It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sanders and Black Lives Matter.....conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Was the whole Bernie Sanders and the Black Lives Matter person jumping on stage a conspiracy? while not all political candidates have secret service protection, one would think that there would have been some security to stop someone from going on stage or to pull them off the stage. After seeing this, one would imagine that Sanders would have better security going forward, if this was a real event

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Some people have dug around and found the Facebook profiles and Linkedin pages for these women. One of them seems to have some conservative leanings. One of them claimed to have a Palin button on backpack a while ago. The woman goes on further though.

Alone, we can surmise that she may have made a few questionable choices in her youth. OK, she was young, but Palin was a candidate for VP running against the first black president. But when I read down a little further, my benefit of the doubt limit had been reached.

"GOP shoulda groomed me right then...now they gotta see me on the other side *shrugs*"

For real? It's like that? This wasn't 8 years, or even 4 years ago. She posted that last month. So my question is, what kinda grooming would it have taken?

LINK

It certainly raises questions.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

With all of the racism talk going around, I think that these #BlackLivesMatters people are more racist than Confederate flag people. That is just from my outside perspective on the whole thing. Here is my reasoning. Confederate flag people see that the U.S. is falling into flames and they blame it on all races, even whites. White symphatizers of illegal immigration are no different than the immigrants to most of them. They believe that the Southern doctrine from pre civil war was what held their states together. The Black Lives matters group is implying, by name, that no other lives matter unless they are black. They do not care if white people are killed by police or any other reason, they only care if black people are killed or harmed in any way. That is more racist than the Confederate flag people, by race anyways. If the Bernie and Black people thing is a preplanned thing, it sure didn't help him in any way from what I could tell.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

As far as I can guess, Sanders does not have any secret service protection. The only one that does would be Clinton. Security would have had to been left the event organizers. Why didnt they jump to? You'd have to ask them.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

edit on 1020150820151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

The BLM people are not saying that "only" black lives matter, they are saying that in addition to everyone else, their lives matter as well.

In any group of people there are going to be outliers. The critics of BLM would like you to think that the black people in this movement are all rabid racists. This is a tactic aimed at discrediting and undermining the movement. The same thing happened with Occupy Wall Street. It wasn't long before people were calling the protesters lazy, disruptive and ungrateful.

In a way I guess it speaks to the danger BLM poses to the status quo -- they're actually gaining enough traction for people to begin to demonize them.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's also very likely she's just an idiot, she might want to look into Bernie's education plan
edit on 10-8-2015 by EightTF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

When I saw Obama speaking in the primaries, he had security at his events. This could show that Bernie Sander's events are not that secure. He might want to up security a bit.
edit on 10amMon, 10 Aug 2015 00:10:15 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The BLM people are not saying that "only" black lives matter, they are saying that in addition to everyone else, their lives matter as well.

In any group of people there are going to be outliers. The critics of BLM would like you to think that the black people in this movement are all rabid racists. This is a tactic aimed at discrediting and undermining the movement. The same thing happened with Occupy Wall Street. It wasn't long before people were calling the protesters lazy, disruptive and ungrateful.

In a way I guess it speaks to the danger BLM poses to the status quo -- they're actually gaining enough traction for people to begin to demonize them.

So why don't the #BlackLivesMatters occupation protest about anything besides when blacks are harmed? Like they are Rev. jackson's offspring. It is racist. If there was a #wWhiteLivesMatters and protested every murder of a white person by police of by any other race, it would never gain national attention. Therefore white people don't matter, unless they are famous or rich.

I see news articles every day involving whites and mexicans in my city that are murdered and it never makes any National news, even if shot by police, there is just too many to count and to keep track of, right now it is only blacks killed by police that matter, and that bothers me.

If a white man was gunned down by a mob of Blacks for no reason and robbed and they rapped his wife and daughter would the #BlackLivesMatter crew even mention it if it was known to them that it happened? No, because it doens't matter, that's normal, and allowed, because whites disadvantage them.

Count all of the blakc priviledged people in this nation and you will end up in the hundred thousands. So who is saying black lives don't matter.., we have a black president, have manyh influential and very rich black people and doctors in this country yet there are people that think that blacks don't matter? Idiots that are repeating their own history.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: iDope

With all of the racism talk going around, I think that these #BlackLivesMatters people are more racist than Confederate flag people. That is just from my outside perspective on the whole thing. Here is my reasoning. Confederate flag people see that the U.S. is falling into flames and they blame it on all races, even whites. White symphatizers of illegal immigration are no different than the immigrants to most of them. They believe that the Southern doctrine from pre civil war was what held their states together. The Black Lives matters group is implying, by name, that no other lives matter unless they are black. They do not care if white people are killed by police or any other reason, they only care if black people are killed or harmed in any way. That is more racist than the Confederate flag people, by race anyways. If the Bernie and Black people thing is a preplanned thing, it sure didn't help him in any way from what I could tell.

