It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tolerance is Intolerable and Priorities are Backwards

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Racism will eventually end the people will beg for it to be over, more blood will most likely be shed, and the people will rally to the moral high ground away from racism. Those who cling to the old ways of racism will most likely be considered the enemy, and likened to terrorists, we see it happening even now in the media.

Black victims being exploited has spawned a whole new movement of activists promoting that "Black Lives Matter." Which is true, and it's a fantastic thought... if some of them weren't calling for cops to be shot for no reason, and if racist blacks wouldn't target whites in neighborhoods where they know they'll get away with it.

This crooked scale has infuriated the white community, I think. The old school white-on-black racism we see is being created out of retaliation. Whites are being demonized, and many of them are handling it in the worst way possible; fighting racism with racism.

That's just my perspective... as a southerner.

Just saying be prepared, not saying its gonna happen. However it could happen, there are alot of people who pull public strings and get people thinking about one thing or the next. There is indeed a method to the madness.
So what do our social engineers want for us next? Who knows but be ready for it whatever it may be, it may be alot of new changes, or it may be nothing much at all. Be prepared for whatever may come, and do not put all your eggs in one basket, things may change, people may change, places may change. . . .

Black lives matter is a movement like it or not its there and they have a point, they are up against the racists that are out there. Yes there are racists out there, the movement is polarizing the country that I think that may be what its for, to push the us vs them, pointing to the racists wherever they may be.

As a white skinned person I am all for the black lives matter movement, because they do matter, and too much evil has been perpetrated onto our fellow humans especially people of color. Its done for various reasons, sometimes its racism, other times its depopulation, the reasons are many but it has the same result which is negativity in its many forms.

We are all one people all one race the human race, we have a divine destiny, we just have to stop killing and hating each other to realize it.
edit on 11-8-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

My father was firehosed in B'ham Al. until he literally nearly drowned when I was 2 years old.Just simply for being black in that town, in that era. Now THAT was racism.

So some baggy-pants wearing thug wannabe with a thug-n-drug swagger getting frisked twice really doesn't bother me a helluva lot.

To save the black community, eliminate the culture of violence within it and address the actual problems and things could truly improve.

Again, a leftist inspired pop culture is the actual threat here. These 'new activist' are band wagon trendies, controlled by the same exact forces that have been exploiting and slowly destroying the black family unit( and the white folks too,btw) for a half century.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I cringe at the thought of calling gun thugs terrorists, it is totally unnecessary and the potential for its abuse is staggering.

Let people shoot gun thugs, problem solved.

Make us accountable for our actions with citizen observation and the judicial system, some small force may be necessary but, the majority of society is self-policed.

Otherwise, I agree with you, I just had to inject that qualification into this discussion.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
That video reminds me of Gil Scot Heron (the revolution will not be televised)

OP, I think your little sister needs to read what you wrote.

It's sad to see so much radical change in ones we love. It's hard to deal with but as I recall it was very hard just being 13 years old. Today the social media has a huge influence on kids. No doubt she is also rejecting your parents values and seeking to find out who she really is. She must test the boundaries before she can ever come back to just being herself. Time and love are your best allies so far as your sister is concerned. Don't be critical, just point out the positives in the opposite direction she is going in if that makes any sense. The more criticism she gets the further away she will go emotionally.

I agree that what falls under tolerance today is just a blanket excuse for a great deal of anti-social and immoral behaviors. Of course it's being heavily promoted to keep everyone from seeing the real problem with our current oligarchy and how they just get richer while everyone else gets poorer.

I don't worry about where I live but other areas of the country may be in for a rough ride. Maybe I'm overly pessimistic because I thought there would already be race riots going on. I don't see it changing direction is what troubles me most. No one is standing up and saying "what are you doing?". White people are NOT the enemy. The inner cities are full of poor because the very rich moved all our industry overseas. Many whites are in the same boat as the protesters but that gets conveniently forgotten.

I still can't shake the feeling something big is coming. Something on the order of economic collapse or world war. Again, maybe it's just the pessimist in me but I have never felt this before in my 50-some years on the planet.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Stop listening to Alex Jones is my advice and keep your race wars on your side of the Atlantic, I want no part in any of it.
edit on 11-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

There's a lot of stuff there. Just a few thoughts....

