It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter Threatened By Black Lives Matter Conference Attendees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm sorry to interrupt... Just got a small announcement to make here...

This thread is for White, European decendants.. This is a White European decendant space...

If you're not a white European decendant, please move to the back of the bus, er posting.. To the back of the posting.. Thanks..

Naw, nothing racist going on....

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

So, white European descendants aren't allowed to have an opinion?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
Be careful OP, someone might call you a racist, and that is a potent weapon.

What's been really interesting to watch is movements like BLM turning on their supporters. Like the recent Bernie Sanders speech in Seattle. No one is a more white guilt ridden, progressive, BLM supporter than Bernie. He was aggressively and disrespectfully chased off stage, chastised and humiliated by a group of black people. He offered not a word in his own defense.

As liberals support these groups like La Raza and BLM they should be careful. You can create a monster that someday tries to eat you.

I'm back a bit on ATS after a 1-2 month break. It's been great.

I have to agree a bit that some of the so-called social justice movements are getting out of hand, or at least many individuals within them are taking it too far.

Now it is considered okay to write, post, say, or whatever just about any statement about White people or about history. And because of where the culture is moving, as soon as social justice, BLM, feminism, or what have you is invoked a large percentage of people start nodding their heads and shut down any criticism. If you criticize, suddenly you will be dismissed with one of the three following ad hominem dismissals:

1) You are blinded by white or male privilege and hence that is why you are disagreeing.
2) You are a closet racist or bigot.
3) You are uneducated on the issues.

I say this as a decade old white liberal ally that has worked on a large number of social justice projects. Hell, I am as we speak.

However, I will also state that often the worst I see is from white liberals (and I say this as a staunch white liberal lol). Probably out of all of the times I have been attacked as a white male, more of the times have been by a white liberal, especially female.

I have also been attacked or blown off based on race by people of color, and also been defended by them.

For example, just yesterday I was doing canvassing for addressing the Legionnaire's Disease in the Bronx, NY. I was on a team. An African American woman tried to say that I wouldn't be able to dance when it was brought up. Two Latino people, one guy and one girl, immediately shut her down. So, we should never assume that it's all minorities either.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If you find this to be indicative of the whole group, then do so.

I certainly don't think it's indicative of the entire group currently, but I'm willing to bet it's going to be pretty soon. This kind of nonsense is going to drive away people that aren't rabid black power racists. They're preying on all the hard work the good guys in the group put in.

I don't have a problem with BLM having a problem with All Lives Matter. They want to focus on a relevant and real issue affecting a certain color (let's be honest, a white person from Africa would be kicked out) in this country, and I don't begrudge them for that. I also don't think it's racist to say that black people aren't treated as well as white people in this country.

Can we agree that actions like the one in this video and what we saw with Sanders (and I'm not on that bandwagon yet) are a terrible idea? This isn't just making white people not want to have anything to do with this "movement", it's making anyone that isn't an asshole want to avoid attending a meeting. I may agree with the cause, but I certainly don't want to be a part of a group that hates me because I was born white, thinks that I'm incapable of having any sort of empathy, and tries to manipulate me with guilt that I shouldn't feel.

Reading through one of the gal's Twitter feeds and a Facebook post attempting to explain the action left me with an incredibly sour taste in my mouth.

These are the kind of people you can't win with.

"Hey, I agree with you, cops target black people unfairly, I'd really love to help!"

"STFU Whitey, you don't understand what we've gone through, so you're appropriating our struggle!".

You're from the UK, you don't understand, you shouldn't be allowed to post about things in the US. Sound ridiculous? Yeah...

AGree with you 100%. Yours is a logical, balanced post.

Racism against blacks is real. So is historical and institutionalized racism.

Does that mean that it is okay to hate, generalize, dismiss, all whites? No.

And as you say, it is starting to push away even white allies, including myself. I will never allow myself to get into the kind of conservative reactionism of saying "oh see there are some extremists therefore racism and historical oppression by the West aren't real."

