It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tolerance is Intolerable and Priorities are Backwards

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Been a while since I've let off some steam here ATS, I don't tend to post personal stories anymore, but this one is simply drowning in controversy... and that's pretty much what ATS is for, right?

The thing I love about this country is the insight we have on our priorities. Really.

Never mind the economic collapse in Greece - no, we have fabricated racism to fight against.

PROTESTERS DECLARE THEY ARE READY FOR WAR AS THE IMPOVERISHED INNER CITIES THREATEN TO ERUPT

When some stupid child opens fire on police completely unprovoked AND using a stolen handgun, what do you expect? Of course he was shot down. It's a new level of emotional blindness and whining stupidity we've reached when anyone who isn't white can have their deaths chalked up to racism and they're automatically painted up to be innocent. I'm no fan of the police state - but in this case, they had every right to shoot the kid. He opened fire on them.

Don't we have bigger problems?

Over the previous year (July 2014 — July 2015), those in the age group 55 and older gained 1,554,000 jobs. Youth, 16-18 and 20-24, lost 887,000 and 489,000 jobs.

Source ^

Us meddling with things overseas goes without saying... or at least, I hope it does. I hope nobody ever forgets that there are still people being murdered or starving all over the world - including here at home - while we work our damn jobs and keep out damn video games to dull the mind during our free time. I hope everyone who said "I don't care" at some point someday realizes that nothing in this world is separate from them. They don't care because they think it doesn't affect them... I've had SO many people say that to me...

Your home country's economy doesn't affect you?

The laws passed that you're forced to abide by don't affect you?

The police pulling you over and deciding that you owe the state three hundred dollars for literally no reason doesn't affect you? It sure as hell affects me. That's my food money.

Why is everyone so fixated on living in pretend land?

Why does everyone have to paint up their own world instead of seizing the one we have?

Conspiracy theorists are paranoid whackjobs or paid reptilian shills while the mainstream media continues it's song-and-dance, pretending to know what's important and what's not. Donald Trump raises eyebrows and makes us question his intentions, meanwhile children who's names we don't know continue to go hungry all over the world, including here in America. Native Americans freeze to death in the winter because their living conditions are comparable to a third world country. Hell, I live in a city where a gang of African Americans killed a white couple shortly after raping the wife in front of the husband a few years back. Nobody ever hears about those acts of racism, namely because they don't have a black victim to exploit - NO, I'm not defending white racism. I've experienced my share of it. I've listened to the ignorant ramblings of these idiotic and barely comprehensible white southerners more times than I care to count, because I live in east Tennessee. These people, often times, are my family. That doesn't make their bigoted racism any more tolerable, though.

I digress.

We have so many problems that nobody pays mind to. Why do we ignore it? There are two major reasons; fear and exhaustion. The overwhelming fear of the heavy reality that our problems carry, and the exhaustion caused by us slaving away at our jobs to meet the ever growing standard and pay all the expenses that the current cost of living demands. We hardly have room to think about bigger problems anymore. We're struggling and living day-to-day.

But we still don't have the privilege of stopping.

Not while everything is crooked.

But we have companies refusing to use gender labels on their toys, because offending transgenders and transsexuals is, for some ungodly reason, at the top of our priorities list.

Target Ditches Gender Labeling For Toys

That's great and all, but why should we care...?

As a general rule, I personally don't consider an issue particularly important if lives are not at stake. No, I'm not saying the communities living alternative lifestyles simply do not matter. That is not what I'm saying at all.

My point is this; on one hand, we have people with hurt feelings because their schools won't let them use the bathroom that they prefer to use. A biologically male pre-op transgender who wishes to be female wants to use the girl's bathroom, and he is unable to because of the regulations in his school.

On the other hand; we have bombs falling. We have starvation. We have famine. We have terrorism, foreign and domestic. We have every and any major problem we can possibly imagine.

Priorities.

Thing is, it's become such an emotional issue that people promptly abandon all logic when their favorite hot topic is brought up. Racism, sexism, discrimination against gays and transgenders... so on and so forth.

We have pro abortion protesters gladly bragging that they "Kill their kids."

We have a community of trendies who revel in nitpicking and whining at anything and everything a person can say, somehow finding an excuse to be offended out of nothing.

Bigger problems can't matter when we're all constantly inventing little ones.

Yeah, yeah, it's fun to live in fairy land and fight the manifested battles that you dream up... but you're wasting the time of those of us who actually harbor an interest in making a better world. You're an anchor to the rest of us who are trying to set sail and move on.

Here's my finisher.

I have a very large family. Both sides are southern and are comprised of redblooded Christian Conservatives. They can be overly stubborn and downright arrogant sometimes, but on a whole, they're protective and hardworking and I love them despite all their little flukes.

