don't know everything.
I also understand that doesn't mean we don't know anything.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Sigh, and most times mankind thinks the First thing that comes to his mind is the truth...

I don't want to do this anymore...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Sigh, and most times mankind thinks the First thing that comes to his mind is the truth...

That's what science seeks to avoid.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I understand we don't know everything.
I also understand that doesn't mean we don't know anything.

Do we know enough to reproduce what is observed? In the case of the climate that answer seems to be No.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Do we know enough to reproduce what is observed?

What do you mean? Reproduce an observed increase in temperatures?
That's what's happening.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
I at least am in a position to accept the fact I exist in a reality I gratefully do not pretend to understand or think I am smart enough to control it..

Civilization has progressed from rude caves to space travel because many people took the lack of knowledge as motivation to discover more about the world.

Everything you see around you and the reason you're can see these words on a photon-creating machine is because, in fact, after tremendous effort, humans---at least some of them---actually do have a good idea about how the universe works.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Then:

Now:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Scientific facts:

Bulletin of the American Meterological Society:

journals.ametsoc.org...

The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Scientific Consensus

Thomas C. Peterson
NOAA/National Climatic Data Center, Asheville, North Carolina

William M. Connolley
British Antarctic Survey, National Environment Research Council, Cambridge, United Kingdom

John Fleck
Albuquerque Journal, Albuquerque, New Mexico

Climate science as we know it today did not exist in the 1960s and 1970s. The integrated enterprise embodied in the Nobel Prizewinning work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change existed then as separate threads of research pursued by isolated groups of scientists. Atmospheric chemists and modelers grappled with the measurement of changes in carbon dioxide and atmospheric gases, and the changes in climate that might result. Meanwhile, geologists and paleoclimate researchers tried to understand when Earth slipped into and out of ice ages, and why. An enduring popular myth suggests that in the 1970s the climate science community was predicting “global cooling” and an “imminent” ice age, an observation frequently used by those who would undermine what climate scientists say today about the prospect of global warming. A review of the literature suggests that, on the contrary, greenhouse warming even then dominated scientists' thinking as being one of the most important forces shaping Earth's climate on human time scales. More importantly than showing the falsehood of the myth, this review describes how scientists of the time built the foundation on which the cohesive enterprise of modern climate science now rests.

Full text PDF: journals.ametsoc.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: Bicent76

Civilization has progressed from rude caves to space travel because many people took the lack of knowledge as motivation to discover more about the world.

Everything you see around you and the reason you're can see these words on a photon-creating machine is because, in fact, after tremendous effort, humans---at least some of them---actually do have a good idea about how the universe works.

we reach a limitation....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join