No, but I will start avoiding such conversations and activist groups for the simple fact that many of such groups now act like this. If the "job description" of being an ally means accepting any and all abusive statements about whites, or accepting statements that only whites are racist or have oppressed people in history, or never disagreeing with anything such groups say, then I don't think I want to be that ally. That is not an ally, that is a victim in its own right, or a yes man. That's not equality.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Domo1

BLM have asked for an apology from the folks for Bernie Sanders...
I'm sure when they catch wind of this they'll do the same.

What we shouldn't ignore, or forget rather, is COINTELPRO, there is the possibility these actions are done by provocateurs...
Not saying it is.
But I'm not saying it can't be either...

For some, the only colour is green...
Even if it's detriment to a movement for "their own".

There is good and bad in everyone.
I don't think anyone has suggested differently about BLM...

But I know a worthy cause in intentions...
& I won't lambaste the entirety of the movement for the actions of a questionable few.

True, because again one of the worst logical fallacies and one of the sources of bigotry is the very common fallacy of over-extrapolation or over-generalization.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

When and where have you seen blacks treated unfairly by police? You've mentioned in several posts that you believe them to be treated unfairly. It would be illuminating if you could specify this disproportionate mistreatment.

Black people use drugs at about the same rate as white people (white people are also more likely to sell drugs), yet black people are far more likely to be searched by police and then are far more likely to be put in prison for far longer than white people.

washingtonpost.com

Have you considered, seriously(not rhetorical), that this could have more to do with the connection to violent crime? Could it be that police find more connections to violent gangs and the like when they investigate black drug criminals?

Who's a bigger threat?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Social Justice Warriors are like children and highly annoying, as so the BlackLivesMatter movement.

None of this will ever fix any problems and tends to make everyone look stupid.

Besides, black gangs have nothing on MS-13, the most dangerous gang to ever hit the US. And they're mostly Salvadorians.

#SalvadorianLivesMatter

And I've never understood this whole racist thing, especially since 80% of rap sales are White. Whodathunkit.

Racism within white power structures is a whole different thing, and I suspect the Royal Family should be beheaded for such blatant racism. At least Amerika has a black president.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

That's a totally circular argument. Since its a well known fact that the more police investigate & bust drug syndicates, the more severe the violence becomes amoung said drug syndicates. So there for, the police (and government in general) are directly responsible for how unstable the streets have become in black communities.

Just like the coalition of the invasion of Iraq are directly responsible for how unstable Iraq has become. You take down one leader (or crime boss) and 10 others will rise up, all battling with each other to take the crown.

If anyone actually wanted to fix up the mass violence that occurs in black communities, they'd be campaigning to end the war on drugs and reduce poverty. Rather than coming here and making racist threads, insinuating nonsense about black people being genetically more prone to violent acts.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Ah yes, the "It's everyone else's fault argument". No doubt, police intervention in crime ratchets up the pressure, forces criminals to greater acts of crime.

By your comparison and logic then, black communities are war zones which should go unpoliced. It would be interesting to see how black communities would fare. Leave them to their own devices you say?

How exactly would you reduce poverty in black communities?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Personally, I think this group (which, by the way was founded upon a lie) should be accurately titled "Only Black Lives Matter". And there are some qualifications. Blacks killing blacks is apparently fine and dandy. It is only a problem when a white person is involved and then...it doesn't matter if the black person is threatening to explode a nuke in the middle of a shopping mall. "Only Black Lives Matter". The other qualification is that it doesn't even matter to them if they are racist, hateful, ignorant, violent or of they break the law. Oh...thats right...that never mattered.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Ah yes, the "It's everyone else's fault argument". No doubt, police intervention in crime ratchets up the pressure, forces criminals to greater acts of crime.

By your comparison and logic then, black communities are war zones which should go unpoliced. It would be interesting to see how black communities would fare. Leave them to their own devices you say?

How exactly would you reduce poverty in black communities?

