It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A spiritual perspective on abortion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I'm having a hard understanding what you actually believe in, you say..

If anything read the old testament....Much cooler stories, but they are just that

and than you quote me new testament scripture, I give up!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

If anything read the old testament....Much cooler stories, but they are just that

I already said it doesn't matter! I am not having a freaking bible thumping course here! I said you need ONLY pay attention to ONE LINE IN THE BIBLE!!!!! What in the hell is so hard to understand here? I said for STORIES sake read old testament...Doesn't mean I am trying to find quotes because I DON'T READ THE BIBLE!! Understand now?????

There is one way to the father and that is through Jesus Christ....NUFF SAID!!!!

Here if this helps:

Old testament:

salvation comes by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (John 1:12; Ephesians 2:8-9). Jesus is the Way (John 14:6).
edit on 8/10/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It's not a spiritual issue when dealing with real things.

Real things are a potentiation of spirit, imo.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It's no wonder Christians are having a hard time bringing outsiders into the faith, I imagine this shouting down at people technique is exactly what Jesus had in mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Again you misunderstand.....I don't care if you believe! AT ALL! Your salvation means nothing to me!

I wish you would allow him into your life for your own good but really it means nothing to me....I don't try to sway anyone, just give my experiences and hope someone picks something up...Not forcing anything or trying to convince...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: windword

ETA: So please explain to me how a baby grows without a soul.....The hand of God? If so, do you even believe in God? If not, please feel free to elaborate on this one....

How does any biological life grow? Do you believe that sexual intercourse creates a soul? If so, how is that soul created in God's image, then?

According to the Creation Story of the Book of Genesis, Adam didn't have a soul until God blew the breath of life into him. First breath has always been the biblical interpretation of when the "soul" enters the body.

Okay, now you just compared a child inside a woman to Adam? We have officially gone off the rails here....Please educate yourself

No, I most certainly have not. I stated that the biblically accepted point at which the "soul" supposedly enters a body is at first breath.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

A spiritual perspective on abortion

This thread title has nothing to do with Jesus Christ yet you continue to badger me about this....Why? Do you want salvation my son/daughter? If so, accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior...The only way to the father is through Jesus Christ...Best of luck!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

ETA: So please explain to me how a baby grows without a soul.....The hand of God? If so, do you even believe in God? If not, please feel free to elaborate on this one....

How does any biological life grow? Do you believe that sexual intercourse creates a soul? If so, how is that soul created in God's image, then?

According to the Creation Story of the Book of Genesis, Adam didn't have a soul until God blew the breath of life into him. First breath has always been the biblical interpretation of when the "soul" enters the body.

Okay, now you just compared a child inside a woman to Adam? We have officially gone off the rails here....Please educate yourself

No, I most certainly have not. I stated that the biblically accepted point at which the "soul" supposedly enters a body is at first breath.

ETA:
And Yes you most certainly have!

With ADAM!!! Oh wait, you were born from mud.....So are all kids, right? Oh boy....
edit on 8/10/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Does sexual intercourse create a brand spankin new soul? If so, how is that "soul", then, created in God's image, as you have claimed that it is?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

This thread title has nothing to do with Jesus Christ yet you continue to badger me about this....Why?

Only because you came barreling into this thread half cocked with your perversions of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

This thread title has nothing to do with Jesus Christ yet you continue to badger me about this....Why?

Only because you came barreling into this thread half cocked with your perversions of Christianity.

That's nice

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Does sexual intercourse create a brand spankin new soul? If so, how is that "soul", then, created in God's image, as you have claimed that it is?

Yep...How do you expect me to answer for God's actions? Ask the big man himself and see if he answers you....Might just be surprised one day

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

FYI, look back....YOU brought God into the picture on page 2...I replied MULTIPLE times with absolutely zero mention of God until YOU did!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
when I saw this thread this morning I thought it would be an interesting one to go into and look around and review, too bad it's deteriorated as badly as it has.
ya know it doesn't make sense,
here we have this all knowing, all powerful creator that gives each soul one life to live but then well, probably close to half of them don't make it into life because mom miscarries. why create so many souls just to have to say, sorry, you lost your chance, bye!!

but well, the other thread that I was playing in got closed because of much the same crap as this one has going on so I might as well go do something else.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

So you DO believe that the sexual act of ejaculation and ovulation are what create a soul, that will in the end be relegated to Heaven or Hell, according to most Christians.

