It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Camera Shows Moon Crossing Face of Earth (Epic Dark Side of Moon images)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: coombsyjay

It's like you didn't even bother to read the posts above yours.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wow flat earthers ask yourself one question about this video why does it continously cut out instead of just a constant feed if you don't get it yet then you really are just in denial of truth question everything research curvature you may be surprised

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
I thought the earth was an oblate, pear-shaped spheroid.

Somebody is lying!!

The earth is oblate, but the difference of ~20 km off of perfectly round at ~6400 km radius is completely imperceptible. If you doubt it, use excel to plot the perfect circle and the "oval" on top of each other. A single pixel width will cover both.

It would be the equivalent of being able to see the difference between something 1 inch long vs 1.003 inches long...just too hard to see in any picture.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Awesome ... just awesome... we need more such pics.

But one thing ...and it's that odd, sorta cross-shaped space of cloudless sky located off the NW U.S. ... above and just to the right of the Moon in the OP pic. The straight lines drew my eyes ... it must be a composite image and the straight lines are just patches of other pics from another time sequence... right?

Or are we playing with scalar waves and weather.. .again? Heh... likely just an odd, right-angled front.. .but those straight borders of cloud are pretty weird.
edit on 8/6/2015 by Baddogma because: correct add

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I posted this in another thread.

They hole in the clouds is not quite rectangular as they look zoomed out. Still very interesting looking though:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Ok. I saw it online , thought it was pretty

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 6-8-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I am not saying its fake

But it looks a little fake to me

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MarryPass

I'm not saying your observation is baseless

But it's baseless

And VERY repetitive in this thread.
edit on 6-8-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Man, i am still waiting on a new MS Paint diagram you made in the related subject in another 'spaghetti' post here on ATS regarding the EPIC animated GIF of NASA photshop artists, it almost seems like you have the assignment to debunk all of the CGI-opinionators (non-existing word) here. But hey, you were behind the orbiter's camera, and that is maybe true.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

And now you think it is real?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: coombsyjay

I agree, why put a time lapsed animation on the mainstream media.... I even saw it here on the news, it is a shame. If NASA is also 2015, then put a full framed video of that event, no they put a staged timelapsed 'stupid' animation instead... it is fake all the way, my opinion.

ps. NASA, call your film makers in hollywood to make 'evidence'

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oblate spheroid with ice caps top/bottom... check and check...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It looks fake as hell to me.. The earth appears a couple hundred times larger in this picture than it does in that " famous" picture taken from the surface of the moon with a 3/4 earth in the background..

Can someone tell me the name of the land mass seen on earth in the pic? I've rotated a globe to try to determine it and I can't seem to identify it.... Thnx

Oh btw , that famous earth shot that I mentioned. Has anyone here downloaded it from NASA site, load it up in Photoshop and highlight the entire picture? See anything parcular about the Earth?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilwayneisadork
They don't film videos using spacecraft (apart from very rare occasions, like the HD videos from Kaguya spacecraft orbiting the Moon). It takes up a lot of memory, bandwidth, and energy to film and transmit videos from spacecraft. Instead, they take a series of photos over the course of time, and the downlinked photos can be assembled into a time-lapse video.

In response to the many moans posted recently in this thread - the spacecraft are up there to do science and research, not to please the public or to try to clear their mistrust.

originally posted by: HooHaa
It looks fake as hell to me.. The earth appears a couple hundred times larger in this picture than it does in that " famous" picture taken from the surface of the moon with a 3/4 earth in the background..

Been already addressed in this thread. The camera that took that image is basically a telescope, much more powerful than even the biggest telephoto lens used by photographers on Earth. On the Moon, Apollo astronauts used a regular camera with regular lens.
edit on 6-8-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The pic of the earth looks awfully familiar. It's the same one we see over & over in books, movies, articles etc. Notice the cloud swirls. Look up any YT and see this exact same thing. Makes one wonder what's really going on here.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamHill
The pic of the earth looks awfully familiar. It's the same one we see over & over in books, movies, articles etc. Notice the cloud swirls. Look up any YT and see this exact same thing. Makes one wonder what's really going on here.

This was taken on July 16 when Hurricane Delores was off the Coast of Mexico. In this image, you can see Hurricane Delores off the coast of Mexico, right where it should be -- so I'd say this wasn't a stock image of the earth taken from a textbook.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: odzeandennz

Three letters re the far side of the Moon

L R O .

The far side has been image before if you know were to look.

The far side has been imaged yes, the images are composite UV/VIS. Seeing as you know where to look, can you locate the individual images from the visible wavelength filters? If not, then I must assume the images are UV, which is why a regular camera or video camera will see nothing on the far side.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilwayneisadork

I'm sorry? Last we spoke I was calling you out to present a logically consistent and evidence based argument as to how and why it was faked.

You ducked and dodged, attempting to push the burden of proof on to ME.

I take it you still can't answer my challenge?

One side of the debate has consistently rebutted claims with science and evidence, the other side has done nothing but repeat "nuh uh it's still fake because I say so! Never a straight answer, amirite?" over and over.

Proove us wrong! Show us you hoaxers are capable of debating in a mature and evidence based manner.
edit on 6-8-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
The far side has been imaged yes, the images are composite UV/VIS. Seeing as you know where to look, can you locate the individual images from the visible wavelength filters? If not, then I must assume the images are UV, which is why a regular camera or video camera will see nothing on the far side.

If this were true we wouldn't be able to photograph the moon at all.

Photos of the lunar far side exist from the 1960s onwards using normal film and cameras.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join