It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter Threatened By Black Lives Matter Conference Attendees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Blacks filming cops is "my rights".
Reporter filming blacks is being disrespectful and intends to target children.
Deny them even on public property, nice!
Way over the top imo.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I wonder what BLM organizers reaction would be if the media would start wholly ignoring them and their little displays. When someone or some group interrupts an event, handle it exactly like MLB broadcasts handle a fan on the field: cut away and offer ZERO coverage to the attention whore.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Larlenoyc7
GOD demonstrated HIS love to us by sending His Son Jesus Christ, who died and rose from the dead to GIVE us eternal life.💗💗
He also promised to heal your body.
(Just ask Him)

Ok I recognize you are being sweet and kind in your own way, but what in the hell does this have to do with the thread or topic at hand?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

This post deserves more stars than I can give.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I find it to be indicative of large sects of the group. Do I think it is representative of all of them no...do I think they will follow the crowd rather than stand up to it yes. This is why I say such divisive movements are toxic and only serve to feed into the very thing which they fight. That was the entire point I have been trying to make. I just thought it a beautiful bit of evidence in poi ting that out and finally ending the dispute once and for all. Maybe now you will see what I meant. Let's end the divisiveness and just fight inequality where ever we find it and stop dividing ourselves to fight each other when our efforts will find more success together. Issues like racisim come from all races and types of people...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Well thank you ms.skadi just telling it like it is. Hold no punches

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If you find this to be indicative of the whole group, then do so.

I certainly don't think it's indicative of the entire group currently, but I'm willing to bet it's going to be pretty soon. This kind of nonsense is going to drive away people that aren't rabid black power racists. They're preying on all the hard work the good guys in the group put in.

I don't have a problem with BLM having a problem with All Lives Matter. They want to focus on a relevant and real issue affecting a certain color (let's be honest, a white person from Africa would be kicked out) in this country, and I don't begrudge them for that. I also don't think it's racist to say that black people aren't treated as well as white people in this country.

Can we agree that actions like the one in this video and what we saw with Sanders (and I'm not on that bandwagon yet) are a terrible idea? This isn't just making white people not want to have anything to do with this "movement", it's making anyone that isn't an asshole want to avoid attending a meeting. I may agree with the cause, but I certainly don't want to be a part of a group that hates me because I was born white, thinks that I'm incapable of having any sort of empathy, and tries to manipulate me with guilt that I shouldn't feel.

Reading through one of the gal's Twitter feeds and a Facebook post attempting to explain the action left me with an incredibly sour taste in my mouth.

These are the kind of people you can't win with.

"Hey, I agree with you, cops target black people unfairly, I'd really love to help!"

"STFU Whitey, you don't understand what we've gone through, so you're appropriating our struggle!".

You're from the UK, you don't understand, you shouldn't be allowed to post about things in the US. Sound ridiculous? Yeah...

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I actually agree with the sentiment echoed by others here, even though I support the ideals of the wider movement it doesn't help to have people like this exhibiting the worst stereotypes of what the right-wing racist wants to perpetuate.

The thing is, this is still an organic movement, there are no recognized leaders to speak of, so when you have a thousand voices all involved in the group you get the wild and crazy members who want to act out more radically than the general movement would want - and you get journalists wanting to capitalize on that for their own ends.

The same thing happens in every organic movement like this (and you all know it). But, I guess selective reasoning is generally accepted here, when it suits your primary objective, right guys?

There are still millions of people who support the general principles of the #blacklivesmatter movement, and if you don't then maybe you just really are a racist? After all, the only thing they are demanding is fair treatment by those we all pay to serve and protect us.

But lets not consider the bigger picture here, right? It's far better to pick out the handful of radicals and start preaching about "all black people", as if that makes you not a racist.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

BLM have asked for an apology from the folks for Bernie Sanders...
I'm sure when they catch wind of this they'll do the same.

What we shouldn't ignore, or forget rather, is COINTELPRO, there is the possibility these actions are done by provocateurs...
Not saying it is.
But I'm not saying it can't be either...

For some, the only colour is green...
Even if it's detriment to a movement for "their own".

There is good and bad in everyone.
I don't think anyone has suggested differently about BLM...