I also have a little sister who used to be the pinnacle of expressionism in my eye. She wouldn't mean to, but she'd act just like me; eccentric, sometimes angry, fun loving, extremely random and slightly manipulative on occasion. Years ago I would tell her anything that I might have learned on ATS, or something I heard on the Alex Jones Show. I was a teenager and my little sister and I were conspiracy buddies. But now, she's become a completely different person.

We were distant with each other for a few years because I wasn't talking to my family. I've had a lot of complicated issues with them and I moved away. When I finally started talking to them again this passed Christmas, I've noticed a lot of peculiar changes in my little sister.

-[Continued]-

edit on Xx253101031AM810 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

You cover a lot of bases there, the pod people are a very real problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX A couple of our points are good. The rest adds to the whining exponentialy. It's text yet my ears were becoming irritated, odd.

edit on 11-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
-[Continued]-

She cut and dyed her hair a rainbow color. She's always wearing hipster glasses. And... God help me... she's constantly spewing some ambitious left-wing propaganda that I most certainly didn't introduce her to. She looks completely different, and now, she is convinced that her name is Jake and that she should have been born a man. She gets angry at everyone in the family for using female pronouns when we talk to her. If anyone dares call her cute or beautiful, she throws a fit and complains that her feelings are hurt.

It was more than enough to hear the religious rants and the "PRAISE JESUS" shyz from everyone in my family... I'm not an atheist, but that doesn't make me a Christian. I belong to no faith apart from my own.

But now we have this incredibly stubborn and religious family struggling to understand and compromise with my little sister, who has become nothing more than a vacant attention-seeking shell of a human being. She calls the Bible a "bigot book" and if anyone in my family dares defend their faith, my little sister will seek out the nearest social media and bitch about how our family is oppressing her and ruining her life.

My family is far from perfect, but she is raising hell now...

Now before anyone rips me to pieces because "I just don't understand" or "I'm an insensitive bigot" (had my fair share of arguments with trendies in the past), I know her. I know this isn't her. But any suggestion that she's confused infuriates her, and it automatically makes you a bigot. That, my friends, is what I call leftist-logic.

Kinda like how gays marrying means God hates you is rightwing-logic.

I've tolerated it but that's not enough. She wants me to change the way I address her. She gets very offended if I use the biological definition of "gender" rather than the cultural one. The biological meaning is simply this; males have male parts. Females have female parts.

But the cultural definition means, essentially, you are whatever gender you want to be.

I don't use that definition, and I'm not changing that.

Nor will I call her by a name that is completely different from the name she's had all her life.

This child wants my family to pay for her to have testosterone pills.

She is thirteen years old.

Are we really bigots for telling her no?

Is that how this world works now?

Is this what's important?

Is this what activism is?

Death and poverty aren't the issues? It's this whiny manifested social-war hurt-feeling bs?

No, I refuse to accept that. And if that makes me a bigot - then by all means, call me every name in the friggin book. Being on a trendy's hate list is a compliment on my part. Have at me.

Sigh... finished

edit on Xx238101031AM810 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX A couple of our points are good. The rest adds to the whining exponentialy. It's text yet my ears were becoming irritated, odd.

I could say the same for you... and your ears hurting due to your reading text...

Take some asprin.

edit on Xx236101031AM810 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Your family should handle itself. If she/he wants to be addressed as he, do it. What would it hurt. Maybe she will grow out of it, maybe she really is a HE and won;t you feel like a jerk then? There are family problems and world problems. We all have to deal with all of them, all at the same time.

Put on your long pants and deal.

You have much more control over keeping family members close than you do over the world. Treat your family as you would want to be treated.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Just the tip of the iceberg prepare for all your freedoms to be gone as well as your guns. I think we have fallen onto a slippery slope of us vs them.

I think this country is headed for a revolt, question is which side are people on? Its all unknown unknowns, and the prison industrial complex just keeps on getting bigger, only a matter of time before its too big and out of controll just like the military.

Police are out of controll killing the people, people are jailed left and right, old school racism is on the rise not the decline, it would appear that there will be a change soon to come.

Racism will eventually end the people will beg for it to be over, more blood will most likely be shed, and the people will rally to the moral high ground away from racism. Those who cling to the old ways of racism will most likely be considered the enemy, and likened to terrorists, we see it happening even now in the media.

Be ready for a race war it may or may not come, it may be non racists of all peoples vs racists. Question is which side would most be on?

edit on 11-8-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Odd, in regard to some freedoms, we have gotten more.

Some of your points are true.

You talk race war, you sound like Charles Manson, though. Just sayin.