You mentioned the gender labels at Target (and the big issue vs small issue sentiment) and it steered my mind towards a few of my coworkers who are self proclaimed Feminists. Now, I understand that under the umbrella of Feminist there are individuals who have their own ideas and philosophies. That being said, and the big vs small issue to me is maybe best shown by giving an example.
A few years back Lego announced the roll-out of building blocks/characters geared towards girls. I remember at the time the Feminists (in the media, which of course are the loud-mouths as well as the individuals I know personally) went bonkers about it. I was never fully able to understand their gripe, but perhaps that's because I'm a simpleton. So here you have an issue they were going on and on about. Girl-themed Legos.
Now, compare that to how Mulsims (of course not all, but MANY) in the United States treat their females (adults and children). Again, I'll use my own observations (which of course is not a scientific study). A few years back a Muslim family moved in next door. They are friendly enough. We exchange pleasantries when we see each other and all that neighborly stuff. However, I am amazed at what I see. The mom wears that head-scarf thing (I'm not sure if Burka is the right term as I know there are different version) which I have to assume is her choice. All the children (two boys aged about 5 and 11 and the girl, about 7) are home schooled. That is of itself I suppose is fine. For interaction, I notice on weekends other Muslim families come too their house and it is apparent they do special lessons at eachother's homes (planting vegetables, measuring rain I suppose, things like that). However, it is EXCLUSIVELY for the boys. The girls all sit in a row in the back yard near the garage and watch. The girls arent allowed to play any sports. Not allowed to take part in activities. They are forced to sit there. Beyond that, and again this is just my observations of what I see in my town, but to put it bluntly they treat the girls like crap.
Which brings me to this..... Why is it that Feminists go nuts over pink Legos, but say nothing at all about thousands (millions maybe) of girls being denied a full education and being treated as second class citizens by their own families? Why? The only thing I can think of is the a toy company is a soft target. It would be "politically incorrect" to delve into the Muslim community.
Just as a disclaimer, this was the example I have used. There are plenty of other groups doing horrible stuff, this is just what I see literally on a daily basis with my own eyes.

On the whole racism stuff.... Of course there is still (and always will be) some racists out there. I suspect that there are still institutions that haven't given it up yet. That being said, it's unfortunate that "stirring things up" is both such a powerful tool of distraction while being such a money-maker.
Fact of the matter is, I see our son in nursery school and the 4 year old kids don't even realize that different races are a "thing." It's not until adults (parents, teachers, media) start filling their heads with garbage that these issues will come up for them. Want to solve racism in one generation? Leave the kids alone.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
From the words of Hunter S Thompson, perhaps a small solution....

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

That's not really fair to the average ATS reader; they don't know that Thompson was one of the first Disciples of the Church of the Subgenious and who really understood and appreciated the difference between True Slack and False Slack.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It sounds like a young adult being a young adult -- shunning authority and doing the opposite of what her family wants.

People in the 1960's that did this were called "hippies".

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Oh the Flobots are pretty awesome. If you don't have their album -- you should get it

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Everyone;

My father was firehosed in B'ham Al. until he literally nearly drowned when I was 2 years old.Just simply for being black in that town, in that era. Now THAT was racism.

So some baggy-pants wearing thug wannabe with a thug-n-drug swagger getting frisked twice really doesn't bother me a helluva lot.

To save the black community, eliminate the culture of violence within it and address the actual problems and things could truly improve.

Again, a leftist inspired pop culture is the actual threat here. These 'new activist' are band wagon trendies, controlled by the same exact forces that have been exploiting and slowly destroying the black family unit( and the white folks too,btw) for a half century.

We are all one people all one race the human race, we have a divine destiny, we just have to stop killing and hating each other to realize it.

Otherwise, I agree with you, I just had to inject that qualification into this discussion.

Agreed.

It's sad to see so much radical change in ones we love. It's hard to deal with but as I recall it was very hard just being 13 years old. Today the social media has a huge influence on kids. No doubt she is also rejecting your parents values and seeking to find out who she really is. She must test the boundaries before she can ever come back to just being herself. Time and love are your best allies so far as your sister is concerned. Don't be critical, just point out the positives in the opposite direction she is going in if that makes any sense. The more criticism she gets the further away she will go emotionally.

I've written this to her before. The only real response I got was "This is WHO I am and if you don't accept it, that's YOUR problem." There was a bit when we were livid with each other too. That didn't help.

Really, she needs to break away and be alone. That's how I dealt.

She'll grow out of it.

Stop listening to Alex Jones is my advice and keep your race wars on your side of the Atlantic, I want no part in any of it.

Yes massah, I'll jus' drop everything I believe and do what you say.

You're gonna see a really ugly side of my if you derail this thread into a pissing contest about Alex Jones being a reptoid shill. Kindly evade that territory and keep your bias on your side of the Atlantic, thank you.

Fact of the matter is, I see our son in nursery school and the 4 year old kids don't even realize that different races are a "thing." It's not until adults (parents, teachers, media) start filling their heads with garbage that these issues will come up for them. Want to solve racism in one generation? Leave the kids alone.

