It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Spawns "Alphabet" Parent Company. Interesting Name Choice?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Here is a very interesting story about Google and the CIA.

Google styles itself as a friendly, funky, user-friendly tech firm that rose to prominence through a combination of skill, luck, and genuine innovation. This is true. But it is a mere fragment of the story. In reality, Google is a smokescreen behind which lurks the US military-industrial complex.

How the CIA started Google

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: GetHyped

I don't think you understand how our government works.....

sigh.....Google is not the government and has been involved in countless court cases where they have fought turning over information. That is how it works. Google receives requests, something like 30,000 in 2014. Google will then attempt to NOT hand over the data requested, they have a legal department for that.

source

Some perceptions remind me of this:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

That's not the point I was making at all.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

No, I do. If you think Google has any power to refuse to hand over requested user data you are delusional.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I have not suggested anything of the sort.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Did you not read my opening post? I linked the same article in there.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: kal1ch
a reply to: reldra

Since I am the one who created the topic, give me the benefit of being able to define its purpose. I created it specifically to discuss Google's ties with CIA and the interesting "Alphabet" name choice.

Now please, if you have nothing relevant to contribute, stop trying to divert the discussion.

I didn't divert anything. What I said was pretty close to what you said.

Your retort to me proving you stupid is I am off topic? For quoting you? Hahaha.....That's classic, kind of like it...But not really..

I am talking about Google, how about actually read? Just because I quoted you being yourself doesn't change the fact what browser you use keeps you from government agencies watching you or me or anyone else....Just read and stop being offended...

I was responding to the OP.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Here is a very interesting story about Google and the CIA.

Google styles itself as a friendly, funky, user-friendly tech firm that rose to prominence through a combination of skill, luck, and genuine innovation. This is true. But it is a mere fragment of the story. In reality, Google is a smokescreen behind which lurks the US military-industrial complex.

How the CIA started Google

Thanks for sharing - a lot of information here. Look at all these high-level folks from Pentagon & DoD

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is not how this works! This is not how any of this works!

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Who are you to know how the internet/government works? So because you read something online about Google's law department you think they are allowed to withhold information? Aren't you a member of ATS? lol

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Let me be perfectly clear. Both I and you all know that we could never definitively prove whether or not Google has any ties to the CIA, or any other alphabet government agency.

The medium of the internet is such that any information can be twisted and manipulated to someone's interest, so any source provided could be considered dubious.

However, since this is ATS - a forum to discuss conspiracy theories - we should regard this thread as such, and try to cut down on personal attacks. I'm sorry I misunderstood one of your posts reldra, and reacted a bit standoffishly.

By sheer logical deduction, when you take the facts we know at face value:
Google collects personal information about billions of people, stores it in servers, archives it on tapes, and sometimes fights government requests for information.
Their business relies on this information - it is their biggest asset.
They like to put up a front of being a "nice" company trying to make the world better.
In reality, their main source of income is targeted advertising, which again relies on people's personal information, buying habits, searching habits, etc. etc. etc.

So on one hand, people's information should be closely guarded by Google, because without it they'd be lost.

But on the other hand, when you consider how many privacy screw ups Google has had, I'm inclined to think that they don't really value their users' privacy.

All it would take is a secret agreement between the government agencies and Google to disclose people's information for "national security" purposes.

I mean, wasn't that how the CIA started? Secret orders signed by presidents for agencies mandated with protecting national security.

I'm not stating my opinion as fact. Just deducting from what I know.
edit on 11/8/2015 by kal1ch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped
We are arguing the same point. LOL I said that you are crazy if you think Google is helping to keep your info straight.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You keep on thinking that and I am sure Google will work to make sure that all of your information is protected.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

That is how it works.

Part of the way it works is secret. Ask lavabit

In summary: They get the data or it becomes a nightmare for them.

I had no choice but to consent to the installation of their device, which would hand the US government access to all
Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

the whole case was under seal, I couldn't even admit to anyone who wasn't an attorney that I needed a lawyer, let alone why.

as a third party in a federal criminal indictment, I had no right to counsel. After all, only my property was in jeopardy – not my liberty.

a federal judge entered an order of contempt against me – without even so much as a hearing.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think people fail to realize if you are under arrest for anything, the government will tear apart your internet usage to see what else can be dug up....No law department is stopping them, I think that has been proven time and time again....If you don't know what I am talking about please use your friendly Google search button....lol

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I think people fail to realize if you are under arrest for anything, the government will tear apart your internet usage to see what else can be dug up..

Not just yours but anyone’s. In the process of trying to get more info on Snowden they attempted to compromised every user connected to lavabit including their encryption.

There is really not much you can do to hide even with TOR,disposable devices and public access points, if you become a high enough target they will get you.

.If you don't know what I am talking about please use your friendly Google search button....lol

I'm assuming that wasn't targeted at me?

edit on 02831America/ChicagoTue, 11 Aug 2015 10:02:19 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I'm assuming that wasn't targeted at me?

Nope....People just believe "the law" will save them....hahahaha.....No criminal has laws, nor a potential criminal...Your crap will be dug through in 2 seconds if they want and there is absolutely zero any of us can do about it.....How's that for freedom of internet peeps?
edit on 8/11/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Google, Bing/Yahoo duckduckgo are all the same, aggregate data collected by countless users and data mining, they are all observed and privacy has been a thing of the past since the 90s. Ohh well, thats why if I have something to say I would like to keep off a record I do some in person. Ohh and the library often still has proto wiki (aka encyclopedia) and a plethora of other resources, I know crazy right?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
May be they got tired of hearing A for Apple
Alphabet comes before Apple in alphabetical order.

Even US courts won't reveal Google's relationship with 3 letter Alphabet Agencies under FIA request, so this is the right name for a company.

Court Upholds Google-NSA Relationship Secrecy

A FEDERAL APPEALS court on Friday upheld the National Security Agency’s decision to withhold from the public documents confirming or denying any relationship it has with Google concerning encryption and cybersecurity..

More details on this case here -> EPIC v. NSA: Google / NSA Relationship

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kal1ch

Sorry OP but that was a very sketchy story that offered little if no proof. The article author and you are pushing personal truth as fact......Truth is subjective and not fact.

Now if you had mentioned facebook........That might fit a little better.
edit on 12-8-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join