It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year-old gives birth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

it was risking her live and physical well being and well, got a feeling she could have had all the doctors in the country saying that it was a risk and they still wouldn't have budged and if she had died it would have oh well, too bad, but no our laws are right....

edit on 15-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

it was risking her live and physical well being and well, got a feeling she could have had all the doctors in the country saying that it was a risk and they still wouldn't have budged and if she had died it would have oh well, too bad, but no our laws are right....

Many different cultures around the world. I believe in India they are not even allowed to use birth control since in a way it stops a life from happening. It does bother me that the mother came forward after 5 months to ask for an abortion, and I'm sure they could have gotten one earlier and not asked for one with no one the wiser, so there more to all this than the simple story line. One thing I think we all need to understand is these people and others truly believe in their faith to a point that after she asked and was told the church would not support it, she truly believed, and most likely the girl too, that was the right direction even though the rest of us looking from the outside in do not see it as the right direction.

Now this whole thing about rape from a relative is sadly not uncommon in many parts of the world. I would like to see these people shot, but it is over looked and continues, so this is why the rape part to me is the bigger issue here than deciding not to have an abortion.

The baby though is now alive and kicking with its whole life ahead, so would you go back in time and end it if you could?

edit on 15-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't think it would have been allowed then...
but well, I am going back to brazil...

www.reproductiverights.org...

I'm sorry but it seems to me that they are viewing the life of the fetus much more sacred than they are that of the mother.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

would you think to give your 11 year old birth control??

and it isn't me bringing planned parenthood into this discussion, it's you!

how else are we to know what life would be like with abortion banned if we don't look and discuss what happens in those countries where it is banned. and, how else I am to judge just how much the pro-life crown will uphold the fetus' life over the women's unless I see how they react to stories like these?

these country's laws are based highly on catholic principles, and the church often stands in the way in cases like this against life saving abortions. and well, the fact that they will excommunicate the mother, the doctors, the nurses, ect, for performing an abortion that they believed would endanger the live of a young girl but not the rapist says alot to me!

would you think to give your 11 year old birth control??

I dont think the parents need to, when states like seattle are offering IUD's to girls as young as 11 without the need for parental consent.

www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I don't think it would have been allowed then...
but well, I am going back to brazil...

www.reproductiverights.org...

I'm sorry but it seems to me that they are viewing the life of the fetus much more sacred than they are that of the mother.

I thought all life was sacred

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Don't even know what to say. That poor soul.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay
gee maybe it's a good thing they do, ya never know, your young preteen daughter might end up being raped before you even know she has come of age to have a period....heck maybe we should start giving our girls the pill starting at two...
else you might your daughter pregnant and find yourself arguing with doctors over weather or not she should have her cancer medication, or get the treatment for the broken back that she just happened to end up with, or die from the infection from the dying fetus inside her that everyone is waiting around for the heart to stop beating so they can remove it!! heck maybe she will even luck out and have some nice pro-life people drop by with pretty little baby bonnets for the new bundle of joy!!!

Raped Peruvian Teen Jumps Out of Window, Then Denied Abortion www.reproductiverights.org...

No Longer a Front-Page Story, ‘Beatriz’ Continues to Struggle From Denial of Abortion Care
rhrealitycheck.org... an-society/

Pregnant teen dies after abortion ban delays her chemo treatment for leukemia www.cnn.com...

edit on 15-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

gee maybe it's a good thing they do, ya never know, your young preteen daughter might end up being raped before you even know she has come of age to have a period....heck maybe we should start giving our girls the pill starting at two...
else you might your daughter pregnant and find yourself arguing with doctors over weather or not she should have her cancer medication, or get the treatment for the broken back that she just happened to end up with, or die from the infection from the dying fetus inside her that everyone is waiting around for the heart to stop beating so they can remove it!! heck maybe she will even luck out and have some nice pro-life people drop by with pretty little baby bonnets for the new bundle of joy!!!

yes because inserting INVASIVE UIDs in 11 year old girls is a great idea, even better without parent permission, when giving a child anything that can have effects on her hormones i think the parents should definately have a say in that.

and if they are going to offer 11 year old girls contraception, why not something less evasive that doesnt involve them having their legs in stirrups, and something that can cause infection and sometimes pain (speaking from personal experience).

heck maybe we should start giving our girls the pill starting at two...

what is it with you and worst case scenarios? you ALWAYS have to throw them out there like they are inevitably going to come to fruition...why not focus on the point that was made, instead of going on these fantastical tangents all the time?

uuugh

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
first, you have to go back and see how the discussion about birth control began...personally I think it's a little outrageous to think that a girl that young would be on it...
as far as the worst case scenerios, well
I gave the link to each scenerio that I wrote, except maybe one, think I forgot it, will go and find it though if you wish...
these are things that actually happened that clearly indicate the abortion is indeed necessary in some cases....
not only are women's and children's lives being put at risk (for the sacredness of the fetus), but women are losing their lives!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

first, you have to go back and see how the discussion about birth control began...personally I think it's a little outrageous to think that a girl that young would be on it...
as far as the worst case scenerios, well
I gave the link to each scenerio that I wrote, except maybe one, think I forgot it, will go and find it though if you wish...
these are things that actually happened that clearly indicate the abortion is indeed necessary in some cases....
not only are women's and children's lives being put at risk (for the sacredness of the fetus), but women are losing their lives!

linking me to rare cases though...thats doesnt really back up what you say, and using rare cases as the backbone of your arguments doesnt help either.

also linking to things happening in other countries doesnt help your argument when discussing america because different laws etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

linking me to rare cases though...thats doesnt really back up what you say, and using rare cases as the backbone of your arguments doesnt help either.

This thread is about a 10 year old who was raped and forced to give birth, at age 11, to her rapist's child. Not rare enough!

also linking to things happening in other countries doesnt help your argument when discussing america because different laws etc.

This thread is about a case from Paraguay.

Yes, she should have been given an abortion.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

This thread is about a 10 year old who was raped and forced to give birth, at age 11, to her rapist's child. Not rare enough!

This thread is about a case from Paraguay.

Yes, she should have been given an abortion.

let me just quote my original comment on this thead that i stick by and havent deviated from

i dont care if you are pro-choice or pro-life...forcing a young child to give birth to a product of rape is vile.....

k thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Simmderdown
a reply to: windword

But when its muslims killing gays in another country you and others are quick to say

"Their country their rules"

Why the hypocrisy

What are you talking about? I've never said any such thing.

but why do you hate children so much that you want them aborted?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

but why do you hate children so much that you would withhold a medical proceedure that would protect their lives???

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Simmderdown

but why do you hate children so much that you would withhold a medical proceedure that would protect their lives???

Did I state anywhere that I would do that? Feel free to quote me

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I said it on page two, I'll say it again: I can imagine this child growing up and one day coming across this thread where a bunch of strangers are saying they should've been aborted...

Am I seriously the only who sees how disturbing it is to say that of someone who has been given life?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join