T he real Black Lives Matter movement has nothing to do with this thread. The original movement is not racist. Just listen to yourself. More
poor white people' whining.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Yep. Though Gandhi was only partially correct with his famous phrase. This is how it works in reality: "First they ignore you, then they mock you, then they fight you, then they co-opt you, then they win."

I've seen many supposedly left wing people attacking BLM over this, especially Bernie Sanders supporters. The thing is, I haven't seen any of them do even the slightest bit of research on the people who interrupted Sanders (as in, you've done more digging than they have). They just used the incident as an excuse to attack BLM, even though we should be on the same side. It seems like a perfect "divide & conquer" tactic.

And to be fair, many Black Lives Matter protesters have called on those women to publicly apologize to Sanders. BlackLivesMatter activists want the women who interrupted Bernie Sanders to publicly apologize to him This is a petition on Change.org & has already gotten 2,378 signatures out of the desired 2,500 signatures they're requesting. But I haven't heard a peep about this, as most people are too busy using this incident as a way to diminish BLM.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Was the whole Bernie Sanders and the Black Lives Matter person jumping on stage a conspiracy? while not all political candidates have secret service protection, one would think that there would have been some security to stop someone from going on stage or to pull them off the stage. After seeing this, one would imagine that Sanders would have better security going forward, if this was a real event

Both events looked really odd to me. First, I thought "how * rude!" Later I did think.....give out some money...get him disrupted. You are spot on.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

That was well put

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: thinline

Both events looked really odd to me. First, I thought "how * rude!" Later I did think.....give out some money...get him disrupted. You are spot on.

I agree. Remember, both President Obama's side & challenger Romney's side spent roughly $1 billion on the 2012 election. And the 2016 election will probably have even more money spent. So I wouldn't put it past any candidate or PAC to spend money on disruptions like this. It would be a perfect way to keep Sanders' supporters separated from the African American community, even if the blame is misplaced. This could benefit both Hilary's campaign ("more votes for me!") as well as every Republican's campaign ("keep the left wing disorganized and attacking itself!"). It clearly doesn't benefit Sanders or African American communities & activists.

As a side note, is that Scholomance from WoW?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

A large portion of the BLM platform is that "institutional racism" is rampant throughout the country.
I bracket the word because I don't really believe such a thing exists on a national scale.
Sure, there are communities maybe even a couple of states where that could be true but nothing so monolithic as they describe.
They throw out a bunch of statistics regarding incarceration, recidivism, unemployment and graduation rates as "proof" of it's reality which all fail to address the fundamental causes of those things.
Bottom line is the fault never lies with them - it's because of how others victimize them that these things exist.

Those of us who have been around to see 40 years of mandatory hiring and school admission quotas and other forms of racial bias instituted as policy and law remember what black Americans were like a few decades ago.
There were few in government work of any kind, far less in leadership positions.
The same applied to the private sector and upper management.
There has been a steady growth of middle income black Americans.
Black culture has now become the mainstream and black athletes dominate every sport.
Black POTUS, FLOTUS, SCOTUS, Justice department, etc.

Exactly what part of America are black Americans being excluded from?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'd like to see some numbers on the average net income of an African American over the past 40 years compared to white people. A few token black people put into politics doesn't change people's unconscious bias against those of another skin color. I've been treated differently for being white right next to a black person by people in positions of authority, I've seen it first hand.

We thought we "dealt" with racism in the 60's, and extended opportunities to a few here and there in the following decades. We don't want to believe that hundreds of years of racism can't be swept away in a few decades. We simply can't accept that it takes more time and more work. We want it to be over, we want to ignore that it's still an issue.

And then the problem arises that the loudest people are the most radical people. The most obnoxious are the the most vocal. And for some reason we allow these people to become the poster children for entire movements, and entire races of people. We allow our subconscious and predisposed biases to allow these people to confirm to us that these people's issues are only the rantings of racism and reverse racism. We want to believe that these people speak for the majority.

edit on 10-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I can see where you are coming from, but why does it always have to come down exclusively to racism? Why is this buzzword always mentioned whenever social issues are brought up in the black community? Must we really view black people as a beacon of light on humanity, whom only transgress due to racial bias against them? Don't undesirable individuals exist in all groups of people, and don't all cultures/ethnicities have unique problems of their own to deal with?

You make out as though work payslips have a box with a "black person" (or "female") check box ticked that ensures these groups are paid less than white people. Could the more simpler explanation be that black people are willing to work less desirable/lucrative jobs whereas white people tend to be more selective with their job choices?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Secret Service Protection of Presidential Candidates

And, I think it's possible the two disruptions (so far) by "blacklivesmatter" might be funded by infiltrators.

Sanders is stepping on a lot of necks.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

mandatory hiring and school admission quotas and other forms of racial bias

There has never been mandatory hiring or admissions quotas regarding race. There has only ever been tax incentives and federal funding requirements.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join