It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaplains banned from preaching that homosexuality is a sin.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

The most anti christian messages are coming from people calling themselves Christians.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

If you would re read the thread and the link provided you would see that Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice said it is forbidden to preach that homosexuality is a sin and if he does not stop his credentials would no longer be valid.

No one is revoking the Chaplain's credentials, they just can't volunteer for the Dept. of Justice, if they can't follow the law. Even Christians aren't above the law.

"However, due to your decision, based on your religious convictions, that you cannot comply with the requirements outlined in DJJ Policy 912, Section IV, Paragraph H, regarding the treatment of LGBTQI youth, I must terminate your involvement as a religious volunteer."

(post by DeathSlayer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

"Kill them all and let God sort them out."

He is the hypocrite?.
Out had my fill of so called Christians in the last few days.
Anything but Christian.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
POST REMOVED BY STAFF.

I don't think you understand his point. Christians are supposed to be the pinnacle of morals, ethics, knowledge, and spirituality. Meaning you're supposed to be a cut above the rest of us. You know, the chosen ones. The salt of the earth, and all that. He's just saying we're not feeling the love, man. It's hard to look up to the faithful, when they're down in the pit with the rest of us, and slinging mud with the best of us.

edit on Thu Aug 13 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I believe one of the biggest problems are the hypocrites here on ATS.

A christian can go to war and kill the enemy but when he comes home he can not scream at anyone. He can not criticize someone and must go with the flow..... wrong

Most atheist and agnostic people do not know what it is to be a Christian let alone what is written in the bible about the return of Christ. The love he is going to show non believers will be much worse than anything I can write or express here on ATS.

So you go ahead with your mockery and when Christ returns and you realize you have been wrong and now are hiding from him, he will find you and judge you accordingly and I find comfort in this.....knowing all will be judged fairly including me and YOU or.....you will die first and then receive your judgement and to everyone who refuses the son will not see the father.

Your hearts are hardened and you can not understand scriptures and their meaning because Christ has not sent the Holy Spirit to you. For this I feel sorry for you but if you think a Christian will not defend his faith with more than words you will be shocked and confused as you are right now.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Why were you in jail as a child?
My hunch - same attitude as you display in this thread. The problem with the "fishers of kids" who go into prisons is that those kids don't need "Jesus"....they need counseling to help them develop social skills and coping mechanisms that they are lacking due to their environments and/or ability to express themselves in a healthy way.

Many "born agains" are born in prison. The preachers prey on the weakest, most confused, and desperate - that is their M.O. Like any other addictive substance.....those who are lacking strength or in too much misery to continue without their Drug of Choice will grasp onto whatever lifeline is tossed to them. Unfortunately, they know exactly where to find the most populated "pond". Assaulting captives with veiled judgment and propaganda.
They should absolutely be stopped from poisoning the minds of youths.

edit on 8/13/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: 3danimator2014

The most anti christian messages are coming from people calling themselves Christians.

I know. Ridiculous aint it?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

?Is it the word of God.

Everyone who is involved in a religion has their own idea, their own interpretation as to what that actually is and which can be made sense of .

You are correct and a US state has denied the right of "someone in faith" from talking about what the bible specifically states is a sin.

BUT..... lets take a quick look in Texas:

Atheists still unhappy over 'Jesus welcomes you' sign on private property.

LINK

Even though this sign is on private property atheist feel offended and DEMAND its removal. This is OK ... right?

Atheists can be pissed all day, and whine about it all night, but if the sign is really on private property then they have no case.

You make it sound like THOSE atheists represent the will of all atheists in the country.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

For this I feel sorry for you but if you think a Christian will not defend his faith with more than words you will be shocked and confused as you are right now.

Yeah. Because Jesus was one of the meanest, most violent and ugly humans ever to walk this earth. You're (all y'all bible thumpers who act like you are acting) are doing a bang-up job of emulating him.
Not.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
It's really f*king irritating that i can't just say whats on my mind because some ignoramus think's it's ok to bash my opinion based on what i believe simply because they don't agree.

So, you're really irritated that you can't speak what's on your mind without other people speaking what's on their minds? Have I got that right? You're upset because you have the freedom to speak your mind, but other people shouldn't have the same freedom to speak their minds?

You poor thing!

Sadly, I see this attitude all over ATS these days. Demanding your own freedom, yet wishing to deny others the same freedom... I think you don't understand what real freedom is...
edit on 8/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I don't think you understand his point. Christians are supposed to be the pinnacle of morals, ethics, knowledge, and spirituality. Meaning you're supposed to be a cut above the rest of us. You know, the chosen ones. The salt of the earth, and all that. He's just saying we're not feeling the love, man. It's hard to look up to the faithful, when they're down in the pit with the rest of us, and slinging mud with the best of us.

