It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy is catching many weird objects in the atmosphere with high-tech set-up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I am not sure what this is....but looking at this photo capture from frame 3:51 suggests, that maybe this thing doesn't even know what itself is lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If I were a hyper-intelligent race of beings I would make damn sure all my scout and operative ships looked like things the dominant terrestrial lifeforms would write off as balloons or something easily explainable. I mean, duh. Covert enough?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Isn't this the same guy who had a knack for sitting next to a trash dump and filming plastic bags and other trash that caught the wind?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

That is clearly a set of Mylar balloons loosely tied together. Wind is making them move around all funny.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hello 1952

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

There maybe some weather balloons there but others look like novelty mylar balloons which you get in all shapes sizes tie a few together film in the distance and you have a classic morphing ufo video .

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It is really amazing seeing people "talk" and "talk" without really knowing what they are talking about. You see people mentioning weather balloons in ways that clearly show that they do not have a minimum idea of the shape of a weather balloon.
As I mentioned in a comment in one of the videos in this thread nothing will ever come or will be done from sites like this one or any other UFO site for that matter. Ignorance reigns supreme here, the "mechanicist expectation" or view is pervasive in sites like this one, if an object is not "craft-like" then it can't be a UFO, that is really a very narrow minded way to see reality.
But that is really not surprising when you see that Ufologists as a rule never did direct observations, they always relayed in "sightings reports" from third party unprepared observers, creating myths and conspiracy theories that are the "food" of sites like this one.
Amazingly the people that frequent sites like this one will believe almost any conspiracy theory or myths that they can not verify by themselves independently, but the reality of anomalies can be verified by almost anyone using very limited instruments, but no they are too busy "talking" to be able to do anything really meaningful.

Bulletproof method to spot anomalies:
www.youtube.com...

Who are the real Ufologists:
www.youtube.com...

Anomalies Zoo:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 000000f2015fTuesday232015-08-11T02:23:45-05:00k45 by ufoflicks because: (no reason given)

edit on 000000f2015fTuesday242015-08-11T02:24:42-05:00k42 by ufoflicks because: (no reason given)

edit on 000000f2015fTuesday272015-08-11T02:27:38-05:00k38 by ufoflicks because: (no reason given)

edit on 000000f2015fTuesday292015-08-11T02:29:30-05:00k30 by ufoflicks because: (no reason given)

edit on 000000f2015fTuesday322015-08-11T02:32:50-05:00k50 by ufoflicks because: (no reason given)

edit on 000000f2015fTuesday342015-08-11T02:34:17-05:00k17 by ufoflicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
All toy metallic balloons, in some cases multiple balloons tied together ie the pyramids and I'd guess these are being shot a hell of a lot lower in the atmosphere than suggested because in one of them you can actually see a reflection of something black near it.

And it really does not help that the video's come labelled from the masters of misdirection or misinformation near the end of certain video's.

Fake rubbish, similar to that uk bloke who claimed to be filming ships in space using a fancy camera etc and like all his stuff it was fake as can be, I even posted where he got his footage from when he said he was being followed by black helicopters yet the secretly recorded footage he used was from a film..

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
All toy metallic balloons, in some cases multiple balloons tied together ie the pyramids and I'd guess these are being shot a hell of a lot lower in the atmosphere than suggested because in one of them you can actually see a reflection of something black near it.

And it really does not help that the video's come labelled from the masters of misdirection or misinformation near the end of certain video's.

Fake rubbish, similar to that uk bloke who claimed to be filming ships in space using a fancy camera etc and like all his stuff it was fake as can be, I even posted where he got his footage from when he said he was being followed by black helicopters yet the secretly recorded footage he used was from a film..

I don't know why I'm posting this since your post states you never return to a conversation - do you do that in real life as well and if so how is that working out for you?

Anyway, it would help if you could actually read what he said properly. He didn't say master of misdirection or misinformation, though that title may suit some on here, he said "masters of misidentification" in regards to typical UFO hunters who film at night - he says they don't use the proper tools for nighttime filming.