DAMN straight! Your post is gorgeous. It's yet another example of trendy whiners bitching about something that frankly does not matter at all, while real issues are going on and they pay no mind to it. I know why.

They're intimidated by the weight of real issues.

They won't step out of line and tread onto real activism because there's actual risk involved. They wanna pretend they're making a difference while keeping their hands clean and staying on everyone's good side. With true activism, that simply isn't possible.

It sounds like a young adult being a young adult -- shunning authority and doing the opposite of what her family wants.

People in the 1960's that did this were called "hippies".

Yeah, my approach was spikes, chains, and leather. I still wear it on occasion but not often anymore. I'm guessing she saw my alternative looks and attitude and it wasn't an option in her head; she had to be something completely different from ALL of us.

Oh the Flobots are pretty awesome. If you don't have their album -- you should get it

I have it. "Stand Up" and "Handlebars" are my favorites

edit on Xx25960631PM86 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
She is 13,

"This is WHO I am and if you don't accept it, that's YOUR problem."
And she is absolutely right. You are hurting your own cause wit her if you don't let her figure things out on her own.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: olaru12
From the words of Hunter S Thompson, perhaps a small solution....

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

That's not really fair to the average ATS reader; they don't know that Thompson was one of the first Disciples of the Church of the Subgenious and who really understood and appreciated the difference between True Slack and False Slack.

Copy that....

and

"Learn to be a Connoisseur of the Obvious." - Clevecclesians 6:14

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It looks like this country has again wrecked another family and taken someone known and loved, chewed them up, and spat them out as some husk of a person. Unique personality replaced by identity-politics.

I feel for you man, I really do. Nothing of the sort has happened to my family yet, we are still clinging to pragmatism in the face of all this, thank god.

Hopefully this is just a phase with your little sis. Often times, it's not though. The atmosphere of whining, entitlement-driven social politics seems to permeate everything.

If I were you, I wouldn't stand for this #. Take your family back from these scum who sunk their claws in.

Also, good point about the natives. It makes me furious that they get ignored, shoved to the side while the whining SJW cockroaches take the spotlight. This country is quickly losing any redeeming value.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm pretty sure I saw them years ago when I lived in Richmond.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
She is 13,

And she is absolutely right. You are hurting your own cause wit her if you don't let her figure things out on her own.

Aha... yes, it's true, but a thirteen year old does not have the experience to rightfully say that they are "supposed to be a man." As said. If she's still on this path as an adult, then she can do whatever she likes.

But now? I'm just not buying it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

She is 13,

Aha... yes, it's true, but a thirteen year old does not have the experience to rightfully say that they are "supposed to be a man." As said. If she's still on this path as an adult, then she can do whatever she likes.

Enh, you may be right, but I do have to ask, how old are you that you are of age to know more about your sister's feelings than she does?

It really seems like you're trying to scale a molehill with an ice-pick here.

"SHE DYED HER HAIR RAINBOW"

Oh noes! #reasonsforsuicide
edit on 15-8-2015 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

She is 13,

Enh, you may be right, but I do have to ask, how old are you that you are of age to know more about your sister's feelings than she does?

It really seems like you're trying to scale a molehill with an ice-pick here.

"SHE DYED HER HAIR RAINBOW"

Oh noes! #reasonsforsuicide

I'm 22. And I'm not condemning her for dying her hair, I just threw that into the description to describe the lengths she's taking. I don't care that she's dyed it. I spent most of my teen years with blood-colored hair and wearing a trench coat and spikes everywhere. No judgment there.

It's the presumptuous attitude and playing the "hurt and misunderstood" card every chance she gets. It's speaking for the people who I've SEEN get bullied and physically assaulted because of their alternative lifestyles, when she herself has never experienced anything of the like.

It's living in denial and pretend land, where what she *says* is true and what she *does* doesn't reflect on reality at all. All reality is determined by what she says, or what she consciously accepts. Anything outside of that isn't legitimate to her.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

She is 13,

Oh, a thirteen year old is more than capable of knowing what gender they are or want to be. As far as I'm concerned, so is a five year old but that's neither here nor there.

Do your sibling a favor if you want to reconnect and communicate - support her being a him, call her Jake and use male appropriate pronouns. It won't hurt anything. If she does persist in her cross gender identification, which she's likely to do at that age, why not be an understanding brother rather than an obstructionist that will only alienate the two of you further. If this is just a case of teen rebellion, fully buying into it will take the rebellion aspects away and she'll probably desist.