That is an excellent graphic though

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Your family should handle itself. If she/he wants to be addressed as he, do it. What would it hurt. Maybe she will grow out of it, maybe she really is a HE and won;t you feel like a jerk then? There are family problems and world problems. We all have to deal with all of them, all at the same time.

I'm not projecting here because I can't deal, my sister was just a perfectly prime example for the point of this thread. And no, I don't feel like a jerk.

When she's eighteen and if she still wants to be Jake, then that's fine with me.

But she's a child, and I'm pretty sure she has no idea what she's talking about as of now.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
From the words of Hunter S Thompson, perhaps a small solution....

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Problem with that is that a lot of the non-racist in fact are, and a lot of the racist in fact aren't . Depending, of course, on what side of the fence one sets on.

The real problem is a pop-culturally endorsed conformist mindset, not prejudicial attitudes. I can see the day when free expression of will may be proclaimed 'racism'. In fact, that day may already be here.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Manson? Really?
Thnx about the graphics I do try sometimes lol.
Did he say they will eventually reel in the 2nd amendment? Did he mention a race war where its the racists vs everyone else not racist?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX

I'm not projecting here because I can't deal, my sister was just a perfectly prime example for the point of this thread. And no, I don't feel like a jerk.

When she's eighteen and if she still wants to be Jake, then that's fine with me.

But she's a child, and I'm pretty sure she has no idea what she's talking about as of now.

13 is a little young to decide, but why 18? you going to wait 5 years if she/he doesn't change their mind?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Manson? Really?
Thnx about the graphics I do try sometimes lol.
Did he say they will eventually reel in the 2nd amendment? Did he mention a race war where its the racists vs everyone else not racist?

No. It just reminded me of that. sorry.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Racism will eventually end the people will beg for it to be over, more blood will most likely be shed, and the people will rally to the moral high ground away from racism. Those who cling to the old ways of racism will most likely be considered the enemy, and likened to terrorists, we see it happening even now in the media.

Black victims being exploited has spawned a whole new movement of activists promoting that "Black Lives Matter." Which is true, and it's a fantastic thought... if some of them weren't calling for cops to be shot for no reason, and if racist blacks wouldn't target whites in neighborhoods where they know they'll get away with it.

This crooked scale has infuriated the white community, I think. The old school white-on-black racism we see is being created out of retaliation. Whites are being demonized, and many of them are handling it in the worst way possible; fighting racism with racism.

That's just my perspective... as a southerner.

edit on Xx249101031AM810 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1

Problem with that is that a lot of the non-racist in fact are, and a lot of the racist in fact aren't . Depending, of course, on what side of the fence one sets on.

The real problem is a pop-culturally endorsed conformist mindset, not prejudicial attitudes. I can see the day when free expression of will may be proclaimed 'racism'. In fact, that day may already be here.

Just my opinion.

I agree a saying that is becoming more common is freedom isnt free.
I think we are on the edge staring down into the abyss of a civil war, if we go there its gonna be really really bad. But sometimes lessons are only learned the hard way. One day other nations may look at America and say they couldnt have just all got along, and they had it all, but they let it slip away.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1

Just my opinion.

The culture you're referring to can be synonymous with a prejudicial attitude... dance, puppets, dance!

edit on Xx251101031AM810 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

13 is a little young to decide, but why 18? you going to wait 5 years if she/he doesn't change their mind?

Yup.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Black victims being exploited has spawned a whole new movement of activists promoting that "Black Lives Matter." Which is true, and it's a fantastic thought... if some of them weren't calling for cops to be shot for no reason, and if racist blacks wouldn't target whites in neighborhoods where they know they'll get away with it.

This crooked scale has infuriated the white community, I think. The old school white-on-black racism we see is being created out of retaliation. Whites are being demonized, and many of them are handling it in the worst way possible; fighting racism with racism.

That's just my perspective... as a southerner.

Many whites have always been racist. Not you, not me. But this is not a 'chicken or the egg' conundrum. We all know where it started.

If you were a young black man in New York City in 2013, you would have been 'stopped and frisked' TWICE in one year, just for walking down the street. If it was me, I would have some extremely incendiary words to say in regard to police. Violent words.

This 'new activist' thing is a natural growth. One should have seen it from a mile away.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

If you were a young black man in New York City in 2013, you would have been 'stopped and frisked' TWICE in one year, just for walking down the street. If it was me, I would have some extremely incendiary words to say in regard to police. Violent words.

Twice in one year, huh... that's messed up.

But I used to get frisked in school on random days they'd decide to search everyone. School shootings really scare people, y'know...

Still... Black people deserve everything that anyone else does. But they do NOT, however, have the right to call for police to be shot for no reason whatsoever. That is when they breach the line of activism and enter the territory of terrorism.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join