It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Camera Shows Moon Crossing Face of Earth (Epic Dark Side of Moon images)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IwillbeHONEST

First: Stop talking about members. That's not the subject of this thread

Second: burden of proof rests with you. You are the one making the claim that something is fake. It is not up to the members presenting the material that was officially released to prove that it is not fake.

It's up to the member making the claim that it is fake to provide proof of such a claim.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Just got my tickets to board the next Virgin space flight. I'll be back soon with my evidence. Branson and myself go way back.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IwillbeHONEST
a reply to: jaffo

TWhat does the fact that top rocket scientists from another government came to work at NASA have to do with anything?

So the Nazis were just "another government"? LMAO.

I bet in another thread you're there defending WW2 vets calling the Nazis evil bastards but now they've twisted into just another form of government. Sounds like in your above statement you trust the Nazis. Are we to assume that?

I don't have to twist my logic. You do.

But have fun cheerleading each other and insulting curious minds. You're a hilarious bunch. But I can't quite come to grips with why you come to a conspiracy site to insult open-minded conversation. Seems like a waste of time. And the number of you are growing.

You ask me for proof but you have none, whatsoever, that it's real. LMAO

Please explain what Nazi scientists (who were way ahead of everyone else in rocketry at the time) coming to work for NASA has to do with the ability of NASA to take these photographs.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
And actually, yes there actually is a mountain of proof as to this being real. The documentation of the craft being built and launched, the tracking of said craft, the purchase history of all its components, the factories that made the thing, all of the other previous photographs. It goes on and on and on. Choosing to believe all of that is fake, just like you claim these photos are, is the only way you can deny the reality of what you are seeing. Face it, you're just trolling. And poorly at that. Here's an idea, guys, how about we just stop feeding the obvious troll? Yeah, that sounds nice. (Obligatory "Yeah, you're just ignoring me because you know I'm right/can't prove I'm wrong!" post in 3...2...)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: GetHyped

It's fake because I called it fake.

That's some mighty fine logic there!

Further demonstrating the fact that the hoaxers seem incapable of constructing logical, evidence-based arguments to support their wild claims.

edit on 7-8-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
And actually, yes there actually is a mountain of proof as to this being real. The documentation of the craft being built and launched, the tracking of said craft, the purchase history of all its components, the factories that made the thing, all of the other previous photographs. It goes on and on and on. Choosing to believe all of that is fake, just like you claim these photos are, is the only way you can deny the reality of what you are seeing. Face it, you're just trolling. And poorly at that. Here's an idea, guys, how about we just stop feeding the obvious troll? Yeah, that sounds nice. (Obligatory "Yeah, you're just ignoring me because you know I'm right/can't prove I'm wrong!" post in 3...2...)

So all of that adds up to a photograph from 1m miles away? $340M launch to show you some paperwork, receipts, "parts" and a launch of an ICBM with no proof it's 1M miles away other than a CGI photo? Sure, I'd like to profit off of that.

I bet I could do most of that for 10% of the cost, given their resources. Man, I'm in the wrong business.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Let's see the other side of the coin:

The amount of evidence you have offered to demonstrate that the pictures are fake is a big fat ZERO.

And you accuse others of blindingly believing things...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Requesting logic and evidence to support conclusions = "I'm under attack!".

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I've used logic. I'm open to it being real (highly doubt it) but I believe I'd need to see more evidence than a CGI picture/rendering. You're trying to make me angry by your replies, yours are allowed and when I give it back a moderator repremands me.

You can have your fantasy. Sorry for the input, ATS. Back to normal. NASA has "proof"

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I've used logic.

No you haven't. You've used aggressive antagonistic belligerence as a substitute for rational discussion.

I'm open to it being real (highly doubt it)

The second part of this cancals out the first.

but I believe I'd need to see more evidence than a CGI picture/rendering.

Firstly, prove it's CGI, secondly what evidence do you want? Moving clouds? Done. Correct viewpoint for the stated time? Done. Saying it is CGI does not amount to proof.

You're trying to make me angry by your replies, yours are allowed and when I give it back a moderator repremands me.

Aah the wife-beater's defence "look what you made me do..."

If mods see other posts that are out of order they will deal with it. The decision as to when the line is crossed is not yours. Put your own house in order and stop bleating.

You can have your fantasy. Sorry for the input, ATS. Back to normal. NASA has "proof"

And you don't have proof. Bring some to the argument instead of just the argument.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
One of the most beautiful space images I've ever seen. We've gotten lots of amazing imagery of distant worlds in recent months, but I think this one is the most spectacular. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Earth and the moon from such a distance, with such fidelity. Just amazing. Awe inspiring, really.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So... Take a ball and put a black dot in the upper left hand corner. Then hold the ball in front of you with the dot positioned similarly as the prominent dark dot(upper left) in the moon animation. Now keeping the same face of the ball pointed towards the arc center, move the ball around an imaginary point in front of you. Compare the beginning and end positions of the dots between your experiential knowledge and NASA's "animation".a reply to: IwillbeHONEST

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

Evidence:

This is the third (supposed) non-terminator line picture of our Earth. Out of everything we supposedly have in deep space - that's suspicious

This photo doesn't pass the eye-ball test of rational, non-biased confirmation in my humble opine

Nobody has proof one way or the other that this mechanism is where it's said to be, delivering images - we have to rely on faith that it is. This is the truth, no matter how you slice it.