Link

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoflicks

Firstly, you need to stop promoting your own YT channel. Secondly, your argument and the second video link disregards context. We need a context to frame whatever imagery is within a video. Your IR footage might show lights in the sky, but it doesn't share the 'context' of satellite/ISS flyovers or iridium flares.

Similarly, your YT channel in the OP has a collection of videos that don't offer any context. We can't see a scale, we don't see you zooming in or tracking an object. You don't provide a 'context' to explain how you can say with certainty the objects aren't balloons. You don't say that the footage is taken from (for example) a NNE direction and that the local weather station is away in the East and couldn't be accountable. Can you understand why these details are important?

Your objects look like Mylar or something similar. Could you be releasing helium-filled balloons and then filming them? In context, it's happened before; there are a lot of precedents for using balloons to hoax UFO footage. Should we forget all that? Should we gaze in amnesiac awe and accept every YT video as *proof?*

Another context is history. We've had years of footage without any smoking guns and, currently, thousands of hoax videos and dozens of hugely popular hoax channels. With your IR examples, are you aware of the historical context of Ed Grimsley? He used the same technique and claimed he was filming space battles.

For all I know, you are devoted to the pursuit of UFOs and truly believe in what you are doing. On the other hand, I don't know you and have to do my thinking through 'context.'

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
These are clearly balloons. It seems like the alien/UFO folks here are really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately..

lol... If we don't present real earth mysteries and conspiracies , then we might as well close or turn this site into something else then what its been made for in the first place ...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You really have not done a simple homework of looking "carefully" at the footage, all tracking footage from the infrared camera have azimuth, elevation data given in real time, timestamps are also there. The amount of information provided in these footages is really unmatched in any other YT channel. The dual optical system that I use is really unique and can be argued to be the best tool for daylight atmospheric observations. This is not a camcorder where you can zoom out, this is using HIGH optical magnification scopes, but I know that many people here will not even know the meaning of magnification. Again "talk" and "talk" but no action. Without any experience doing active atmospheric observations with high magnification optical equipment what people will have will be just assumptions and will use their preconceptions to fill their lack of knowledge in this specific area, and that is what the almost absolute majority will do, including active scientists and academicians.
The example of the meteorites is a very good one: Lavoisier an extremely successful french chemist denied the reality of meteorites, he used his "authority" to "impose" his view and even the French Academy of Science backed Lavoisier position. This shows that you can be a very successful scientist in one area but also you can be an ignorant in others areas, making claims without the necessary experience is very common in people and as this example shows it is also not foreign to active scientists.

edit on 000000f2015fTuesday432015-08-11T03:43:50-05:00k50 by ufoflicks because: (no reason given)

edit on 000000f2015fTuesday442015-08-11T03:44:52-05:00k52 by ufoflicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

It is really amazing seeing people "talk" and "talk" without really knowing what they are talking about.

I know that not all balloons are created equally , some are weather balloons and others aren't ... like this one.

Now , if you are trying to tell everyone that this isn't a balloon but rather an anomalous object then I would have to say that it is YOU who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Amazingly the people that frequent sites like this one will believe almost any conspiracy theory or myths that they can not verify by themselves independently

Judging by the ridiculous number of flags this thread has received for frankly videos of balloons I would have to agree with you , some however can see the wood for the trees and call a balloon a balloon.

Ignorance reigns supreme here

Not as supreme as you'd like to think , you film balloons.
Source of above balloon picture

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I'm well aware of the example of meteorites and understand its significance in the history of UFO sightings reports. It doesn't reassure me that you haven't been releasing balloons and filming them. Like I said, the context I operate from is that we've had a lot of precedent for using balloons as props for UFO videos. Maussan's been a regular proponent of balloon videos that he used to call sky dragons. Many of those have since been removed from YT, but they shared many features with the ones I've watched from you.

