It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year-old gives birth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm really at a loss for words on this story. Problem for me is that I'm not sure if I agree with the courts decision on the abortion or not. I've never given the issue of someone being raped and getting pregnant still justifies the abortion any thought. I have no opinion on the issue. What do you guys think about it?

An 11-year-old Paraguayan girl who had been denied an abortion gave birth on Thursday, the culmination of a case that put a spotlight on child rape in the poor South American nation and drew criticism from human rights groups.

"The baby doesn't yet have a name," said Torales.

The girl was allegedly raped and impregnated by her stepfather when she was 10. The stepfather has been arrested and is awaiting trial. The girl's mother has been charged with negligence.

The mother requested an abortion for her daughter, but the government refused to allow it, drawing praise from religious groups but criticism from many human rights organizations, including U.N. officials. Paraguay bans abortion except when the mother's life is in danger. At the time, the girl was five months pregnant and local health officials said she appeared to be in fine health.

Source
edit on 13-8-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
One more reason why I vehemently disagree with the anti-abortion fanatics.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wish this was something I have not heard of but its pretty common in other country's for this to happen.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i dont care if you are pro-choice or pro-life...forcing a young child to give birth to a product of rape is vile.....

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

Also dangerous to the poor girls health.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have yet to research the link but what I feel a valid question is
Why was the request not make until the child was FIVE months pregnant?
Shame all around...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I have yet to research the link but what I feel a valid question is
Why was the request not make until the child was FIVE months pregnant?
Shame all around...

the girl was ten ears old, at that age they are naive, she probably wasnt aware, and maybe someone else noticed it

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

I'm sorry. I can't read that. Reading the description is bad enough. Anyone doing that to a kill should have his boy parts fed into a meat grinder.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The saddest saddest thing was when after a long professional life i understood i had seen it all ,nothing shocks me anymore, seen it all, and I wish that on no one
edit on 13-8-2015 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
One more reason why I vehemently disagree with the anti-abortion fanatics.

Does this mean you are a 'pro-abortion fanatic' or does the term 'fanatic' only apply to people that disagree with you?
edit on 2015/8/13 by Metallicus because: Spelling Correction

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Fanatic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.

I am not a fanatic but thanks for asking.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

You said you 'vehemently disagree' with your opponents.

Sounds like a fanatic to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

It is plain that this girl will not be able to raise the child and provide a home. It is also plain that the stepfather and mother are not going to be trustable for support.

So who will care for the child? Who will pay, prepare the meals and all the things that are necessary?

I think the court is not considering the child's future. Is it to become a ward of the state? What sort of quality of life will the child have?

I am generally pro-life but there are situations where an abortion is warranted, this may be one of those situations.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
i dont care if you are pro-choice or pro-life...forcing a young child to give birth to a product of rape is vile.....

I agree. But I wonder if she had any say in the matter at all once she knew she was pregnant. At that age do you think she is allowed to make her own decision as to whether or not she should keep the baby? If she wanted to keep it would it be right to force her not to?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Reading the comments here, so many people miss the point, its not about who is right and who is wrong its about a 10 year old girl who was used by some one who should of protected her, but some how it has become a sick fight between people on ATS who want stars after there comments. If the people here on ATS cant understand its not about you or your stars its about a child then there is no hope.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

originally posted by: kellyjay

I agree. But I wonder if she had any say in the matter at all once she knew she was pregnant. At that age do you think she is allowed to make her own decision as to whether or not she should keep the baby? If she wanted to keep it would it be right to force her not to?

at that age shes not even able to give consent to sex so i highly doubt it

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Nothing says the beauty of the Lord's miracle like a 11 year old child giving birth. Now she won't burn in Hades

Hopefully the father can have visting rights to protect the family unit.

Thanx 4 carin' about teh theetus.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is why making abortion illegal is a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Says it all, there are more passionate comments about a bear killing a man and how the bear has that right then about this child and the hell she has been to. Says a lot about where ATS is now

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As sad as this is if you do a search for the youngest child to give birth to a baby I think Peru holds the record at 5 or six years old (quick search for Lina Medina). Something I would have thought impossible, but evidently not... In many third world countries, the young mother does not raise the baby for she goes to work and earns money for the family as her parents, grand parents, and relatives raise the child. % years old, "unbelievable"!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join