Wouldn't it better for the person who is relegated to Hell to have never been born?

Matthew 26:24
But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born."

This thread is about "A Spiritual Perspective" in which the OP has put forth the concept of "souls" that exist in a spiritual realm before a body is created. The OP presented an idea that some "souls" choose not to enter the world, or their karma dictated that they be aborted.

I personally also align with the concept of reincarnation, and "souls" going in and out of the door of life.

John 10:9
I’m the gate. If anyone enters through me, he will be saved. He’ll come in and go out and find pasture.

edit on 10-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Of course not! Why would you say such a thing? EVERYONE has the opportunity to accept God in their lives for their salvation...That may be the exact reason some people are here honestly....Think about that one for a bit

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

EVERYONE has the opportunity to accept God in their lives for their salvation

Salvation from what? Would they have needed salvation had they NOT been born? Would they be at risk for Hell, had they NOT been born?

John 9:2
And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

Perhaps Jesus was right, it would be better for some people to have never been born. Perhaps, it was their karma to experience being aborted. Perhaps it was their karma to be a part of something good through their donation to stem cell research!

edit on 10-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well you brought some interesting questions to the table, which were sorely lacking at the beginning of this thread, so ya it did come off the rails a bit.

here we have this all knowing, all powerful creator that gives each soul one life to live but then well, probably close to half of them don't make it into life because mom miscarries. why create so many souls just to have to say, sorry, you lost your chance, bye!!

My opinion is that many things don't make sense when looking through the filter of organized religion. That's why I started this thread, to look at things in a different way. Is it possible that we may not just have one life to live, or the fact that infinite intelligence may have not created souls, but fragmented a portion of it's consciousness to experience it's material creation?

Think of it this way, if you had the ability to program the most realistic video game ever, a video game so immersive that it felt real in every sense, wouldn't you want to go into that game, live the game, learn from the game? I think God is the master programmer of the multiverse, we are him/her/it in the game, and it's brilliant that we don't remember anything else while we're in the game. Subjective experience is what the game is all about!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975ya, we kind of think along the same lines I think. there's so many possibilities and no one can say for sure what is.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I already said it doesn't matter! I am not having a freaking bible thumping course here! I said you need ONLY pay attention to ONE LINE IN THE BIBLE!!!!! What in the hell is so hard to understand here? I said for STORIES sake read old testament...Doesn't mean I am trying to find quotes because I DON'T READ THE BIBLE!! Understand now?????

There is one way to the father and that is through Jesus Christ....NUFF SAID!!!!

Here if this helps:

Old testament:

salvation comes by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (John 1:12; Ephesians 2:8-9). Jesus is the Way (John 14:6).

Perhaps restraint from mind altering substances would be advisable before posting. You really are not making any sense. The books of John and Ephesians are new testament books - not old.

Whatever you believe is fine but I don't think I'd call it Christianity.

Getting back to the subject at hand. I don't think a fetus is a person or has a soul until birth and the first breath - that's how religions around the world have traditionally defined life and also occult and pagan spiritualities. The difficulty really lies with the advances of modern medicine allowing for those born at earlier and earlier times during gestation to survive however the traditional definition of life (first breath) is still valid.

I do think there are Karmic repercussions to abortion for all involved but it's my belief that the repercussions of bringing a being to life without wanting them or being able to care for them would be harsher.

The point is that it is a personal decision. If a being is to be born (and I believe that we choose to be born) it will be born and nothing can get in it's way - there is no denying life in the long run.

Hindu and Buddhist talk too about having 'final' karmic loose ends to tie up being a reason for early death. A spirit (which is enternal - I believe the soul is an emergenet property of a single lifetime) may need to live (and suffer) for a short time to 'get even' to put it crudely.
edit on 10-8-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join