It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year-old gives birth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

you seems to be suggesting that the motive behind women aborting babies is that they want to donate to fetal tissue banks,
but you are prochoice.....

What the hell are you talking about? you just went on a gigantic rant that I was suggesting this and that........

Where in ANY of the posts above did I say anything other than its a tragedy people are using this as a PP thread instead of the fact that child got Raped.....

Talk about making up crap........

You want to talk about other threads and what ive discussed there, then go to THOSE threads.......

Talk about full on attack mode........

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I would say the Rape actually endangered her life, but Hey you can stayon your PP soap box all you want......

nice to see the priorities are straight.....

Guess were not worried about what the rape did .........

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: MOMof3
No. So far, there are two women on the board who are victims or personally involved with victims of child rape. They have a different point of view. Does not make it anymore invalid than yours. Are you woman?

Was my post incorrect? What is my point of view, not sure I actually posted one....

I'm not against abortions, but I do recognize a for profit industry that makes much more money in aborting than planning....

I know theyve been telling me what my opinion is, and trying to fit me in a box since I dared to post on here

Whew sure am glad they told me or else I would have never known what I was for, or against, or where I belonged!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Regarding the case in brazil....

The controversy represents a PR nightmare for the Vatican. The unnamed girl's mother and doctors were excommunicated for agreeing to Wednesday's emergency abortion yet the Church has not taken formal steps against the stepfather, who is in custody. Jose Cardoso Sobrinho, the conservative regional archbishop for Pernambuco where the girl was rushed to hospital, has said that the man would not be thrown out of the Church, because although he had allegedly committed "a heinous crime", the Church took the view that "the abortion, the elimination of an innocent life, was more serious".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

these country's laws are heavily influenced by catholic beliefs....
and I think that excerpt here says it all on the case in brazil and the case being discussed now. saving a child's life is a far greater crime than raping a child!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I feel so incredibly sorry for this girl.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

How do you know that? Have you ever had to make that decision?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Plan a rape? Who are you?
You have plan parenthood and abortions as two directions to go, and I said that abortions are more profitable than planning and in this case planning parenthood, how you would think in anyway I meant a planned rape is something rather silly or even scary...

Who are you to even go in that direction?

edit on 15-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
we had some interactions on this thread....remember??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

so, if you get a tumor, ya it endangers your life,
but if there's a medical treatment that can cure you of that tumor and remove the risk but a law is preventing you from being able to access that treatment, isn't the law actually endangering your life also???

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The thread is about a 10 yr old girl, raped by stepfather, mother wanted abortion, government refused. And the church stepped in to punish 11yr old by this time, but blesses the stepfather, more or less.

There is no PP in Paraguay. There is no CPS in Paraguay.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Whatever physical and psychological damage has been done to that child - what a disgrace. I hope the guy gets life he sure as hell has ruined one. I don't think without knowing the circumstances you can criticise the mother because she may have been terrified of the man.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa
not if it saved the girls life, or prevented her from having to live with health problems caused by it!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

And if you think this child will ever have a happy relationship with a husband, you would be wrong.

"Could" be wrong, we do not know, so it is hard to say, but in either case she will have big issues. BTW there are 2 million homeless kids in Brazil alone and 40 million living in slums there too, and I would bet the vast majority fall under predatory practices that target children. Ya the world can suck big time for children anyway you look at it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

actually, I am talking about two cases, one in the one in paraguay that is the topic of this thread, and another that occured in brazil, when well they did do the abortion and the church excommunicated everyone but the rapist....
because well, ya know
it's more sinful to safe the life of a child than it is to rape a child!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

do you happen to know if they even have a planned parenthood in these countries....
one thing is for sure, they aren't profiting from any fetal tissues from the abortions in them...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The thread is about a 10 yr old girl, raped by stepfather, mother wanted abortion, government refused. And the church stepped in to punish 11yr old by this time, but blesses the stepfather, more or less.

There is no PP in Paraguay. There is no CPS in Paraguay.

They do not have any form of birth control there? You suggested people have different views in our country, identifying two women, I just suggested that here abortions are a for profit industry and that might not be a good thing, and so though this story is sickening in many ways it has been used throughout this thread as a pro choice agenda and not so much about poor 11 year old girl being raped.

BTW what was the choice of the girl in all this? Also, if the church said the unborn child has rights how is that punishment on the 11 year old, and if the church said that God will decide the fate of the offender how is that a blessing (as in they approved of his actions)?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Please believe me, she will never see sex as healthy or good. Just a duty until she is old and the wounds have faded. Sorry to make men uncomfortable with the reality.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Please believe me, she will never see sex as healthy or good. Just a duty until she is old and the wounds have faded. Sorry to make men uncomfortable with the reality.

This is true, coming from a dude. I was engaged to a wonderful woman back in the 80's who had been abused when young. It didn't define her but sex was uncomfortable for her. If you don't think this stays with a woman you are totally wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

do you happen to know if they even have a planned parenthood in these countries....
one thing is for sure, they aren't profiting from any fetal tissues from the abortions in them...

My point is this story should not be a pro-choice agenda but more of a protect our children agenda. But as I said in another posts there are 100 millions of kids around the world in far worst situations, so unfortunately this is one of 100 million stories that has been more focused on religious views than on the actual issue that she was raped in the first place.

Personally, as I read many of the posts the biggest issue I been reading is her not getting an abortion with the actual rape as a side story to the whole event.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The OP specifically ASKED what ATSers thought about the 11-year-old girl not being allowed an abortion. The OP didn't ask what we thought of an 11-year-old girl being raped by her stepfather (obviously it is an awful thing, no debate there). The discussion is SUPPOSED to be whether you think the girl should have been allowed to have an abortion.

This has nothing to do with Planned Parenthood. No one in previous posts have mentioned Planned Parenthood. There aren't even any Planned Parenthood clinics in South America. Planned Parenthood is a moot point in this thread. Whether an 11-year-old raped girl should be allowed an abortion is NOT a moot point in this thread. It is the whole point of the thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
If you don't think this stays with a woman you are totally wrong.

MoMof 3 and you seem to speak in absolutes, I just suggested we do not know. I know a prior prostitute that was forced into it at 12 and she is in her 40s today with a happy loving family.... you never know was my point. With this child living in the slums she will most likely have much bigger threats and issues in her life ahead of her then this being the "one".

edit on 15-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join