It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Spawns "Alphabet" Parent Company. Interesting Name Choice?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kal1ch

I mean, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if said Alphabet Agencies have their hands in many of Google's non search engine related projects.

Exactly why when I seen the news I thought the name was fitting. Maybe they did too, or at least as a pun.

Assange: Google Is Not What It Seems

By Julian Assange

In June 2011, Julian Assange received an unusual visitor: the chairman of Google, Eric Schmidt, arrived from America at Ellingham Hall, the country house in Norfolk, England where Assange was living under house arrest.

For several hours the besieged leader of the world’s most famous insurgent publishing organization and the billionaire head of the world’s largest information empire locked horns. The two men debated the political problems faced by society, and the technological solutions engendered by the global network—from the Arab Spring to Bitcoin.

cont...

Caught red-handed last year making petabytes of personal data available to the U.S. intelligence community through the PRISM program, Google nevertheless continues to coast on the goodwill generated by its “don’t be evil” doublespeak. A few symbolic open letters to the White House later and it seems all is forgiven. Even anti-surveillance campaigners cannot help themselves, at once condemning government spying but trying to alter Google’s invasive surveillance practices using appeasement strategies.

Source - Newsweek
Long read but for anyone interested in the detail.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Also Eric Schmidt, CEO,was a campaign advisor and major donor to Barack Obama and served on Google’s government relations team.

Google and the Obama White House, sitting in a tree?

In the 2012 election, the company’s search algorithm customized results for Obama but not for Republican Mitt Romney

Google Makes Most of Close Ties to White House

Since Mr. Obama took office, employees of the Mountain View, Calif., company have visited the White House for meetings with senior officials about 230 times, or an average of roughly once a week, according to the visitor logs reviewed by the Journal.

Since they tweak search algorithm and visit WH on average once a week, the name Alpahbet is the right choice i think.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

Hmm, this is new information for me. I'm definitely going to read these articles after work. Thanks for posting!

a reply to: SubTruth

Sorry mate, I already said that neither I nor you can offer definitive proof of anything. All we can do is deduct from the facts that we are 100% sure to be true.

But let me ask you this: Who would you trust more? An independent investigative journalist who tries to expose corruption in the highest ranks of corporate America and its government, or said corrupted government and business entities who also happen to own the mainstream media?

And as for Facebook, that's a whole new topic in itself, and should not be discussed in here.
edit on 12/8/2015 by kal1ch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Ive always wondered how does google make money?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

..as they fight 'requests' from the government tooth and nail.

Or at least, they appear to..appearances are everything.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
All I have to day about it is that at this point, nothing would really surprise me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join