It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A spiritual perspective on abortion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

If being alive means something has a soul, than is it just as immoral for me to eat a cheeseburger?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If being alive means something has a soul, than is it just as immoral for me to eat a cheeseburger?

I don't know.....Are you eating a human cheeseburger? WE are tippy top of the food chain.....I would say yes if this is your lifestyle though....You again....Gosh

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

How did you "get that feeling"?

By the countless comments of but but only 3% of planned parenthoods business is abortions.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

How did you "get that feeling"?

By the countless comments of but but only 3% of planned parenthoods business is abortions.

Oh....ONLY 3%.....No problems then....That is a small number right? (eyes rolling yet again)

HERE: this is your effing 3%....

According to its annual report, Planned Parenthood performed 327,653 abortions in 2013, up from its 327,166 performed in 2012. SBA-List states that, over the past three years, the abortion giant has performed nearly one million abortions.

www.breitbart.com...

You are welcome
edit on 8/10/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So please explain to me how a baby grows without a soul.....The hand of God? If so, do you even believe in God? If not, please feel free to elaborate on this one....

I don't know that a fetus has to have a soul to grow, how do you know that the mother's soul is not fostering both until a certain point?

I do believe in a supreme creator, superconsciousness, intelligent infinity, source energy, or if you want to call it god that's cool too.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So please explain to me how a baby grows without a soul.....The hand of God? If so, do you even believe in God? If not, please feel free to elaborate on this one....

I don't know that a fetus has to have a soul to grow, how do you know that the mother's soul is not fostering both until a certain point?

I do believe in a supreme creator, superconsciousness, intelligent infinity, source energy, or if you want to call it god that's cool too.

About time....God gives us all life....The mother does not share her soul with the fetus...There are no cases EVER of a mother able to see inside her own body...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You said being alive means it has a soul. It would be just as immoral to kill anything living, would it not?

Does that only apply to humans? If so, how did you come to that conclusion?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

There are no cases EVER of a mother able to see inside her own body

There are no cases ever where it can be proven a soul actually exists either.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You said being alive means it has a soul. It would be just as immoral to kill anything living, would it not?

Does that only apply to humans? If so, how did you come to that conclusion?

Humans are created in God's image....We are the top of the food chain...Everything PUT on Earth for US is for US to survive...

link   

So, because people stated a fact, you think that means they would support illegal or unethical behavior from Planned Parenthood? That reasoning makes no sense to me.

Most of the posts mentioning that percentage were in response to someone who wanted Planned Parenthood completely defunded because they perform abortions. What about the 97% of the work they do in women's health (Cancer screenings, education, birth control and STD prevention)?

link   

I think you should reread the context of my post and stop projecting so much anger. Sometimes I think Christians are their own worst enemy, cause for a group of people who are supposedly emulating a person with certain traits, they sure seem to miss the mark a lot.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I think you should reread the context of my post and stop projecting so much anger. Sometimes I think Christians are their own worst enemy, cause for a group of people who are supposedly emulating a person with certain traits, they sure seem to miss the mark a lot.

Again...I believe in God...I am not some bible thumper....Why does this always turn into this crap on here?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Prove God even exists.

You are deriving your sense of morality from something that cannot be proven.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

So, because people stated a fact, you think that means they would support illegal or unethical behavior from Planned Parenthood? That reasoning makes no sense to me.

Most of the posts mentioning that percentage were in response to someone who wanted Planned Parenthood completely defunded because they perform abortions. What about the 97% of the work they do in women's health (Cancer screenings, education, birth control and STD prevention)?

What if 1...Just 1 of those children would grow up to be something insanely important? You still don't care?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Prove God even exists.

You are deriving your sense of morality from something that cannot be proven.

Okay....Then you won't care if someone kills you or your family today right? I mean if we don't have souls that include emotions/love then it shouldn't matter, right..? God is inside you...ALL of us! We are all his children and that is why you care about things....hence SOUL

Oh, we were just an alien experiment here on Earth and life is meaningless, right? All of this doesn't matter one bit...
edit on 8/10/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I didn't say anything of the sort. You are trying to impart your version of morality and I'm trying to see where that comes from.

You believe that morality comes from the belief in some un-provable being that you were taught out of a book written by men. I believe morality is subjective. What one believes to be moral, another may believe is immoral.

Edit: I believe emotions and love are manifestations of a complex brain.
edit on 10-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You can be factually correct and avoid addressing planned parenthoods shortcomings at the same time. I'm not taking sides on this issue, so you can stop trying to find things to argue with me about. Plus, I didn't single you out as one of those posters, so why are you getting so defensive?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I didn't say anything of the sort. You are trying to impart your version of morality and I'm trying to see where that comes from.

You believe that morality comes from the believe in some un-provable being that you were taught out of a book written by men. I believe morality is subjective. What one believes to be moral, another may believe is immoral.

Edit: I believe emotions and love are manifestations of a complex brain.

Yet again....I am not a bible thumper! I believe in God......You know what? Thousands of people during Jesus' time were wrong...You are right 2,000+ years later...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Again...I believe in God...I am not some bible thumper....Why does this always turn into this crap on here?

So are you a Christian? If not, than I apologize.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yet again....I am not a bible thumper! I believe in God

You're the one that brought religion in to this. Don't bring it up if you can't defend it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join