Of course, it's possible that I'm wrong. It's possible that you're filming an ecosystem of differing lifeforms that have been missed by everyone else. However, the balance of probability is that the objects in the footage are balloons...not necessarily your balloons, but balloons nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoflicks
nothing will ever come or will be done from sites like this one or any other UFO site for that matter.

So what exactly do you want people to do when all you have are video's of balloons?

Ignorance reigns supreme here,

That would be the people claiming they are not balloons!

if an object is not "craft-like" then it can't be a UFO,

When you take video's of objects that are obviously balloons they are NOT "UFO's"!

Snip links to balloons.
edit on 11-8-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: beercan

Have you been to a club or whatever and you find that 20 feet away from you stands a beautiful girl?
When you get to about 2 feet you notice she's not at all what you saw 18 feet back?

That's what this is.

It could be an experiment, we can make it into an experiment.
Something like how many BS videos of obvious balloons and blue birds can we upload to ATS every day?

I agree it could be some kind of joke/hoax/experiment..........whatever.

I think I clearly stated in my OP (not directed at you) that sure, some of these definitely look like balloons, but others definitely don't.

No one has mentioned the morphing this camera man seems to see, I'm not sure if some are morphing or just seen from different angles.

I will continue to watch his site and see what he posts.

The tumbling pyramids are very interesting.......not sure how balloons or kites could tumble in mid-air

Dude...that looks even MORE like balloons. Its very very clearly mylar ballons tied together.

WTF is going on here...why are you posting images of balloons and trying to pass them as UFOS?

This thread should be closed. This is just silly.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Again this thread confirm what I had said many times Debunkers/science types and UFO believers are two faces of the same coin: the coin of preconceptions, debunkers that will not accept anything as evidence because for them the world is already all known and UFO believers that will only accept what conforms to the narrow minded mechanicist expectation.
But UFO believers that are self proclaimed to be "open minded" are the worst of the lot, they frequently talk of "cover-up" and a "holy" goal of "disclosure" but they are the first in line suppressing vital evidence that contradicts their beliefs, they act as religious fanatics and in a very real sense they are the biggest obstacle in this subject that they pretend to own.

edit on 000000f2015fTuesday372015-08-11T06:37:40-05:00k40 by ufoflicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoflicks
Again this thread confirm what I had said many times Debunkers/science types and UFO believers are two faces of the same coin: the coin of preconceptions, debunkers that will not accept anything as evidence because for them the world is already all known and UFO believers that will only accept what conforms to the narrow minded mechanicist expectation.
But UFO believers that are self proclaimed to be "open minded" are the worst of the lot, they frequently talk of "cover-up" and a "holy" goal of "disclosure" but they are the first in line suppressing vital evidence that contradicts their beliefs, they act as religious fanatics and in a very real sense they are the biggest obstacle in this subject that they pretend to own.

We will accept evidence when acceptable evidence is presented. SO far, its only been crap like this. Or videos of blurry lights in the sky.

Accepting that or staying open minded to stupid things like balloons and lights in the sky isnt a good thing. It shows you are gullible. So you can get off your high horse because if you cant see this post for what it is then...well, thats not a good thing.

There is NO benefit to stauing open minded about these videos.

Believe me, when conclusive evidence is presented, i will do the quickest 180 anyone has seen. i WANT ufos and aliens to be real. Mylar ballons are not getting my juices flowing im afraid.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

C' mon fella? Nobody is 'suppressing' you here and nobody can take your YT channel away. You've got some superb camera equipment too. The obstacle for some people is they can't look through your equipment and judge for themselves. We have to use our critical thinking and the objects look like different shapes of balloons. Isn't that fair and reasonable?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Sorry ufoflicks but many on here are used to looking with descent equipment some even professional grade. We have a thread about astrophotography many members post on.

Your equipment is good your conclusions aren't the bulk of them look like mylar balloons and youtube is full of many examples.

It's a joke when people post threads like this and state in the OP what members can't say what the objects are most likely to be but you see that all the time on here.

Keep trying you never know one day you may get the real deal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join