It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A spiritual perspective on abortion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Yet again....I am not a bible thumper! I believe in God

You're the one that brought religion in to this. Don't bring it up if you can't defend it.

You called me a bible thumper dude! How did I start that? I spoke about God in all of us, not some bible verse....You need to do some fact checking brother!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Yet again....I am not a bible thumper! I believe in God

You're the one that brought religion in to this. Don't bring it up if you can't defend it.

You called me a bible thumper dude! How did I start that? I spoke about God in all of us, not some bible verse....You need to do some fact checking brother!

I have not at any point in this conversation called you a "bible thumper".

Have you confused me with someone else?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You believe that morality comes from the belief in some un-provable being that you were taught out of a book written by men. I believe morality is subjective. What one believes to be moral, another may believe is immoral.

Sorry this is usually that....I wasn't taught it in a book...I found God myself on my own...Without the help of a book or church...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

My apologies. I was under the impression you were Christian and was quite certain that to learn about the teachings of Christ one had to read what he taught.

But that's far from being a bible thumper.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

My apologies. I was under the impression you were Christian and was quite certain that to learn about the teachings of Christ one had to read what he taught.

But that's far from being a bible thumper.

Absolutely not! Whoever told you that? The way is through Jesus Christ, not the bible...Never has been and your attendance in church is not a factor....Jesus Christ and only Jesus Christ is your salvation!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

ETA: So please explain to me how a baby grows without a soul.....The hand of God? If so, do you even believe in God? If not, please feel free to elaborate on this one....

How does any biological life grow? Do you believe that sexual intercourse creates a soul? If so, how is that soul created in God's image, then?

According to the Creation Story of the Book of Genesis, Adam didn't have a soul until God blew the breath of life into him. First breath has always been the biblical interpretation of when the "soul" enters the body.

edit on 10-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Sorry this is usually that....I wasn't taught it in a book...I found God myself on my own...Without the help of a book or church...

I can appreciate that, but I can't help but think that you are avoiding my question of whether you are a Christian or not? I'm trying to separate spirituality from religion, and I feel you are blurring the lines with your comments.

ETA: nevermind got the answer loud and clear!
edit on 10-8-2015 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

ETA: So please explain to me how a baby grows without a soul.....The hand of God? If so, do you even believe in God? If not, please feel free to elaborate on this one....

How does any biological life grow? Do you believe that sexual intercourse creates a soul? If so, how is that soul created in God's image, then?

According to the Creation Story of the Book of Genesis, Adam didn't have a soul until God blew the breath of life into him. First breath has always been the biblical interpretation of when the "soul" enters the body.

Okay, now you just compared a child inside a woman to Adam? We have officially gone off the rails here....Please educate yourself

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

I can appreciate that, but I can't help but think that you are avoiding my question of whether you are a Christian or not? I'm trying to separate spirituality from religion, and I feel you are blurring the lines with your comments.

ETA: nevermind got the answer loud and clear!

Sorry didn't mean to dodge anything! I am involved in like 20 threads right now!!

Yes, officially I am Christian....But I don't go to church or recite bible verses....Belief in Jesus Christ is officially a "Christian"...My bad if I didn't say that before...I do fail to realize how that matters?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Never said you had to go to church, but pretty sure you have to read the New Testament.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Never said you had to go to church, but pretty sure you have to read the New Testament.

Who told you that? If anything read the old testament....Much cooler stories, but they are just that....Believe what you will from the mouth of men....The only thing you need to worry about is allowing Jesus Christ enter into you personally...Trust me, please trust me....One night laying there SINCERELY ask for him to enter your life and ask for his salvation....It just might do some good upcoming.

ETA: Just listen to one line in the bible...."The way is through me".....Not the bible, not the new testament, not church...None of that!!!
edit on 8/10/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I said...

I think you should reread the context of my post and stop projecting so much anger. Sometimes I think Christians are their own worst enemy, cause for a group of people who are supposedly emulating a person with certain traits, they sure seem to miss the mark a lot.

You said...

Again...I believe in God...I am not some bible thumper....Why does this always turn into this crap on here?

Then you said...

The way is through Jesus Christ, not the bible...Never has been and your attendance in church is not a factor....Jesus Christ and only Jesus Christ is your salvation!

My original comments stand, you should start walking the walk instead of talking the talk. Jesus told you not to judge others, if you can't do that, or at least try to do it, how do you call yourself a Christian?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I do fail to realize how that matters?

Because Jesus didn't teach faith over works, Jesus was 100% about works, I see little of that in today's Christians.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I do fail to realize how that matters?

Because Jesus didn't teach faith over works, Jesus was 100% about works, I see little of that in today's Christians.

No worries....I am not Jesus nor claim to be! I just believe in him as my lord and savior...Thx

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I'm not taking sides on this issue, so you can stop trying to find things to argue with me about. Plus, I didn't single you out as one of those posters, so why are you getting so defensive?

I'm neither trying to find an argument nor am I getting defensive. I was having a discussion. I thought this looked like an interesting thread. But I think you're reading way too much into what people have said.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's not a spiritual issue when dealing with real things.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Well, maybe you should worship Paul then, afterall he was the bozo who claimed all you have to do is believe in Jesus and you get your golden ticket. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but you did come into this thread quite judgmentally! You pick and chose the most convenient ways to support your beliefs, that doesn't make you a Christian that makes you lazy.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Uh huh:

6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Sounds like Paul is talking here....Get an effing life!

biblehub.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

But I think you're reading way too much into what people have said.

Or haven't said.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It's not a spiritual issue when dealing with real things.

It's not a real issue when dealing with spiritual things?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join