But I know a worthy cause in intentions...
& I won't lambaste the entirety of the movement for the actions of a questionable few.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

When and where have you seen blacks treated unfairly by police? You've mentioned in several posts that you believe them to be treated unfairly. It would be illuminating if you could specify this disproportionate mistreatment.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Yup, BLM is just another ordinary run of the mill hate group, evidence of their actions such as this proves it.
They are extremists who are not inclusive of others to their cause which will only isolate themselves further till they become outright militant.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

The funny part about this whole Black Lives Matter movement is that most of the black people who died are being shot by other black people. I actually first heard this on tv and then had a look on the internet myself and it's true, the larger number of the black community are being shot or killed by other black people, so it makes no sense. I'm not saying that some of the Police aren't racist or dont have an issue with black people but it's still a recorded fact.

Secondly -

I'm so bored with this BLM. It makes you laugh that suddenly it's okay for a single group of society for the simple fact that if I was to start a group called WHITE LIVES MATTER, I'd be called a racist, a bigot and someone who doesn't understand why Black Lives Movement is so important. I mean it's the same with that film Dear White People or Dear Black People, if I was to do the same film but about black people I'd be labelled a racist. It's so ridiculous but I'm still waiting to see the usual wolfs to come running for their time in front of the camera and I'm sure I dont have to list them Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton etc.

So bored with this movement, bored with the notion that black people are held back (My boss at work, manager and team leader are all black or of mixed race) by Sister in law is black and she runs a team of six and yes I know that's just a small number compared to the bigger number but honestly I dont actually see it anymore. I would actually say and will no doubt get a load of rubbish for this but sometimes people are hired because they're black or non-white so a company doesn't have an all white employee list and get reported for discrimination.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I've always seen African Americans as anarchists that live in groups.

If you look at Africa and the many militias and war lords, it's a pretty accurate assumption.

I have some black friends that I talk to and hang out with, so atleast not all of them are that way.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

When and where have you seen blacks treated unfairly by police? You've mentioned in several posts that you believe them to be treated unfairly. It would be illuminating if you could specify this disproportionate mistreatment.

Black people use drugs at about the same rate as white people (white people are also more likely to sell drugs), yet black people are far more likely to be searched by police and then are far more likely to be put in prison for far longer than white people.

washingtonpost.com

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I thought it was funny that about half of them there looked like they were mixed white race. I guess it's important for people to see how stupid the whole BLM movement is.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

originally posted by: Eye4NeyE
Another negative BLM thread... What a shocker.....

*yawn*...

You're right, it's not all that shocking is it? People should be aware that the movement is being appropriated by racists and entitled brats.

OR people are actively looking for the few times racists and entitled brats open their loud, dumb mouths they try to SAY that the movement is being appropriated by them. There is always that possibility too. It's a common propaganda technique to discredit grassroots movements that can threaten the establishment.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

A wise person once said: "No one cared who I was until I put on the mask."

Action will probably come from this. Social change isn't always nice.
edit on 10-8-2015 by Pinke because: wise persons lulz

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

This whole movement really irks me, in that their fight is against racism, whilst the movement itself is racist, with black racists participating and being fueled by a race baiter....it doesnt sit well with me , ALL LIVES matter...to say all lives matter is a message of equality, to say black lives matter and to reject people from their rallys based on skin tone is inherantly racist.

This is a police matter, in that they need reigned in for the benefit of EVERYONE and not just black people, if it was JUST black people being killed by cops then id completely support it, however its not.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

Black lives only seem to matter when they are killed by a white cop, if black lives truly matter then maybe they need to address the REAL issue.

A black person has a 2.4% chance of being killed by a cop and a 93% chance of being killed by another black person.

black people commit the most murder and robbery's overall in the US and that's not even on a per capita basis

fbi stats here www.fbi.gov...

With this information in mind, black people have a bigger problem than just cops.

The liberal media however wont touch these stats or address this issue in fear of being branded "racist" which doesn't make an iota of sense to me, but if the government/media wont address this situation then how do we stop it? instead they just pump out the videos of black people being shot by cops making it look like its an epidemic when actually its a small minority, thus perpetuating this "black people are victims" rhetoric, which doesn't address the ACTUAL problems, and creates movements like BLM which is anti-white and racist in of itself.

edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Most of them are racists!! Even if they dont admit it, BLMs my ass, every live should matter, this guys have an agenda!
edit on 10-8-15 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join