It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaplains banned from preaching that homosexuality is a sin.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Laws from men.
Oh and yes preaching being gay is a sin is hate filled.
It isn't and most of western society agrees it's only one group I see who wish to demonise gay folk.
Oh and tough luck If you want people to agree with you and your religion go to another site.
Also just to point out If it was Hindus being told they can not tell everyone they can't say "don't eat cows" this thread wouldn't exist.
Do you presume to speak for me and other members without first asking permission and what our opinions might be?

edit on 13-8-2015 by JohnthePhilistine because: dude's a prick

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
You do make a good point however with one large disinfo - not all, actually few REAL Christians chastise those who live in sin.

And much like you chastise Boymonkey regarding who determines which laws are outdated ( seems a little hypocritical there don't you think?), who decides what a REAL Christian is? Would it be your own judgment or interpretation of what makes one a REAL Christian?

Sinners need Christ and need to learn how to walk the straight and narrow path that leads us to God.

Apparently you're not a REAL Christian then as you're chastising the incarcerated "sinners", who by the way are children. Why do they NEED Christ? Why is the path to YOUR version of God the "straight and narrow path"? Are you that arrogant in your convictions that you refuse to recognize that YOUR path is not the only path one needs to, should or can walk that will end up with them being a good person? You do realize that one can appreciate the message of Christ and find merit in the message, live their life as a good and virtuous person... yet not have to accept the divinity of your personal Lord and Savior right? If it works for you, great but Jesus being a demi god like Heracles is not a prerequisite for being a good person. Not required to treat others with respect, kindness or courtesy. Morals don't stem from Jesus, they stem from good influences and neither God nor Jesus are required to be that influence.
edit on 13-8-2015 by peter vlar because: punctuation is good

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine
a reply to: NthOther

I do get your point. I still will have to add, for those who may not have personal experience, that in prison just like war-zones there will always be plenty of prayer and reliance on one's God. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

...been in a "war-zone" your posted statement is lower than moronic….

so you are either a liar yourself or a poser which is worse.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Read the article. It clearly states about 10 times that this guy was a volunteer.

Oh and what's up with the LGBTQI ? I really wish they'd make up their minds as to who's included in their group and who isn't.

What does the "I" even stand for?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Laws from men.
Oh and yes preaching being gay is a sin is hate filled.
It isn't and most of western society agrees it's only one group I see who wish to demonise gay folk.
Oh and tough luck If you want people to agree with you and your religion go to another site.
Also just to point out If it was Hindus being told they can not tell everyone they can't say "don't eat cows" this thread wouldn't exist.
Do you presume to speak for me and other members without first asking permission and what our opinions might be?

Why not? I didn't sign a permission form for you to speak for me with your inane "war zone" comment did I? FYI... I never prayed and the axiom of there are no atheists in foxholes is poo. I'll go even farther and say that anyone praying under incoming fire is a detriment to his unit because they're worrying about their own salvation and not the rest of their unit because they're not doing their damned job.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

"I"... don't know anymore?

I'm a little surprised "they" used the acronym in any kind of official capacity. It would make sense that they first stop changing/adding to the acronym before they start codifying it, would it not?

Otherwise, it's just a legal quagmire waiting to happen.

"Is the I before the Q or after? Where's the comma?"

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: peter vlar

Read the article. It clearly states about 10 times that this guy was a volunteer.

Oh and what's up with the LGBTQI ? I really wish they'd make up their minds as to who's included in their group and who isn't.

10 times huh? It said it once and I missed it. So in that regard, I was incorrect. It doesn't change the fact that these correctional facilities have on staff Chaplains who are in fact paid and the volunteer Chaplains are there typically to proselytize. This is where my mistake came into play when I missed the one reference to his volunteer status.

It is fine with me that they offer the service as there is typically only 1 fulltime Chaplain and an assistant, so if those they are proselytizing to are willing recipients, then it's none of my business. At the end of the day though, it's a state run facility and they have every right to set parameters for how outside individuals operate within their facilities. Nobody is stripping away this gentleman's rights to preach or proselytize to his congregation, family, friends or anyone else in the public world that wants to hear his message.

