It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alchemy - Search for the Philosopher Stone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

One more signpost:

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Michael_Maier_Atalanta_Fugiens_Emblem_21.jpeg

Happy hunting good people and Got damn the new age thought movement for all their vile perversion...

ETA: *Pay attention to black and white image in the wiki link. That was my intent in sharing.

edit on 7-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

So your telling Baphomet is the philosophers stone.

Ill try this example, Baphomet is the representation of the navagraha deitys.
Somehow all the schoolbooks you asserted to are from the 15th century and upwards, Baphomet represents the Age of the Capricorn/Aquarius or the deity of Saturn, which was once believed to be God, since the planetary bodies around it moved and Saturn seemed to be still in the night sky.

The representation of the Saturn Ring looks like an eye, as above so below quote.

I respectfully went back before the renaissance.

Back to the philosopher stone, please.

Sincerly

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I believe it is a metaphor for that which is within you. And I'm under no compulsion to speak in parables.

But like others who wish to find the Spiritual through the Material have fun in your quest.

I should of the just copy/pasted your beautiful words on the matter.

Yulka, did you catch what Isurrender73 wonderfully stated?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The new age movement practices and teaches the meaning of love, where do you see that wrongfully? Since i can clearly see you have no idea what you are talking about.

Ill put this in quotation: Theology, History, Alchemy not Harry Potter

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Forget Basphomet, sheesh!

Again:

www.awakeninthedream.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I really do know the representation of Baphomet, is it spiritual? Yes, in a way. For me, not really.

Baphomet is not the philosopher stone.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This is just another interpretation of Descartes words lying high as a kite in a bathtub.

edit on 7-8-2015 by yulka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'm Old Age movement.

New age teaches old age stuff in a perverted manner. This is why many who subscribe to the new age movement only have words and nothing more to show for their philosophy. Some of us have never lost our "met- conscious perceptions" that others study and pretend to be adepts at having. Some of us attain knowledge of transcendence by way of interior intuitive means. Hopefully one day you too will nurture this meta-conscious perception and will no longer have to rely on external sources as your primary form of knowledge.

I gave you something practical to follow in that link if you have the eyes to see and ears to hear. It's ok if you dismiss it and want to pursue your quest of the philosopher's stone based on your own idea of what it is when it easily can be discovered by all from within...to each their own.

Happy hunting!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

In your mind you are God, cause you are free, no boundaries holds you back. I just summed 200 pages of something. Alchemy holds more than just a chemical compounds, its holds keys to the past,present and future.

Im not gonna be a philosopher and write an essay of 30 pages about my fantasy, or how we are trapped in this 3D realm of rules which keeps us in chains.

I know clearly what you are talking about, i just want you to know what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Great post thank you!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

i got a hold of the whole recipe, PH 8.5. But if you aint an expert on chemicals i advice you not to play with this.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I know clearly what you are talking about, i just want you to know what you are saying.

Thank you kindly, Yoda.

My following words to you is influenced by egotism AND egoism due to the fact I lack patience with those who THINK they know and like to PRETEND to know about certain matters concerning the metaphysical. And also because my ride is running late...

I Am very aware since childhood who I Am due what some may identify and label as "mystical experiences." Btw, these experiences, which can be experienced by ALL, are very subtle in nature... yet very profound and tangible at the same time. I state this because it reflects and relates... to the essence of the OP.

I AM. I AM that I AM. I ___.

*Btw, those whom are truly aware will easily be able to fill in the space above...

Due to me being always aware of my God Self nature (of what you admitted you are trying to make me aware of in your above words) is why I live the blessed life I do while others daily commute their existence away. You see, my friend, it is one thing to KNOW and it is another thing to APPLY knowledge of transcendence onto this rock which our awareness is focused upon and to which we call physical existence. What is the purpose of this thread again...?

Also, becoming aware of our true nature and power will allow one to become more creators of cause and less pawns of effect. It also leaves one very egotistical (inflated sense of Self) due to egoism (Knowing Thyself).

You speak confidently, yet I can "see deeply into you" that you have only distorted philosophy and blanket statements with no details to add. And just like many new agers, you pretend to be more "enlightened" than you actually are.

Im not gonna be a philosopher and write an essay of 30 pages about my fantasy, or how we are trapped in this 3D realm of rules which keeps us in chains.

My friend, If one pretends to be more enlightened than they truly are, they will miss an opportunity to heal themselves; unleash dormant potential; nurture their meta-conscious perceptions; and discover facets of creation never experienced before objectively. Admitting our limitations can make us feel vulnerable, yet it is very freeing. We just have to be ourselves as we are now, accepting the mixture of enlightened awareness and human limitation that is in each of us. Through this self-acceptance, we will find a deep sense of peace and self-love.

From your OP source:

In alchemy the hand signifies the formula for the preparation of the tincture physicorum.

"Signifies" is what should be noted. "The hand" and a much simpler explanation of where they were going in the OP link with that insight can be found in the Gematria of the word JEHOVAH...which all ties into and/or BINDS into this subject at hand. The word "Jehovah" spells out the equation (Gematria) for manifesting which allows one the awareness of mind to EVOKE their divine powers of Self instead of ignorantly attempting to INVOKE the powers of the universe that many of the unaware often succumb to doing.

You asking about the Philosopher's Stone clearly shows that you THINK you know but don't really know at all. It's akin to someone claiming to be an airline pilot who puts forth the question: What are wings and where can it be found on this plane...?

