It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot in Ferguson identified as black 18yo Tyrone Harris, 'friend of Michael Brown'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just one day after a full year from the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, has been another shooting. Brown's friend Tyrone Harris Jr shoots at the cops with an handgun and after cops respond with fire, ends up in hospital with life threatening injuries.

FERGUSON • A peaceful day of protest and remembrance dissolved into chaos late Sunday when a man fired multiple shots at four St. Louis County plainclothes detectives in an SUV. The detectives fired back and the shooter was struck, said county Police Chief Jon Belmar. He was in critical condition.

Tyrone Harris identified the victim as his son, Tyrone Harris Jr., 18, of St. Louis. Harris said shortly after 3 a.m. that his son had just gotten out of surgery.

He said his son graduated from Normandy High School and that he and Michael Brown Jr. "were real close."

"We think there's a lot more to this than what's being said," Harris Sr. said.

In a 2:30 a.m. press conference, Belmar said there is a "small group of people out there that are intent on making sure we don't have peace that prevails.

www.stltoday.com...
edit on 10-8-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I did run a search on ATS and nothing came up on this news. However it did happen in the past that thread with the same subject were already posted in the forum and unfortunately the search didn't turn up nothing. So if that's the case, I do apologize.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The below link is from the video of the moment when the shots were fired.

video.stltoday.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
RT picked it up…

Link to pics and video

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Funny how that works.

Shoot at cops and end up in the hospital full of bullets. Who would have thunk it?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

K this is getting out of control BlM protestors being racist. Now martyrdom seems to be on the menu what kind of asshattery is this? Will there ever be a discussion about the real things that matter? Other than contrived racism that causes greater disparity upon the same socio-economic group (white or black) that's truly targeted by those in charge. Wow just wow what fools these people are making themselves and "their" movement, well what can I say, a house divided.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Apparently the news wasn't that old so my suspicion that might have been posted already on ATS might not be realistic. Mainstream news just picking up on the story.

CNN posted few minutes ago the very same news: www.cnn.com...

So did ABS News: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Expect riots looting more death and more division coming soon to a theater near you.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Expect riots looting more death and more division coming soon to a theater near you.

Just that one dude, pissed about his friend getting murdered.
ETA:

edit on 10-8-2015 by intrptr because: video and additional

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yea, and the spin of martyrdom is already in the air. Will this inspire real conversation? Or will this fuel more hatred? You tell me.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Just that one dude, pissed about his friend getting murdered.
ETA:

Footage on the BBC shows looting and two gangs exchanging gunfire. The police move in to break that up, had bricks and bottles thrown at them and then shots fired at a group of 4 police who responded in kind.

Not sure that makes it one dude pissed about his friend, looks like (once again) a peaceful protest has been hijacked by people looking to take advantage of the situation for their own benefit.
edit on 10-8-2015 by uncommitted because: removed the video

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Yea, and the spin of martyrdom is already in the air. Will this inspire real conversation? Or will this fuel more hatred? You tell me.

The police fuel the hatred in Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Someone will find some way to turn the shooter in to a good guy who was "just about to turn his life around" and blame the cops. This -

Tells me his Dad is already looking for excuses. [ Other than "My son is an idiot " ] If you're stupid enough to shoot at cops, don't blame them for what happens next.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Exactly how in this case? Seriously how did the "fuel" it, last night? By being there in case something like this happend? By doing their job?

Do not give me the "well the have a history...." crap, give me an example, any example from last night.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with that sentiment, the police and police brutality is a conversation that needs to be had, is this the way we have it? You didn't answer my question and you aren't addressing the contrived racial aspect of this none sense. You also seem to failing to understand that this continues further division and if we ever want true change we are all going to have to stand together outside of race and social status. Sorry this is the wrong way all sides

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Someone will find some way to turn the shooter in to a good guy who was "just about to turn his life around" and blame the cops. This -

Tells me his Dad is already looking for excuses. [ Other than "My son is an idiot " ] If you're stupid enough to shoot at cops, don't blame them for what happens next.

*general statement* WTF ever happened to personal responsibility?! Anyone remember cause and effect?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

Yes ma'am you are infact right, but the gears of hatred are in motion on both sides diverting attention from the real problem.

socio-economic disparity and the black boot of oppression firmly planted on the common mans head.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Yea, they should just do what they do in Baltimore, leave the ghetto to police itself.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
He was in critical and unstable condition and is in surgery in surgery according to Tweets as of 5 hours ago.
Also, see the other Tweets and the reaction from people. Really sad.
Link to the earlier/main thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Beat me to it. If the police are fueling the hate, that certainly can explain why two groups of people, neither of which was LE, started shooting at each other. "We hate police so much we're gonna shoot at each other!" Makes sense I guess?

@ dreamingawake - the guy's dad said he was out of surgery a few hours ago I think

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join