And the "I" stands for Intersex. It's a genetic condition and chromosomal anomaly that makes distinguishing gender extremely difficult or even impossible. It includes things like "genital ambiguity" and variations of chromosomal genotype and sexual phenotype other than XX and XY. It's not a sexual orientation, its a lack of gender identity on a genetic level.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
So hte title is wrong - no-one is banned from preaching that homosexuality is a sin.

You should check he T&C's before publishing bravo sierra!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

a reply to: NthOther

I do get your point. I still will have to add, for those who may not have personal experience, that in prison just like war-zones there will always be plenty of prayer and reliance on one's God. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

...been in a "war-zone" your posted statement is lower than moronic….

so you are either a liar yourself or a poser which is worse.
Mood:42 I like it. Shows you've, at the least, read a book and thought. You are not the first person to suggest that I may be a moron but a liar, I am not. Poser? Do the kids still say that? As in "Lemme is god but Quiet Riot are just posers?" Come on, man. Do you think I'm gonna tell you some stories or something to prove myself to you? I wouldn't have given you even this much of my time except I'm drunk and you have mood:42. I'm up this late watching my friend die and waiting to call the hospice people if he does. What is such a smart fellow as you doing up this late and #ing with posers?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Well of course. People aren't allowed to speak their minds anymore even if it makes them vomit hundreds of times simply thinking about it. Anything that isn't against White People, Straight People or People who simply want to be left the fork alone is referred to as ANTI. It's really f*king irritating that i can't just say whats on my mind because some ignoramus think's it's ok to bash my opinion based on what i believe simply because they don't agree. @@##$$%%

This world is f*cked. I really hope it implodes soon, im done with this place, it's turned into a farking ZOO for the mentally inept 'correct adjenda'.
edit on 8/13/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
www.slowlyboiledfrog.com...

Volunteers working with juveniles shall not refer to juveniles by using derogatory language in a manner that conveys bias towards or hatred of the LGBTQI community. DJJ staff, volunteers, interns and contractors shall not imply or tell LGBTQI juveniles that they are abnormal, deviant, sinful or that they can or should change their sexual orientation or gender identity.

I agree with this above is it ok telling kids in prison that some others are sinful or devient? wouldn't this target some gay folk in prison kids at that?.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This subject is in need for a really good discussion for two main reasons:

a. if God created the world and especially man, as the religious claim, then he also created homosexuality - maybe he did it as a restraint process again over-breeding. But you cannot cherry pick on what parts of dogma you want.

He didn't make homosexuality a sin in the 10 Commandments and if he had hated it, he would not have created it.

We aren't all straight heterosexuals neither as this trait is observed in both the plant or animal kingdom.

b. The benefit to the power brokers of religion the priests. Marriage means work for the priests of all religions and a means of earning because once people are sucked into religious belief and in the most part its conditioned belief, it earns money to finance these pariahs of society with dealing their financial 'target market' is the next generation. Its their ticket for a meal to force people to marry and much easier to govern people in 'family blocks' rather than singe units, let us not forget which is a reason for government to deliberately maintain religion. Once you have the 'distraction' of a family you have a lot to deal with (which personally suits me and I love it, but children are not everyone's choice or stress), which should be respected. (I am not going into homosexuals right to parent here) just the hypocrisy of criticising something God designed if you believe religions claim of his omnipotency.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Slowly it starts; secular government forcing those who preach the word of God as to what they "can say" and "cannot say" in public.

Yeah..isnt it great? And no, im not being sarcastic.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Slowly it starts; secular government forcing those who preach the word of God as to what they "can say" and "cannot say" in public.

That's absolutely not true! They simply give the minister a choice. Either volunteer here and follow state law, or don't. There's NOTHING about him spewing his religious crap in public. And it's not just chaplains who have to follow the law (another attempt at religious victimization). No one can denigrate or abuse these kids. (How terrible, huh?)

Kentucky Juvenile Justice Policy and Procedures

DJJ staff, volunteers, interns, and contractors, in the course of their work, shall not refer to juveniles by using derogatory language in a manner that conveys bias towards or hatred of the LGBTQI community. DJJ staff, volunteers, interns, and contractors shall not imply or tell LGBTQI juveniles that they are abnormal, deviant, sinful, or that they can or should change their sexual orientation or gender identity.

