It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaplains banned from preaching that homosexuality is a sin.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Amen.

I don't walk on water and never claimed I could.

I am not perfect and neither is anyone here!

I don't point fingers at God for my mistakes or the mistakes others make!

I don't accuse God for the current condition of this planet!

I don't accuse God for sickness, war, poverty, murder, the total chaos in this world.

I thank God for my family.

I thank God for my home and the peace within my home.

I thank God that I had plenty to eat and drink..... everyday.

I thank God for hearing and answering my prayers.

I thank God that he sent his only begotten SON to earth who died for everyone sin's who believes and follows him.

I thank God that he has always kept his promises.

I thank God that he will one day release his SON to judge and rule this earth as KING and reclaim what belongs to his father.

Praise be to the one true God, his son and the Holy Spirit.

AMEN

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Chaplains do NOT work for any religious organization which would be protected. This particular chaplain is employed by the State, so there is NO persecution. IF he was a baptist preacher or whatever, he would be free to claim whatever he wanted was a sin, while conveniently ignoring everything else listed as a sin that isn't followed today (I digress).

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
This particular chaplain is employed by the State, so there is NO persecution.

Yeah, he isn't even employed by them. He was a volunteer. He was volunteering, of his free will, to go in there and tell these kids that they were going to hell because of how they were born... I can't imagine why the state put the kibosh on that! LOL!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Yeah, God, God, God, whatever. But where is your Christian COMPASSION for these kids?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: NthOther

Maybe thats why recidivism is so high to begin with. Your logic fails. Recidivism is stupid high with all kinds of Jesus around, so getting rid of it aint gonna change anything, unless maybe for the better.

Someone agrees with you because of the star you received.

It must have been that word "aint" that impressed them.

And no one starred yours so?

More useless logic. How about we start actually considering the merits of an argument, or the all the contributing factors into various topics.

Then again, its easier to say things like "since those people clapped I must be right."

On the original topic, if we use some reasoning not based on patting ourselves on the back, we'd look at the situation and realize: The state is imprisoning people, which is a high stress environment with the potential for violence. Sending in Chaplin's that are running around telling people homosexuality is a sin, is igniting flames in an already high stress environment, for any inmates that are homosexual, they have to live under the threat of fear and persecution by their fellows.

So what makes sense here, bringing in a chaplin that respects all walks of life, or sending in a narrow minded one that is going to justify the next prison beating in the laundry room?

Yeah...
edit on 13-8-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: peter vlar

OK so you want to jump my ass but ignore Boymonkeys comments to me?

Is your bible an audiobook or something? Because reading comprehension doesnt seem to be your strong suit. What was there to comment on regarding what Boymonkey said? He was quoting YOU. You were the one who wasnt above killing us all of and letting "god sort it all out". He was calling you out on YOUR hypocrisy but apparently it went way over your head. And BTW, youre indignation is rather bizarre since I was sleeping when Boymonkey made that post. How was I supposed to say anything even if I disagreed? Do you see how ridiculous the entire proposition is? Am I supposed to maintain a 24/7 online presence to satisfy your moribund curiosities?

You are a HYPOCRITE.

How so? I pointed out facts, I pointed out YOUR hypocrisy. I realize it must be discomcerting to have your BS tossed back on your front doorstep, and judging by your rancor, it must've hit closer to home than you want to admit. Exactly what was hypocritical in my responses?

You have shown who you are on many occasions. You are the master at cherrypicking.

I show who I am everyday, everywhere. But cherrypicking? Thats an interesting charge from the cat who's headline isnt actually true because the Chaplain is not banned from preaching anything. Hes simply required to follow Ky state laws. Or did Christians become exempt from the law last night sometime?

Your heart is so full of hate I would almost bet that you have high blood pressure (not that I hope this is true) and probably a disability or sickness?

Because I call you out on being an ignorsnt hypocrite, Im full of hate? Not even close.

Looking to point blame or maybe you were sexual or mentally abused either way it shows in your post and in your spirit.

Theres that loving Christian compassion, kindness and cheek turning we all come to know and love! Well done making my points for me. Domt dispute the post, just make an inappropriate personal attack. Its pathetic and shows YOUR true colors.

OK come out now with your hate and deny this.

I look forward to your next biased post.

Denying the legitimacy of your "facts" is biased and hateful but you wanting to kill us all and let god sort 'em out is loving and Christian? I stand by my earlier statements... You are not a REAL Christian if you truly espouse everything you have been writing.

Its rather telling that instead of disputing what I posted, you resort to the infantile idiom of a personal attack.
Lets try again... Who decides what a REAL Christian is? Is there a guidebook or is it based on your personal proclivities?

And my other comment, i liked how you completely sidestepped the question snd spun it with a good ole fashioned evangelical twist. Or do,you simply refuse to accept the fact thst someone can be a good person who lives a virtuous life that draws from the message attributed to Jesus? Its obviius thst eith the hatefilled rhetoric you have spewed in my direction, that someone can still be entirely antithetical to everything Christ taught while claiming to have him in their lives as their guiding force.

No, the only hypocrite here is you. I don't make claims I cant back up and when I am in error, Im man enough to admit it just as I did when Bone75 pointed out that the Chaplain in question was a volunteer. I reread the article, saw my error and admitted such. Thats not hypocrisy at all. You on the other hand arent man or christian enough to admit if youre wrong and will instead resort to personal attacks and shifting goalposts because you know you can't actually refute reality. For the record, arrogance, arrogsnt,proud and haughty, which based on your reply to me are extraordinarily appropos as synonyms for you, are mentioned over 200 times in the Bible snd in nesrly every occurence is a behavior detestsble by your god. The bible says that those with an arrogant and haughty heard are an abomination to Him.