Philosophy arises from the subjective mind. What we believe (subjectively) becomes reflected onto the third rock from the sun.

The world is your pool of Bethesda....

From your OP link (making sure you understand):

In alchemy the hand signifies the formula for the preparation of the tincture physicorum. The fish is mercury and the flame-bounded sea in which it swims is sulfur, while each of the fingers bears the emblem of a Divine Agent through the combined operations of which the great work is accomplished.

The unknown artist says of the diagram: "The wise take their oath by this hand that they will not teach the Art without parables."

To the Qabbalist the figure signifies the operation of the One Power [the crowded thumb] in the four worlds (the fingers with their emblems). Besides its alchemical and Qabbalistic meanings, the figure symbolizes the hand of a Master Mason with which he "raises" the martyred Builder of the Divine House.

Philosophically, the key represents the Mysteries themselves, without whose aid man cannot unlock the numerous chambers of his own being.

The lantern is human knowledge, for it is a spark of the Universal Fire captured in a man-made vessel; it is the light of those who dwell in the inferior universe and with the aid of which they seek to follow in the footsteps of Truth.

The sun, which may be termed the " light of the world," represents the luminescence of creation through which man may learn the mystery of all creatures which express through form and number.

The star is the Universal Light which reveals cosmic and celestial verities. The crown is Absolute Light-- unknown and unrevealed--whose power shines through all the lesser lights that are but sparks of this Eternal Effulgence. Thus is set forth the right hand, or active principle, of Deity, whose works are all contained within the "hollow of His hand.

Again, I'm an Old Ager and have no respect for the New Age Movement at all...especially those who act like they KNOW and pretend to be enlightened.

Despite my prickly nature, I actually have love for all. I leave you with a gift of insight to contemplate:

The oral tradition teaches that matter provides the material to hold the waters of life that light reflects upon , creating sight for the always seeing eye. Our EYE of imagination.

"The two eyes of the soul of man cannot both perform their work at once: but if the soul shall see with the right eye into eternity, then the left eye must close itself and refrain from working, and be as though it were dead. For if the left eye be fulfilling its office toward outward things, that is holding converse with time and the creatures; then must the right eye be hindered in its working; that is, in its contemplation. Therefore, whosoever will have the one must let the other go; for ‘no man can serve two masters.’" - Meister Eckhart

...if one cannot see the relation, then I encourage them to remain silent and build that Divine House first.

Involution according to esoteric cosmology:

As an example, the so-called descent of the Monad into matter means an involution or involving or infolding of spiritual potencies into material vehicles which coincidentally and contemporaneously, through the compelling urge of the infolding energies, unfold their own latent capacities, unwrap them, roll them forth; and this is the evolution of matter. – Gottfried de Purucker

en.wikipedia.org...(esoterism)

You stated:

Im not gonna be a philosopher...

...and yet, here you are, the author of this thread. Oh, the irony.

edit on 8-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Plato formed into a very nice piece called The republic, Aristotle made it into Cardinal Virtues. The all seeing eye is Saturn, thats Chronus, in egypt its Horus.

Words means nothing when you understand them, we say it like this, you live in your imagination and i live in mine.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

A Hermet or just a practitioner of the spiritual ways of philosophy! The only way of reaching immortality is through love meaning a child, one of my mentors taught me that.

All of the ones names you mentioned are Hermets, the master of linguistics or mastery of symbols. The secrecy is what is important.

Dedication of the old ways, same theoretical and ideal which has been past down for millenniums, master of linguistics, ruler of the realm which humans dwell in through words alone. The pen is mightier than the sword, is a coined phrase. The Societies of secrecy is built on the spiritual ideals through to ancient time by the symbolics or the letters in which paradigm they are within.

One or the other side wont make you if that is not who you are.

We arent complex beings, we are only primates with the gift of speech.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm not interested in what Plato or the others have to say on the matter I'm interested in what your Gnosis has provided you.

you live in your imagination and i live in mine.

Very good. You're getting there...
edit on 9-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I thought that was rendered ,refined pee.
edit on 9-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Sound and light, our eyes makes the reality and our mind makes it real.

Or you could put it the five senses makes the sixth sense a reality.
edit on 9-8-2015 by yulka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Lovely classic esoteric piece of art work that has been shared by the layman for centuries that some hide behind in order to deflect their lack of gnosis concerning the matter as they surf the internet in order to present information that makes them appear enlightened about the subject after foolishly bringing up new age nonsense such as the "pineal gland" which you did in one of your previous post. Now, if you are done with the art curator stuff, I would like to disuss YOUR OP.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lets find the philosopher stone, ATS!

Where is it? What is it?

Don't worry about having to write 30 pages on the matter, that is not necessary. You should be able to answer the above two questions in one simple sentence.

This is your thread, so I will allow you to do the honours. The floor is yours, my friend.

*tips fedora*

Here; I'll meet you half way since my intention is to help you and not embarrass you.

Again, here is a signpost that points to many avenues that can be explored and navigated using the map of introspection: www.awakeninthedream.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Lets go

Born a child, without prior knowledge about the world i was to face. Given a priori gifts of nature to find, without preconceptions around me. I was taught ideals, not a part of the a priori, but posteriori just to find a place with seven billion other of my kindred on any of the seven hills. My mind created the reality of ideals and virtues but it does not exist except in the darkest corners of my mind. My soul still earns for blood and soil, the gift mother earth gave, not a curse. The curse is man, not a child of mother nature.

My mind shows what my body wants, without breaking a seal of any virtue, there is the divine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join