It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year-old gives birth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

here is what the want to do for the little girl and her mom and grandma ( from the article in the original post)

Norma Benitez, spokeswoman for the Latin American Women's Commission, said her group would now push the government to provide a safe environment for the girl that includes both her mother and grandmother.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: notmyrealname
One more reason why I vehemently disagree with the anti-abortion fanatics.

Does this mean you are a 'pro-abortion fanatic' or does the term 'fanatic' only apply to people that disagree with you?

Anybody who believes this girl must have the baby regardless of the risks and the mental pain the pregnancy will cause is a fanatic to me, but this is exactly what anti-abortionists believe. They say that fetus is a baby and there for MUST be forced upon the girl for the full duration of pregnancy because it's a human being afforded fully with rights. That to me is fanatical. How twisted of a mind would you have to think this would be acceptable to force upon?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I just threw up

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

We can't even fix the problems in the USA and we continue finding stories outside the USA to be outraged by. I'm tired of watching Americans being distracted by everything but what matters. Our country is the most corrupt and the only reason Americans spend so much time looking down on others is we sit on the largest pile of bulls#!t ever created.

Seriously, it's a horrible thing. But we need to stop being outraged by horrible things. People need to start using them as catalysts for change. And unfortunately, my time and energy is going to be spent here in America not on Paraguay or any other country. Outrage and change is a job for the citizens of Paraguay.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg Hopefully the father can have visting rights to protect the family unit.

This is a joke right ? Please someone tell me this is a joke ? The step father that raped her having visiting rights ?

Joke, please ? Please someone comfort me...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I can imagine that baby growing up, learning to read, and some how coming across this thread talking about how they should have been aborted...

edit on 8/14/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Yes, he was being sarcastic.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

actually, if you want to see what the effect of a total ban on abortion would have in the US, all you need to do is look to other countries that have the bans....

there's some pretty sad stories, and well, many involve young children.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

but if she had gone through the same experience, been raped, got pregnant at age of nine and was allowed to have an abortion because of world pressure on the country, well...
she might feel kind of grateful, ya think????

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

actually, if you want to see what the effect of a total ban on abortion would have in the US, all you need to do is look to other countries that have the bans....

there's some pretty sad stories, and well, many involve young children.

I don't disagree. Arguably, if you subscribe to the notion of poverty and revolution (I do) then you find Soviet Romania (an example from the book Freakanomics) which had one of the most relaxed abortion policies prior to the Soviets and Nicolae Ceaușescu. Once Ceaușescu took over he outlawed abortion with Decree 770 and created harsher divorce laws.

Romania ended up with a huge population of unwanted kids, kids that would have been aborted prior to Ceaușescu's reign. Their orphan population ballooned and the cohort of kids that would have been aborted in the mid to late 60s were the same youth involved in the Romanian Revolution. Consequently Nicolae Ceaușescu and his wife were executed by firing squad in 1989.

It's why Republicans will never ban abortion - they want to give every poor person the ability to abort their babies. Too many poor people = revolution... it's a historical fact.
edit on 14-8-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

but if she had gone through the same experience, been raped, got pregnant at age of nine and was allowed to have an abortion because of world pressure on the country, well...
she might feel kind of grateful, ya think????

Must mean she wouldn't value herself much. Maybe she'll opt out at nine. No one seems to be valuing her now. Why should she value herself at nine?
edit on 8/14/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

This is poverty in South America. More likely, the child will never learn to read, and will not have access to a computer or the internet, and will probably die of malnutrition - slowly.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

It's quite possible you're right. It's just as possible some aid worker or missionary will one day teach her. She might find herself in the States one day. Who knows? I still can imagine her one day looking through this thread with a bunch of people who don't know her saying she should've been aborted.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

wasn't it during this time that they increased the exports in an attempt to pay off their debt and that caused food shortages, rationing and all that good stuff also though??
I imagine that didn't help much. I mean ya, sure, work to increase the population to an unmanageable level and then take the food out of their mouths....
no wonder the people revolted!!!
but well if you listen to the conservative far right, don't they seem to want to do the same thing here?? maybe they want a revolt, maybe they think that they will come out on top in such a case.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

don't see where these girls that are raped and end up getting pregnant are being valued that much either though, do you??

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I don't know why you'd think it's just as possible she won't be in poverty. There are millions of children born in poverty there every year - only a tiny percentage ever get out.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

A fact that should sadden everyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
another sad case, and well, the even sadder position of the catholic church who would excommunicate everyone involved in the abortion of a nine year old girl carrying twins, except of course, the rapist!

content.time.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Improbability does not equal impossibility. I guess I'm guilty of hope... no matter how far fetched.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

well it's kind obvious to me that you place more value on the developing fetus than you do on the health and welfare of the child that is forced to become a mom before they hit their teenage years even.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join