A photo of anything these days, as advanced as computer rendering is, is not proof

No images of DSCOVR in deep space, confirming it's location - that I know of

Can I fathom NASA faking images and pocketing tax payers dollars to be funneled towards other projects: Yes, and the government has hidden tax payer funds before ($60k toilets)

Firstly, prove it's CGI, secondly what evidence do you want? Moving clouds? Done. Correct viewpoint for the stated time? Done. Saying it is CGI does not amount to proof.

So this couldn't be faked in your opinion?

I believe it could and is currently.

Asking me to prove the impossible doesn't constitute proof that this picture is what it claims. If so, then God exists as well according to your logic.

I can't nor can you, get to space. We can't verify anything other than spoon-fed information from an entity that I believe is duping everyone. Both of us are relying on faith and intuition.

That's the conversation minus the usual "you're not intelligent enough" BS

(post by PublicOpinion removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Evidence:

This is the third (supposed) non-terminator line picture of our Earth.

That you know of. What are the others? I can point you to dozens of non-terminator images of Earth taken by a single satellite. What is the significance of a non-terminator image? Why do you think it proves anything.

Out of everything we supposedly have in deep space - that's suspicious

To you. Suspicion proves nothing.

This photo doesn't pass the eye-ball test of rational, non-biased confirmation in my humble opine

Ok, we can add your opinion to your suspicion. The sum total of your evidence so far is "I don't like it and it looks funny".

Nobody has proof one way or the other that this mechanism is where it's said to be, delivering images - we have to rely on faith that it is. This is the truth, no matter how you slice it.

No, yoiu rely on science, and scientists, and everyone involved in the program from the building of the probe to the people who launched it, tracked it, and who receive and analyse the data.

A photo of anything these days, as advanced as computer rendering is, is not proof

You seem happy to rely on the photo as proof it was faked. Your assertion that it is a fake computer rendering is not proof.

The sequence of images shows weather patterns verified by terrestrial satellites, shows the correct land masses to be in view for the stated time it they were taken, and the correct amount of rotation for the time period over which the images were taken. The moon is in the correct place, again verified by astronomical software.

No images of DSCOVR in deep space, confirming it's location - that I know of

And if they did post an image of something a few feet across a million miles away, you would cry fake anyway. Ask teh people collecting the datastream where there dish is pointing - see if it's a lagrange point or not. You not being able to see something is not proof that it does not exist.

Can I fathom NASA faking images and pocketing tax payers dollars to be funneled towards other projects: Yes, and the government has hidden tax payer funds before ($60k toilets)

You don't like NASA. So what? Prove they faked something instead of bitching about how many tax dollars they eat.

So this couldn't be faked in your opinion?

Did I say that? No. Do I think it was? No. Does the evidence available provide a greater degree of support for its veracty than "boo, NASA, boo, looks funny".

I believe it could and is currently.

Asking me to prove the impossible doesn't constitute proof that this picture is what it claims. If so, then God exists as well according to your logic.

No, I asked you to provide evidence to support your claims. You have nothing but opinion and bias and a dislike of NASA. If you can't prove your own argument, stop making it.

I can't nor can you, get to space. We can't verify anything other than spoon-fed information from an entity that I believe is duping everyone. Both of us are relying on faith and intuition.

No. i am relying on my education and the ability to think for myself. You know what I did when I saw some of the claims in this thread? I went and checked for myself and showed my results. What have you done?

That's the conversation minus the usual "you're not intelligent enough" BS

You have done nothing yet to demonstrate any kind of intelligence.
edit on 7-8-2015 by onebigmonkey because: parsing

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So you have no proof either?

Shoooo weeeee! Semantics battle going on right here!

Ah, but you rely on science and scientists as faith conselors to determine the authenticity of this image and following animation. Am I right??

Look, I realize you "trust" NASA more than others. I just wish this conversation were humble enough to discuss the realm of fabrication without the insults. I lurked here for a long time. I couldn't help myself but start an account because of the attitude allowed pestering posters who don't believe in the moon landings or NASA's endeavors. Posturing yourself as "more intelligent" or calling others "ignorant" is petty and really has no basis in the discussion. It's really out of desparation when one has to resort to such accusations.

But have no fear. There's more of you now than the old crowd. So, you'll always have numbers on your side.

The new religion of Scientism:

Evolution
Big Bang
Vaccines are SWELL!
We golfed on the MOON!
NASA = Jesus
Chemtrails - don't you even think about it
9/11 conspiracy has been debunked by non-peer review 1000x over!
"You don't see eye to eye - well you must think the world is 6000 years old and your ilk should be shot"
"We know or have the BEST idea about the world around you and we'll point our fingers at you and laugh for questioning our dear leaders and their prescripitonal, spoon-fed dictums of the narrative of life!"
Christians are stupid
Religion is evil
Government = BFF

What did I miss?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>