NO ONE, especially the state, should be trying to twist the young people's minds as regards religion or sexual orientation, I don't care WHO it is.

The idea of shaming young people because of who they are obviously appeals to bigots. But the state has a job to protect these youth and it shouldn't take a religious stance against freedom for people to be who they are.
edit on 8/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

You do make a good point however with one large disinfo - not all, actually few REAL Christians chastise those who live in sin.

And much like you chastise Boymonkey regarding who determines which laws are outdated ( seems a little hypocritical there don't you think?), who decides what a REAL Christian is? Would it be your own judgment or interpretation of what makes one a REAL Christian?

Sinners need Christ and need to learn how to walk the straight and narrow path that leads us to God.

Apparently you're not a REAL Christian then as you're chastising the incarcerated "sinners", who by the way are children. Why do they NEED Christ? Why is the path to YOUR version of God the "straight and narrow path"? Are you that arrogant in your convictions that you refuse to recognize that YOUR path is not the only path one needs to, should or can walk that will end up with them being a good person? You do realize that one can appreciate the message of Christ and find merit in the message, live their life as a good and virtuous person... yet not have to accept the divinity of your personal Lord and Savior right? If it works for you, great but Jesus being a demi god like Heracles is not a prerequisite for being a good person. Not required to treat others with respect, kindness or courtesy. Morals don't stem from Jesus, they stem from good influences and neither God nor Jesus are required to be that influence.

There is ONE WAY to the father and it is through the SON not the SUN BUT HIS SON.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think the bigger travesty is that it was ever allowed at a state administrated facility for juveniles to start with. It has taken the U.S. 200+ years to finally recognize the gay community has rights too. As individuals, and as a group. They, along with the rest of us who don't subscribe to the dominant Christian culture in this country deserve the same rights and protections under the constitution that Christianity has always received, and takes for granted. Religion has been spoiled rotten in this country, and when our secular government finally puts the kabosh on rampant bigotry, then "The Christian Purge Has Begun"...

As has been stated many times. Christianity is the dominant religion in Western civilization. About 75% +/- in the U.S. alone claim Christianity as their faith. No rights as individuals, or as a group, have been taken from Christians. But since Christianity in general, fails miserably at recognizing the rights of others not to be accosted with a leather bible, state and federal government have had to force the issue.
Religion ends, where the rights of the rest of us begin.

edit on 8/13/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/13/2015 by Klassified because: spelling

edit on 8/13/2015 by Klassified because: Bah! Formatting

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
So hte title is wrong - no-one is banned from preaching that homosexuality is a sin.

You should check he T&C's before publishing bravo sierra!

What are you trying to say? huh?

You make no sense at all?

If you would re read the thread and the link provided you would see that Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice said it is forbidden to preach that homosexuality is a sin and if he does not stop his credentials would no longer be valid.

Did you miss that or are you simply trolling?

It is clear you are simply trolling and you should read the T&C concerning trolling.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Well of course. People aren't allowed to speak their minds anymore even if it makes them vomit hundreds of times simply thinking about it. Anything that isn't against White People, Straight People or People who simply want to be left the fork alone is referred to as ANTI. It's really f*king irritating that i can't just say whats on my mind because some ignoramus think's it's ok to bash my opinion based on what i believe simply because they don't agree. @@##$$%%

This world is f*cked. I really hope it implodes soon, im done with this place, it's turned into a farking ZOO for the mentally inept 'correct adjenda'.

WOW.... you read my mind. I think I will join you. Like my dad always said, "Kill them all and let God sort them out."

Death been there, done that, and it is no big deal........ not until you are standing before God, speechless, helpless and full of fear. I can't wait for God to judge this world and its people......which includes me. Only then will there be true justice for all.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

"Kill them all and let God sort them out."

Anyone noticing a trend recently on ATS or is it just me?.
edit on 13-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

WOW.... you read my mind. I think I will join you. Like my dad always said, "Kill them all and let God sort them out."

Death been there, done that, and it is no big deal........ not until you are standing before God, speechless, helpless and full of fear. I can't wait for God to judge this world and its people......which includes me. Only then will there be true justice for all.

Spoken like a true christian...full of hatred and venom. Well done for living up to the stereotype.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join