It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot in Ferguson identified as black 18yo Tyrone Harris, 'friend of Michael Brown'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: intrptr

Probably because there were two different incidents. So yea, police are looking for whoever fired the shots in the second incident.

The guy the cops shot was, supposedly, involved in the first shoot out and then when cops went in to stop it, he shot at them and ran.

But it's probably all just spin.

What I can see with my own two eyes is the video of people scattering, exchange of gunshots, and "Friend of Michael Brown", down in the street. On the Anniversary, where the police were gathered, "guarding" an otherwise peaceful demonstration.

By the way, I'm not supporting what dude did, he shot at the cops…

I also understand Blowback.

How does blowback explain the exchange of gunfire between two groups, neither of which was law enforcement?

I understand shooting at cops when they come in to stop you from shooting at other people. What I don't understand is shooting at other people and then blaming it on the cops simply for being in the area.

ETA - I understand the point you're making, so please don't take my comments as me arguing for the sake of arguing. I just don't see how we can explain away two groups of people shooting at each other as being anybody's fault but their own. That's the only point I'm not understanding.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So the guy now wanted to be murdered too, by shooting at police, like a criminal, very intelligent action here to commemorate his "closes friend death", by getting shot himself.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
the problem is not the problem, the problem is our attitudes toward the problem.

just reading at the comments in less then 2 pages, one can realize this immediately.

people act irrational, civilians or uniformed. that's been established already....
now lets throw jabs and thinly veiled insults at both parties... no...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

wow. well said. its good to see there are people (at least 2 or 3)here who show this kind of humility and intelligence when its easy to just jump in with emotion and bias and scold either parties.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Just saw on CNN a guy trying to say that this kid need mental help instead of shot!!! Are you kidding me!!!

JT

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Telos

Expect riots looting more death and more division coming soon to a theater near you.

Just that one dude, pissed about his friend getting murdered.
ETA:

Footage on the BBC shows looting and two gangs exchanging gunfire. The police move in to break that up, had bricks and bottles thrown at them and then shots fired at a group of 4 police who responded in kind.

Not sure that makes it one dude pissed about his friend, looks like (once again) a peaceful protest has been hijacked by people looking to take advantage of the situation for their own benefit.

Why....why do the cops keep involving themselves in this? I just don't understand that. How abysmally stupid are they?

Dude! Are you trolling or trippin?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Justaposter

Exactly how in this case? Seriously how did the "fuel" it, last night? By being there in case something like this happend? By doing their job?

"Seriously, Exactly", its more than just "this case". But in this case, the guy shot was "close' to Miachel Brown… whatever else they spin out of this on the media (your source?) you can bank on why this guy opened fire on police… I call that blowback.

Systemic abuse of those peoples rights, remember? Its not about "last night" or even one Michael Brown, its about the hatred there against the local authorities in Ferguson.

How the whole thing started?

Oh please!
Can you explain why 2 gangs decided to star shooting at each other? And exactly how this helped change things? It's not "blowback" it's gang/ thug behavior.

Kinda like a pig wearing lipstick, is still a pig wearing lipstick. You can try to pretty it up, but it is still what it is.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The guy has 90 previous arrest kinda makes you wonder what the record is.

Should start self policing like Baltimore seems to be taking a bunch of criminals off the street there.

edit on 10-8-2015 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Protestors being upset of this shooting is just more of the problem. How can this person's deadly actions be justified.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
is there no body/dashcam footage of this incident?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What I don't understand is shooting at other people and then blaming it on the cops simply for being in the area.

Theres a thousand cops "in the area" and the gangs are going to open fire on each other? Really…

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Can you explain why 2 gangs decided to star shooting at each other?

Where'd you get that from?

The only person shot multiple times is that one guy…

Hows that a gang shoot out?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

So the guy now wanted to be murdered too, by shooting at police, like a criminal, very intelligent action here to commemorate his "closes friend death", by getting shot himself.

Yah, obviously he lost it.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

What I don't understand is shooting at other people and then blaming it on the cops simply for being in the area.

Theres a thousand cops "in the area" and the gangs are going to open fire on each other? Really…

A thousand cops? Source?

Two groups didn't exchange shots? Source?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

Like to find out how many police bullets are in him, too?

Not that anyone will care then, he's already convicted, tried in the media and in the hospital.

Shot multiple times sounds more like police action than gang "spray and pray".

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Yes and the BLM movement/protesters looted a local business right in front of the police also.

"A crowd of about 50 people looted a beauty store in the St. Louis suburb and protesters grew confrontational late in the evening. There was no immediate word of any arrests."
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AwrC1C0yJMhVCy4AvEnQtDMD;_ylu=X3o'___'ByOHZyb21tBGNv bG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

The police would not dare arrest any of the looters
for fear of being called racist and oppressive.

So the small business owner took it, and was
oppressed and symbolically raped by the BLM
movement.

All because the police are in a total
lose/lose situation.
And if they tried to stop the looting
they would be called racist and
risk being jailed themselves if they
hurt a looter in any way shape or form.

Damned if they don't help people.

Damned if they succeed in protecting people
and someone of the wrong color is killed or injured
in the process.

If I were a police person of any color
and especially if I were a kind, caring,
and non-racist police officer,
I'd be job hunting
rather than risk
being hunted by the lose/lose
situation that all police now find
themselves in.

edit on 11Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:23:45 -0500am81008amk101 by grandmakdw because: format addition

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Not that anyone will care then, he's already convicted, tried in the media and in the hospital.

WTF? They kid shot at the cops. they returned fire. This is so far from rocket science it's frightening.
Are you so deluded with hate that you fail to see this for exactly what it is?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Can you explain why 2 gangs decided to star shooting at each other?

Where'd you get that from?

The only person shot multiple times is that one guy…

Hows that a gang shoot out?

I could point you to the BBC film showing two gangs involved in shooting at each other, but if you are in America you won't be able to see it. If the BBC has it then doubtless American channels also have it - might be worth looking first rather than disagreeing with people

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Well yea, because your average cop is likely a better shot than your average gang banger. When you shoot at a group of cops, you're probably going to get shot back at by more than one cop, and probably hit by more than one round.

How any of that can be used to somehow preclude him having been involved in the initial altercation that law enforcement was NOT involved in escapes me.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Well id say for once it was a justified shooting.

Shoot at a cop then you sign your own death warrent.

Police should bill the cost of the bullet to his family.

Darwinism at its finest.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join