Proverbs 16:5 says " everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord;be assured, he will not go unpunished".

Proverbs 6:16-19 of the 7 things the bible tells us that God hates, haughty eyes(a proud look) is the first one on thst list.

Mark 7:20-23 Jesus himself says "What comes out of a person is what defiles him" he then goes on to list the 13 characteristics of those who are outside of Gods favor with arrogance being right next to sexual impropriety and murder.

2 Peter 1:5-7 "It is incumbent upon believers to recognize thst being arrogant or having a pompous attitude is antithetical to godliness"

2 Timothy 3:2 Arrogance is nothing more than a display of ones self importance

Mark 10:43-45. "But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whomever would be first among you would be slave to us all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give his life for a ransom of many" What that means is that being boastful snd espousing an "Im better than you" attitude reeks of intimidation and destroys our relatiinshios with others but Jesus taught us to put others begore ourselves.

Yup... I must be the hypocrite here...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The bickering and off topic remarks at each other stop NOW!!!!

You are responsible for your own posts....posts will continue to be removed, civility must be observed.

Community Announcement re: Decorum
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
yet nobody has a problem with the chaplain reading the condemned their last rights.....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

Pretty sure Chaplains only do that upon the request of the condemned.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

and? dont the prisons have the chaplains come in to do bible study? is that because there is no christians in prisons or because there are? so whats the issue about a chaplain talking to other christians about homosexuality? unless the prisons are forcing religion down their necks?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

There are paid Chaplains that work for the Prison system, but this isn't about one of them. This thread is about a volunteer chaplain who refused to follow the law, so they revoked his proselytizing permit.

Justice, Bureau of Prisons/Federal Prison System, Open Apply ... CHAPLAIN .... Lexington, Kentucky, $46,745.00 - $59,896.00
www.jobsfed.com...

edit on 13-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

There are paid Chaplains that work for the Prison system, but this isn't about one of them. This thread is about a volunteer chaplain who refused to follow the law, so they revoked his proselytizing permit.

Justice, Bureau of Prisons/Federal Prison System, Open Apply ... CHAPLAIN .... Lexington, Kentucky, $46,745.00 - $59,896.00
www.jobsfed.com...

and? so because he didnt recieve a salary he cant talk about homosexuality but the paid ones are? or what? whats your point?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

and? so because he didnt recieve a salary he cant talk about homosexuality but the paid ones are? or what? whats your point?

My point? It seems to be how obtuse you are being!

NOBODY is allowed to condemn LGBTQI prisoners within the juvenile prison system.

I. POLICY
In accordance with state and federal laws, each juvenile under the
jurisdiction of the Department for Juvenile Justice (DJJ), shall have the
right to live in an environment free of harassment and discrimination. DJJ
shall be committed to providing a healthy and accepting setting for
juveniles placed in the care of DJJ. DJJ staff shall respect the dignity of
lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and intersex (LGBTQI)
juveniles and create an environment that is safe and free of discrimination.
djj.ky.gov...

This was the notification that the [i[volunteer got for refusing to comply with the law.

"However, due to your decision, based on your religious convictions, that you cannot comply with the requirements outlined in DJJ Policy 912, Section IV, Paragraph H, regarding the treatment of LGBTQI youth, I must terminate your involvement as a religious volunteer."

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

My point? It seems to be how obtuse you are being!

NOBODY is allowed to condemn LGBTQI prisoners within the juvenile prison system.

I. POLICY
In accordance with state and federal laws, each juvenile under the
jurisdiction of the Department for Juvenile Justice (DJJ), shall have the
right to live in an environment free of harassment and discrimination. DJJ
shall be committed to providing a healthy and accepting setting for
juveniles placed in the care of DJJ. DJJ staff shall respect the dignity of
lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and intersex (LGBTQI)
juveniles and create an environment that is safe and free of discrimination.
djj.ky.gov...

This was the notification that the [i[volunteer got for refusing to comply with the law.

"However, due to your decision, based on your religious convictions, that you cannot comply with the requirements outlined in DJJ Policy 912, Section IV, Paragraph H, regarding the treatment of LGBTQI youth, I must terminate your involvement as a religious volunteer."

are the lgbt a protected species now or? do their rights trump everyone elses?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I could ask the same questions of Christians who believe that their rights trump everyone else's and that they should be above the law.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I could ask the same questions of Christians who believe that their rights trump everyone else's and that they should be above the law.

christians right CLEARLY dont trump anyones...their rights being trampled on in america is proof of that

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

LOL

Poor little Christians aren't allowed to discriminate against LGBTQI anymore. They're sooooo persecuted!

LOL

ETA: Actually, LGBTQI rights aren't at all secured, Federally. But where they are Christians are having cows! LOL

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

LOL

Poor little Christians aren't allowed to discriminate against LGBTQI anymore. They're sooooo persecuted!

LOL

nice strawman.....im done

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It's not a strawman. The Christian persecution complex is no secret. Even YOU yourself pulled it out! Poor Christians can't go proselytize to captive LGBTQI youths, to reinforce to them just how disgusting they are. Boo Hoo!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

christians right CLEARLY dont trump anyones...their rights being trampled on in america is proof of that

Could you give me some examples of Christian rights being trampled on? And this thread does not count, because the Chaplains rights are not being trampled on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join