It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Spawns "Alphabet" Parent Company. Interesting Name Choice?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm sorry if this has already been posted - I could not find any relevant results in my search.

We've written several times about what a huge, sprawling company Google is and how many projects the company has going at any given time. Now-former CEO Larry Page apparently agrees: as part of a big shake-up, Page announced today that he is now the CEO of "Alphabet," a brand-new company of which Google is just one part. Page will be CEO of Alphabet, and fellow Google co-founder Sergey Brin will be helping him run Alphabet in some capacity. Sundar Pichai is now the CEO of the subsidiary known as Google.

Page describes the Google part of Alphabet as a "slimmed-down" company that still encompasses most of the things we think of as Google products—things like Google Now, Google Photos, and Google Maps are mentioned by name. Both Chrome and Android will continue under the Google banner. YouTube, which already operates as its own subsidiary under CEO Susan Wojcicki, will also remain under Google.

Source

This is a significant move on Google's part, surely caused by some of the regulatory troubles it has been having in Europe recently.

Some of you probably know this already, but Google started out as a search engine to be used by the CIA to trawl through their massive databases of information. The CIA has invested a lot of money in the company in its years of development.

Here is a lengthy two part article that describes the whole process of creating Google: How the CIA made Google.

What strikes me as very intriguing is the name choice - "Alphabet". Am I the only one making the connection with the term "Alphabet Agencies"?

I mean, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if said Alphabet Agencies have their hands in many of Google's non search engine related projects.

What do you think, ATS?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I don't believe that is how Google started. It is still debated that they ended this way, as they fight 'requests' from the government tooth and nail. Your source as to their beginning does not convince me.

I am not familiar with the writer nor medium.com
edit on 11-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

At least read the article before being unconvinced by it. The author shares a lot of details regarding the people who run Google. It's an interesting read, regardless if you know the author or not.

edit on 11/8/2015 by kal1ch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kal1ch

At least read the article before being unconvinced by it. The author shares a lot of details regarding the people who run Google. It's an interesting read, regardless if you know the author or not.

Read. Many points already brought up. Poor sourcing. Not new.

I am NOT a Google fan. I got rid of Chrome. I use other search engines. But not convinced of anything by what I have read here.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Google doesn't fight the government. They happily and willingly hand over everything.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Google doesn't fight the government. They happily and willingly hand over everything.

Not correct. 5 minutes of research would show otherwise. Here is a recent one. source You can find about a thousand like that.
Research is your friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I am NOT a Google fan. I got rid of Chrome. I use other search engines. But not convinced of anything by what I have read here.

Oh you don't use Google....Then you are off the lists and nobody is watching your computer usage.....(eyes rolling)....Who gives an eff what you use? They are all the same and all linked to all government agencies, FYI this site is about the biggest red flag to all the "alphabet agencies" you are talking about....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Aside from the article and what is says/presumes/assumes, I did find it rather amusing that Google (which many believe is basically a CIA/NSA front) is now going to call itself Alphabet Inc. Indeed there is no proof of this, but would anyone be surprised if true?

It doesn't get much more hilariously overt than that. IMHO.

Of all the names they could have chosen, WHY Alphabet Inc.? Are they going to copyright all 26 letters now too?

It kind of reminds me of some of the USAF shoulder patches which seem quite over the top with occult symbolism.

Secrets in plain sight kinda thing...?

link   

Not correct. 5 minutes of research would show otherwise. Here is a recent one. source You can find about a thousand like that. Research is your friend.

It's on the internet, it must be true.....(eyes rolling again...Gawd)

link   
a reply to: Martin75

I don't think you quite understand how the law works...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: Martin75

I don't think you quite understand how the law works...

Yep....Law has stopped the government from spying on it's citizens/other countries all the time....(hmmm...)

Law or no law, you think the American government cares what is written? They will justify it by saying they had tips on all of us if they wanted....Probable cause will trump any law on internet I will assure you.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Oh you don't use Google....Then you are off the lists and nobody is watching your computer usage.....(eyes rolling)....Who gives an eff what you use? They are all the same and all linked to all government agencies, FYI this site is about the biggest red flag to all the "alphabet agencies" you are talking about....

THIS thread is about Google. I didn't say why I use a different browser and search engine. Stay on topic.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

This thread is about Google's potential link to the CIA and other Alphabet Agencies concerned with surveillance of any type. The response is on topic.

If you have definitive proof that Google is not tied to Alphabet Agencies in any way, I urge you to convince me. Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Sure will....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

This thread is about Google's potential link to the CIA and other Alphabet Agencies concerned with surveillance of any type. The response is on topic.

If you have definitive proof that Google is not tied to Alphabet Agencies in any way, I urge you to convince me. Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

It is about google in specific, it's potential link to government agencies in general. I was responding to someone going way off topic.

No, I don't possess that proof and you don't have the opposite proof. You should continue the conversation with off topic guy.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Since I am the one who created the topic, give me the benefit of being able to define its purpose. I created it specifically to discuss Google's ties with CIA and the interesting "Alphabet" name choice.

Now please, if you have nothing relevant to contribute, stop trying to divert the discussion. If you think someone's post is off topic, the handy Report button is right there. Let the mods decide.
edit on 11/8/2015 by kal1ch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Since I am the one who created the topic, give me the benefit of being able to define its purpose. I created it specifically to discuss Google's ties with CIA and the interesting "Alphabet" name choice.

Now please, if you have nothing relevant to contribute, stop trying to divert the discussion.

I didn't divert anything. What I said was pretty close to what you said.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I don't think you understand how our government works.....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Now please, if you have nothing relevant to contribute, stop trying to divert the discussion.

I didn't divert anything. What I said was pretty close to what you said.

Your retort to me proving you stupid is I am off topic? For quoting you? Hahaha.....That's classic, kind of like it...But not really..

I am talking about Google, how about actually read? Just because I quoted you being yourself doesn't change the fact what browser you use keeps you from government agencies watching you or me or anyone else....Just read and stop being offended...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

a reply to: GetHyped

I don't think you understand how our government works.....

EXACTLY what I said above.....If anyone of you think one browser or another "protects" you from the government, I am afraid you are sorely mistaken..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join