Gotta love it...it is racist for a Police Officer to disrupt a black person committing a crime. You've got to be kidding me? Is this REALLY what these people believe...that this is acceptable. Maybe I'm just wrong that all people are equal.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
OK...here we go.

America is a place where anyone CAN be treated equally if you ACT equally civilized. Where people WON'T target you by race UNLESS you act like an animal. Where people are GIVEN a hand if needed so long as they don't ABUSE the system. Where everyone who DOESN'T ACT LIKE AN ASS shouldn't be called by bad names.

But lets see what we are finding out here. No...this doesn't apply to all black people. Just the ones who act like this. They want to live in a community with others like themselves...just black. They want to be governed by people like themselves...just black. They want to be policed by people like themselves...just black. Etc., etc., etc. At the same time, they want to be left alone if they riot...left alone if robbing a store with a gun...left alone to attack others black or white. They believe they shouldn't be arrested, shouldn't be interrupted and definitely shouldn't be shot even if charging a police officer after trying to grab his gun.

They also believe they are not responsible for their actions...it is because of something else, someone else did before. Or maybe yesterday...doesn't matter...just not responsible. They can't control themselves...riots, crime, drugs, dealing, violence. But again...not their fault. Apparently they are possessed by something that forces them to do these things against their will.

And just to round out the whole picture ABOUT CERTAIN, BUT NOT ALL is they need a government hand-out. They need money, food, housing, etc. They need special rules to be equal...even though they claim they are equal. Everyone owes them something...everyone is against them...and NOTHING is their fault.

There was a time when some white people would say "go back to where you came from" or "go live over there away from us" which was wrong and racist. But isn't this what CERTAIN OF THESE PEOPLE want?

I'm so sick of this PC bull! Welcome to 2015! Every individual is responsible for their own actions REGARDLESS OF WHY they act the way they do. If you act like an animal...you deserve to be treated like one. If you act like a criminal...you will be treated as one. And if you act like a parasite...you should be treated as one.

No...I'm not racist. I believe in equal rights for all. But only if they are equal. Equal in how they act civilized. Equal in not being a criminal, in being self-supported, in being productive, in raising the children they bring into the world and in every other way a person can be compared to another. Do this...and you are 100% equal. But don't do these things...become a burden on society and NO...you are not equal. In fact, at that level...you are unneeded and a drain on society as a whole.

Sorry...just had to spell it out. Now to all those who don't like facts and logic...too bad. For those black people who represent the majority of hardworking, law abiding citizens...POLICE YOUR OWN! Don't let the dregs of society drag you down. You have worked too hard to get where you are today to allow idiots like these to represent you.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Black lives matter thing is a joke really. Racist at its core yet wont turn the attention to the number one killers of black folk by far.....other black folk. I would call BLM a phony bunch of crap.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I actually agree with the sentiment echoed by others here, even though I support the ideals of the wider movement it doesn't help to have people like this exhibiting the worst stereotypes of what the right-wing racist wants to perpetuate.

Let me see if I understand this. The "stereotypes of what the right-wing racist wants to perpetuate". I assume that basically means Republicans, Conservatives who because of race, treat a person unfairly. And in the context of this thread and your post...you point out that these people are acting just like that. Just like what the "right-wing racist" believes.

So...these people are right-wing racists because they believe that some black people act like the black people shown here are acting? That would mean that these right-wing people aren't racists...it would mean they are right. Correct?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I agree and they are definitely getting away with it because they are black.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Aren't every single one of us originally from Africa? I really think we should change the word race to ethnicity when regarding different human types as we are all the same race? Is a really light skinned guy from Morocco white? I'm confused.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

So, white European descendants aren't allowed to have an opinion?

Think you missed the point....

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why don't black people in other countries act like this?
Has entitlement lead to arrogance and intimidation?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Black lives matter is an organization filled with ugly black woman with nothing better to do

I mean who would go out with some of the fat ugly ass ignorant woman in Black lives matter

These ignorant jack assess don’t speak for black people

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join