If you find her binding her breasts, you and your family need to put their own issues aside and get this kid to a medical professional ASAP. I don't deny the influences of social media and recent thrust in all media to portray transgender people as the new thing but if your sister does indeed have gender identity issues, failure to acknowledge and address them can have grave consequences. This is more than identity politics or a fad or at least it can be but are you or your family willing to take that chance with her mental health and happiness?

Also take my word that she will face bullying and being socially ostracized for being gender variant. Coloring her hair may only be the first step but if she is asking to start testosterone, she needs to be professionally evaluated not judged or rejected by you and your family because you don't think she knows what she's talking about or feeling. She may need guidance one way or the other to sort these things out and disbelief and rejection by family members is not the place to start.

Female to male trans individuals usually do express their desires and feelings at a slightly older age and are less obvious as children than boys wanting to be girls. Much of this has to do with a broader accepted range of female gender expression i.e. tomboys that may have allowed her a level of comfort when younger? At puberty though, this really needs to be taken seriously because if her feelings do persist until she is an adult, well then you've likely wasted many of a young person's best years by not accepting her for who she is and you can't be the one that is telling who she is because you aren't her.

It's living in denial and pretend land, where what she *says* is true and what she *does* doesn't reflect on reality at all. All reality is determined by what she says, or what she consciously accepts. Anything outside of that isn't legitimate to her.

Are you sure you aren't the one in denial here? "Reality" usually is determined what a person consciously accepts and believes to be true. Don't try to push yours on her. I urge you and your family to seek a medical opinion rather than believing your own reality to somehow be more valid. Dealing with transgender or potentially transgender children is something parents and siblings are not equipped or prepared to deal with and most of the time do the polar opposite from what is best for the child. Get this kid evaluated by a doctor with some expertise in this area for her sake and for that of your family.

U2U me for resources or more information if I can be of help or if you would just like to talk about it privately. I have a bit of experience in these matters.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

-[Continued]-

I've tolerated it but that's not enough. She wants me to change the way I address her. She gets very offended if I use the biological definition of "gender" rather than the cultural one. The biological meaning is simply this; males have male parts. Females have female parts.

Not always....That is like a 4th grade version of biology. It's not as simple as that and there are exceptions just as there are with anything in nature typically.

But the cultural definition means, essentially, you are whatever gender you want to be.

I don't use that definition, and I'm not changing that.

So you're stubborn and set in your ways but if you love them you will.

Nor will I call her by a name that is completely different from the name she's had all her life.

You have no idea how much you may be damaging someone you profess to love. I am assuming that he is suffering gender dysphoria already and that could be adding to the dysphoria. Of course I don't know him but I do know that it would be the polite thing to use the pronoun and they use to refer to themselves.

This child wants my family to pay for her to have testosterone pills.

My family paid for my t-blockers and estrogen so that I could grow up to be a happy, productive member of society. Is that not what every parent desires?

Of course if it were all happening today, that would have been covered under Washington State's health insurance policy which now covers gender reassignment including surgery:

It's like that in several states now. idk where they reside but perhaps they wouldn't have to pay at all?

By the way, I consider my parents paying for t-blockers and estrogen out of pocket the greatest thing they ever did for me. My life would be radically different today (if I was even alive which I doubt I would be) if they didn't. Their private insurance did not cover the treatment back then for anyone under 16 as it does now. Keep in mind all of this was after they sought professional help. Perhaps that is what you all need to do.

She is thirteen years old.

I began my transition at 7 and started taking hormone blockers at 12.

Are we really bigots for telling her no?

I'd say so provided you had enough information that the condition he was born with is one which has for decades been understood to be medical issue requiring medical treatment and by denying this you could be adversely affecting him mentally, socially and otherwise for years to come.

Sorry if that sounds cold but that's truth.
edit on 29-8-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
To the OP; while EKron's already covered a lot, being obstructionist to your sibling will only worsen the issue. If Jake really is dealing with gender dysphoria, then he'll most certainly need your understanding and support, maybe most of all if the rest of the highly right-wing is really struggling with it. Otherwise, you might wind up with a missing person's case or a funeral as Jake takes matters into his own hands.

13 is MORE than old enough to figure out gender identity. Most of us have these feelings as far back as 3 or 5, but often wind up suppressing them because, well, family. I had a particularly difficult relationship with my mother that was just growing all the more complicated by the day because of my gender dysphoria and her general stance on LGBT issues. I've finally come out to her. Now years of my life are wasted and I'm going to be having a harder transitioning than younger people like your sibling will have.

Don't feed into Jake's turmoil. It just does more harm than good, trust me on this.

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Stop listening to Alex Jones is my advice

That's very sound advice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join