Quite the opposite Klassified,
Christians are as messed up as the rest of the world. The difference is that a Christian knows he or she is messed up while most others do not know they are messed up. A Christian can and do and will sin till they are dead but have a chance of eternal salvation through Christ Jesus. A Christian is not a cut above anyone else nor should they ever profess any superiority over any other human and they are not chosen ones whatsoever. By the way a Christian is not necessarily the brightest person on the planet either. You are right. We are mud slinging hypocrites and right down in the pit beside you but we still have that hope of eternal salvation through Christ Jesus. Actually we are all in this ride together.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

The difference is that a Christian knows he or she is messed up while most others do not know they are messed up.

No. Most messed up people know they are messed up.

A Christian can and do and will sin till they are dead but have a chance of eternal salvation through Christ Jesus.

Sounds like a cop-out excuse, like a spoiled child who breaks a gift or toy or phone because "Dad will get me a new one."

A Christian is not a cut above anyone else nor should they ever profess any superiority over any other human and they are not chosen ones whatsoever.

Truth.

By the way a Christian is not necessarily the brightest person on the planet either.
Hear hear!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Quite the opposite Klassified,
Christians are as messed up as the rest of the world. The difference is that a Christian knows he or she is messed up while most others do not know they are messed up. A Christian can and do and will sin till they are dead but have a chance of eternal salvation through Christ Jesus. A Christian is not a cut above anyone else nor should they ever profess any superiority over any other human and they are not chosen ones whatsoever. By the way a Christian is not necessarily the brightest person on the planet either. You are right. We are mud slinging hypocrites and right down in the pit beside you but we still have that hope of eternal salvation through Christ Jesus. Actually we are all in this ride together.

It's unfortunate the majority of your brothers and sisters don't share your humility.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

No. Most messed up people know they are messed up.

Perhaps but not always shown in society. Ferguson riots are one example. Quite sure most think they are right but are they? Opinions prevail do they not and the judges are?

Sounds like a cop-out excuse, like a spoiled child who breaks a gift or toy or phone because "Dad will get me a new one."

Sounds that way to you because you believe it to be. You also show your belief as a broken toy with no Dad to buy you a new one. Matter of belief is it not? LOL

A Christian can also be the brightest on the planet. But no hear, hear.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Seede because: Forgot to sign off

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

A Christian can and do and will sin till they are dead but have a chance of eternal salvation through Christ Jesus.

isnt that nice...a murderer and child rapist can repent and go to heaven but a loving gay couple who never hurt a soul is going STRAIGHT TO HELL TO BURN FORVER!!!

Doesnt it make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This is so funny. The title says the chaplain was "banned" from preaching that homosexuality is a sin. That's not true. He is still free to preach this crap about homosexuality in his home, his church, on the street corner if he wants.

In fact, it was HIS CHOICE to volunteer with these kids and he CHOSE not to comply with the rules of the program he volunteered for AND state law.

That's like saying I was "banned" from driving because I wanted to go 80 and the law doesn't let me. Boo-Hoo! Poor me! I'm so persecuted! Damn you, Obama!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Why were you in jail as a child?
My hunch - same attitude as you display in this thread. The problem with the "fishers of kids" who go into prisons is that those kids don't need "Jesus"....they need counseling to help them develop social skills and coping mechanisms that they are lacking due to their environments and/or ability to express themselves in a healthy way.

Many "born agains" are born in prison. The preachers prey on the weakest, most confused, and desperate - that is their M.O. Like any other addictive substance.....those who are lacking strength or in too much misery to continue without their Drug of Choice will grasp onto whatever lifeline is tossed to them. Unfortunately, they know exactly where to find the most populated "pond". Assaulting captives with veiled judgment and propaganda.
They should absolutely be stopped from poisoning the minds of youths.

I ran away from home when I was fifteen because I could not take anymore beatings from my drunk father. I ran off to California and was caught eating raw lemons (I was starving) in someone's backyard and I was arrested for stealing. Since I refused to identify myself I was put in a juvenile detention facility. It was wrong to steal.

BTW the juvenile detention facility was heaven compared to my home. I was in a Los Angeles Detention facility in the early 70's and no one cared about kids back then. Some never left and were found hanging in their cells.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I ran away from home when I was fifteen because I could not take anymore beatings from my drunk father.

A lot of LGBT youth are kicked out of their homes at the same age, because their religious parents "disown" them. And you want preachers to be ADDING to the crap they deal with?

Where's your compassion?

40% of Homeless Youth are LGBT. Family Rejection Is Leading Cause

edit on 8/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

?Is it the word of God.

Everyone who is involved in a religion has their own idea, their own interpretation as to what that actually is and which can be made sense of .

You are correct and a US state has denied the right of "someone in faith" from talking about what the bible specifically states is a sin.

BUT..... lets take a quick look in Texas:

Atheists still unhappy over 'Jesus welcomes you' sign on private property.

LINK

Even though this sign is on private property atheist feel offended and DEMAND its removal. This is OK ... right?

That person of faith is working at a STATE run facility. Which means in a way I agree with you. He shouldn't be there at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join